Trade Ideas (Part III)

Moderator: ijspeelman

chris4celts
Junior
And1: 313

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#361 » by chris4celts » Wed Dec 6, 2017 1:13 am

jbk1234 wrote:
chris4celts wrote:Any way you'd trade that Nets pick back to the Celtics? I don't know what to do with myself without a Nets pick.

Given the fact that we wanted Tatum and Danny offered the Nets pick instead, I imagine Tatum would get it back for you.

How about Marcus Smart?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#362 » by jbk1234 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 3:41 am

chris4celts wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
chris4celts wrote:Any way you'd trade that Nets pick back to the Celtics? I don't know what to do with myself without a Nets pick.

Given the fact that we wanted Tatum and Danny offered the Nets pick instead, I imagine Tatum would get it back for you.

How about Marcus Smart?

LOL no. Get out of here.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#363 » by Stillwater » Wed Dec 6, 2017 4:02 am

chris4celts wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

How about Marcus Smart?

like Boston needs more picks, but ok here you go:
I'd give you the Nets pick top 20 protected otherwise you get our own pick lottery protected in 2025 in exchange for Theis :lol:
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#364 » by Roddy B for 3 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:07 am

Would Nene, Ryan Anderson, P.J. Tucker, and Houston's 2018 (top 20 protected 1st) for Kevin Love strike anyone's fancy?
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#365 » by jbk1234 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:12 am

Roddy B for 3 wrote:Would Nene, Ryan Anderson, P.J. Tucker, and Houston's 2018 (top 20 protected 1st) for Kevin Love strike anyone's fancy?

No. I wouldn't even do that trade for Love this summer if LBJ left. How are you putting top-20 protections on a pick where you dump Anderson's contract & get Love?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst

Post#366 » by Roddy B for 3 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:17 am

Or, any interest in Dwight Howard?
7/1/2019
Roddy B for 3
Analyst

Post#367 » by Roddy B for 3 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:21 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:Would Nene, Ryan Anderson, P.J. Tucker, and Houston's 2018 (top 20 protected 1st) for Kevin Love strike anyone's fancy?

No. I wouldn't even do that trade for Love this summer if LBJ left. How are you putting top-20 protections on a pick where you dump Anderson's contract & get Love?

...ok.. top 3 protected.

It's basically win now trade. You get a good complimentary Center next to Thompson, a better 3 point shooter t the PF, and another wing defender. The pick can be flipped later or you can go into the draft with three 1sts.

I also was considering Houston taking on Iman.
7/1/2019
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#368 » by jbk1234 » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:26 am

Roddy B for 3 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

...ok.. top 3 protected.

It's basically win now trade. You get a good complimentary Center next to Thompson, a better 3 point shooter t the PF, and another wing defender. The pick can be flipped later or you can go into the draft with three 1sts.

I also was considering Houston taking on Iman.

I'd still pass. The Cavs are killing it right now and Love's been our second best player. There's no realistic Love trade to be had this season. Plus, the Rockets have the best record in the league and their first round pick isn't all that valuable.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
chris4celts
Junior
And1: 313

Post#369 » by chris4celts » Wed Dec 6, 2017 10:56 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
chris4celts wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

How about Marcus Smart?

LOL no. Get out of here.

I tried. In all seriousness, good luck with that pick. Looks like a 5 player draft so you need a little bit of help from here.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#370 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:34 am

chris4celts wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
chris4celts wrote:

How about Marcus Smart?

LOL no. Get out of here.

I tried. In all seriousness, good luck with that pick. Looks like a 5 player draft so you need a little bit of help from here.

We don't really need a big though. We'll settle with the best guard.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#371 » by Baller1234a » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:56 am

jbk1234 wrote:
chris4celts wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
LOL no. Get out of here.

We don't really need a big though. We'll settle with the best guard.

Sexton?
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#372 » by RiotPunch » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:59 am

Any interest in reacquiring Delly (along with a 2nd) at the expense of Frye and Osman?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#373 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 7:12 am

RiotPunch wrote:Any interest in reacquiring Delly (along with a 2nd) at the expense of Frye and Osman?

This summer, when Delly wouldn't be our 4th PG, we can talk about shaving a year off Delly's deal by trading Shump for him. But Delly, on his contract, doesn't get you a prospect & an expiring from any team in the league.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#374 » by Stillwater » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:03 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6975776
If Cavs feel Nets pick will be in the 6-10 range send out 2 low cost old or hurt pg's for injured Lavine who if he returns to full health is worth the pick. Might even help us this season and can play either guard spot
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#375 » by Stillwater » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:30 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6977362
I don't see us doing this if we continue to play well and Crowder continues to improve.
However with OKC struggling mightily they might do something like this to get back decent starters and something back for PG13 who will likely walk if their struggles continue,whereas we might have a good shot at retaining him as the starting 2 guard on a Lebron James lead roster. Not to mention this would significantly increase our chances at another title this season even though PG13 is not as solid of an offensive player in OKC as he was in INDY given he is not the first option scorer there. I doubt he would be here most of the time, but definitely could be as needed. We might have to give up our own pick in this deal not the Nets pick as that would be overpay with the great contract Crowder has and the clutch gene of J.R. both being moved.Grant gives us another athletic 3/4 defender on an expiring
Truthful1
Ballboy
And1: 10

Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#376 » by Truthful1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:52 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Any interest in reacquiring Delly (along with a 2nd) at the expense of Frye and Osman?

There isn't a player on the Cavs roster I would trade to get Delly back. He is where he should be NOT on the Cavs. Zizic, Osman, TT and Shumpert the guys I would trade would all net the Cavs someone better than Delly.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#377 » by Stillwater » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Truthful1 wrote:

There isn't a player on the Cavs roster I would trade to get Delly back. He is where he should be NOT on the Cavs. Zizic, Osman, TT and Shumpert the guys I would trade would all net the Cavs someone better than Delly.

would rather have Delly than Jose for the man's grit and fire,despite Jose also showing that to some degree but Delly is too expensive really
Truthful1
Ballboy

Post#378 » by Truthful1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Truthful1 wrote:

would rather have Delly than Jose for the man's grit and fire,despite Jose also showing that to some degree but Delly is too expensive really

I have Delly and Calderon on the same level except Calderon is a little better shooter. The heart is there for both but both of them get dominated by quicker guards. I would add Calderon to my players to trade list.

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#379 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Truthful1 wrote:

I'd trade Shump for Delly this summer. I'm pretty much over Shump. He's hurt all the time, he dogs it in the regular season, and even when he tries in the postseason, he tries too hard on offense and doesn't play within his game. Liggins gave you 90% of what Shump gave you 1/10th the money.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Truthful1
Ballboy

Post#380 » by Truthful1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:01 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Truthful1 wrote:

I'd trade Shump for Delly this summer. I'm pretty much over Shump. He's hurt all the time, he dogs it in the regular season, and even when he tries in the postseason, he tries too hard on offense and doesn't play within his game. Liggins gave you 90% of what Shump gave you 1/10th the money.

I liked Liggins over Shumpert. He played within his skill level unlike Shumpert. I cringe when Shumpert shoots the ball. Also, when Shumpert plays during garbage time which hasn't been much this year, he dominates the ball like he is the best one on the court. I rather see other players develop Shumpert has had his chance.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers