And1: 8,943

Game 24: Sacramento Kings (7-16) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (17-7) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Dec 6, 2017 8:05 pm

Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Re: Game 24: Sacramento Kings (7-16) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (17-7) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Popovich » Wed Dec 6, 2017 11:45 pm

Well, Kings won vs GS recently so .....(ball is round)
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#3 » by jazanetti » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:27 am

Another inexplicable Joerger's decision 30+ minutes for Sampson. While Jackson and Scal are in G-league. I can say only one thing - without Perry we totally lost any brain... Again(((
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#4 » by KF10 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:43 am

jazanetti wrote:Another inexplicable Joerger's decision 30+ minutes for Sampson. While Jackson and Scal are in G-league. I can say only one thing - without Perry we totally lost any brain... Again(((

I thought Sampson had a very good game. Rebounded the heck of the ball and had great defensive energy throughout the game.

Here are some quotes about him today:

“That’s what I do,” Sampson said. “I want to be that energy guy out there, that guy goes out there and do all the dirty stuff, get my hands dirty, lock up the best player, grab rebounds, make it easy for my teammates. And that’s what I’m good at and that’s the type of player I am.”

“It was a surprise to me but I was happy for the challenge,” Sampson said of starting. “I know this is what I bring to the team, it’s defense. I like guarding the best player so I live for moments like this. It was fun.”

Sampson scored only six points, but his rebounds were the most by a King this season. More importantly, he was a bigger body that was not afraid to match up with James physically.

James still had a dominant performance with 32 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists, but the way Sampson approached defending James seemed to energize the Kings, who led most of the game before late breakdowns in the fourth quarter cost them a shot at winning.

“I think he did great,” Kings coach Dave Joerger said. “He has some experience in the NBA and he has played (James) before. He was our best chance and I thought he fought like crazy.”

“It ain’t bad,” Sampson said. “I pride myself on defense. I love guarding the best player, that gets me going. I like that, I look forward to it.”
jazanetti
Junior

Post#5 » by jazanetti » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:51 am

KF10 wrote:
I thought Sampson had a very good game. Rebounded the heck of the ball and had great defensive energy throughout the game.

And what next? We are starting to rebuilt around Sampson? He's nearly 25 with below average ceiling. While for Jackson or Scal it would be a great experience to play against Lebron.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#6 » by KF10 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 6:45 am

jazanetti wrote:
KF10 wrote:

And what next? We are starting to rebuilt around Sampson? He's nearly 25 with below average ceiling. While for Jackson or Scal it would be a great experience to play against Lebron.

Joerger is a "win-now" coach. A guy like Sampson is someone that Joerger loves to play.

Look, I would rather see Skal, Jackson on the court more often than not too but Joerger doesn't view the game the same way that most fans do.
jazanetti
Junior

Post#7 » by jazanetti » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:03 am

KF10 wrote:
Joerger is a "win-now" coach. A guy like Sampson is someone that Joerger loves to play.

Look, I would rather see Skal, Jackson on the court more often than not too but Joerger doesn't view the game the same way that most fans do.

I can understand that. But is Joerger a fool? Can't he understand that we have to switch to the "win mode" next year and this year we have to develop our youngs? Keeping this up - trying to win against Cavs with guys like Sampson, the only goal he can reach - to be fired. Because at the end of the season we will be to good to win lottery and get a top talent and too bad to be a winning team. With no chance to sign top FAs, no developed youngs, no 1st round pick at 2019... It's even much worse scenario than giving super max to DeMarcus.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,571

Re: RE: Re: Game 24: Sacramento Kings (7-16) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (17-7) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#8 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Dec 7, 2017 2:21 pm

jazanetti wrote:
KF10 wrote:

I can understand that. But is Joerger a fool? Can't he understand that we have to switch to the "win mode" next year and this year we have to develop our youngs? Keeping this up - trying to win against Cavs with guys like Sampson, the only goal he can reach - to be fired. Because at the end of the season we will be to good to win lottery and get a top talent and too bad to be a winning team. With no chance to sign top FAs, no developed youngs, no 1st round pick at 2019... It's even much worse scenario than giving super max to DeMarcus.

Yes he is. It's actually sad, somehow I think he actually thinks he's doing a service to the young guys making them earn everything.

He keeps them on a tight leash but the vets aren't ever held accountable.

I'd rather see sampson play than koufos any day of the way, that doesn't explain skal.

Skal doesn't need to be in the G-league. He needs a coach who isn't a moron putting him in the post all game. That's not his game, he's not utilizing him correctly. But joerger doesn't maximize his players strengths, u either play his game or u don't play. Simple

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#9 » by Cruel_Ruin » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:33 pm

jazanetti wrote:
KF10 wrote:

Sampson is 24, the same age as WCS and Buddy. If the latter two can be part of a rebuild so can JaKarr.

Not everyone you develop has to be an all-star. Roleplayers are important too. JaKarr plays really good defense and hustles his tail off. That's still valuable in this league
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 599

Post#10 » by madskillz8 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:24 pm

Cruel_Ruin wrote:
jazanetti wrote:
KF10 wrote:

Sampson is 24, the same age as WCS and Buddy. If the latter two can be part of a rebuild so can JaKarr.

Not everyone you develop has to be an all-star. Roleplayers are important too. JaKarr plays really good defense and hustles his tail off. That's still valuable in this league

This! We are too obsessed with our first round picks at all. If Jakarr is performing better than Skal, he should be playing.
If you believe Skal has a better upside than him, then let him show it, or develop him. Playing NBA minutes is good alternative for development but I dont think this is a necessity. There are lots of first round picks who are given lots of minutes to justify FO's decisions, but then find himself out of league soon.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 159

Post#11 » by Lost in LA » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:39 am

I believe we have the wrong coach for where we are

Return to Sacramento Kings