ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#8061 » by DowNY » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:50 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:Adams and Frazier for Cole is a bad deal.

Yankees can wait until the trade deadline or next season and wait until a better starting pitcher is on the market. Again, you can get more for them if you trade 2 top prospects in the same deal.

Cashman is too smart to give up both of them. Especially when Cole is coming of 2 unspectacular seasons.

He was Cy Young worth in 2016. Injuries only caused an issue.
There's no "waiting". We're going in now. Only wait goes to Machado, who seems to be leaking all the NY friendly info right now anyway.
What happens if Cole is having a Cy Young year for the Pirates & the prices goes up? Seen more of him on the Major level than the other 2 prospects. Trade Clint now at peak value & Adams will essentially be replaced by Cole, plus we keep Sheffield & others.
Can't prospect hug.

Now if Cashman ends up only giving up 1 of them, then great. but if he gives up both, you gotta trust him.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#8062 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm

DowNY wrote:

Yankees can wait until the trade deadline or next season and wait until a better starting pitcher is on the market. Again, you can get more for them if you trade 2 top prospects in the same deal.

Cashman is too smart to give up both of them. Especially when Cole is coming of 2 unspectacular seasons.

There's no "waiting". We're going in now. Only wait goes to Machado, who seems to be leaking all the NY friendly info right now anyway.
What happens if Cole is having a Cy Young year for the Pirates & the prices goes up? Seen more of him on the Major level than the other 2 prospects. Trade Clint now at peak value & Adams will essentially be replaced by Cole, plus we keep Sheffield & others.
Can't prospect hug.

Now if Cashman ends up only giving up 1 of them, then great. but if he gives up both, you gotta trust him.

At some point the Yanks will trade a prospect that is good for a good player. It's got to happen. It might have already happened with Kaperlain or Fowler or Rutherford. Or in a few years for the guys for Stanton. But the Yanks have gotten good players coming back.

Part of building up the minors is to make trades. We hope the home team bats %1000 when it comes to getting the better player in the deal, but it might not happen each and every single time. As long as the guys they get are good, it's worth it.

Think about it. The Yanks went from having an "ok" minor league system, and one that had almost no OF prospects (remember when Mason Williams was the big deal) a smattering of IF prospects and ok pitching prospects. It's not as if zero players emerged - Severino, Betances, others, but right now the minors are stuffed, and particularly were REALLY stuffed before last years deadline.

So far the moves (outside Jamie Garcia?) have been pretty good and have been for young-ish players. This isn't the Yanks of the past where they'd empty what little prospects they had for an aging pitcher or lefty bat platoon player. (hint: Ken Phelps) While maintaining the best of the prospect base. Now that the team has moved into contention, probably a year ahead of schedule (at least), they might have to deal a prospect or two that'll hurt some.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#8063 » by xNewYorkMadex » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:18 pm

DowNY wrote:

Can't prospect hug.

You give up 1, not both.

You dont just trade them away just because we have an abundance of good prospects. Im not against trading prospects, but its got to be a fair deal. Clint and Adams are currently ranked in our top 3. Im not trading 2 A prospects in the same deal unless the guy im getting is established as elite at his position for multiple years.

Yankees already have a win now lineup and bullpen. With 3 solid pitchers in Sevy-Gray-Tanaka. Montgomery might even have a better year next season, whose to say Adams can do what Montgomery did last season and have a 3.9 ERA?

Astros have proven you dont need a deep rotation to win it all. They had 2 aces & a struggling bullpen. Dallas K didnt even pitch well in the World Series and they still won.

Im just saying we dont need to overpay on SP. Im not against trading for Cole, but hes not currently worth 2 top prospects.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,396

Post#8064 » by BadNewsBarnes » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:54 pm

If Adams pitches well, it's not an issue...we wont need a trade.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
DowNY
RealGM

Post#8065 » by DowNY » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:56 am

BadNewsBarnes wrote:If Adams pitches well, it's not an issue...we wont need a trade.

Cashman is determined to trade for a pitcher this offseason.
It's a bigger priority than bringing CC back because according to Michael Kay and other Yankee insiders, the FO don't fully trust CC holding his weight all season. They value him more for playoff games/experience and a vet leader in the clubhouse.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#8066 » by Mecca » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:58 am

DowNY wrote:
BadNewsBarnes wrote:If Adams pitches well, it's not an issue...we wont need a trade.

Cashman is determined to trade for a pitcher this offseason.
It's a bigger priority than bringing CC back because according to Michael Kay and other Yankee insiders, the FO don't fully trust CC holding his weight all season. They value him more for playoff games/experience and a vet leader in the clubhouse.

I wouldn't trade for someone like Cole. Rather trade for a pitching prospect using Frazier and another piece.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
DowNY
RealGM

Post#8067 » by DowNY » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:17 am

Read on Twitter

I think it's gonna end up being Clint, Domingo & a lower prospect for Cole.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#8068 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:37 pm

Didn't realize Nick Solak was that high. You never hear about him.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#8069 » by earthmansurfer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:49 pm

DowNY wrote:
Read on Twitter

I really hope we don't trade two high end prospects for a 27 year old with a 4.26 ERA.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#8070 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:57 pm

Just for sh*ts and grins. Hypothetical Manny Machado situation.

White Sox trade 2 prospects to the Orioles to get Machado. They then look to flip him to the Yankees.

What do the Yankees have to trade to get him, and would you do it?

I figure it takes 3 prospects. Which 3?
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#8071 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:02 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Just for sh*ts and grins. Hypothetical Manny Machado situation.

White Sox trade 2 prospects to the Orioles to get Machado. They then look to flip him to the Yankees.

Clint, Andujar and a middle tier pitching prospect
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#8072 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:38 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Just for sh*ts and grins. Hypothetical Manny Machado situation.

For a 25 year old 3B who has been one of the best players in the game?

Remember, the White Sox would have given up at least a pair of prospects to get him.

I figure Clint, Andujar and a top level pitching prospect
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#8073 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:45 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

Remember, the White Sox would have given up at least a pair of prospects to get him.

Who is on the final year of his contract expected to get 30mil a year. Can always sign him in off season or go with our youth there.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#8074 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Clint, Andujar and a middle tier pitching prospect

Who is on the final year of his contract expected to get 30mil a year. Can always sign him in off season or go with our youth there.

I figure any trade the Yanks make for him has him signing or extending.

I think they need pitching more than Machado, anyway. I'm not even sure they need to trade for pitching, but now that they did well, ahead of time, expectations are raised and it seems to be considered a fact they need to trade for a starter. I guess they don't want to get held up if they just resign CC and his knee gives out.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#8075 » by Phish Tank » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:46 pm

Read on Twitter

Welcome back
DowNY
RealGM

Post#8076 » by DowNY » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:49 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
Read on Twitter

Welcome back

CC did the right thing.
He's needed for the clubhouse.
DowNY
RealGM

Post#8077 » by DowNY » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:57 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
DowNY wrote:
Read on Twitter

I really hope we don't trade two high end prospects for a 27 year old with a 4.26 ERA.

Clint isn't even listed as a prospect anymore & Domingo isn't a top 5.
Fanbase starting to underrate Cole because of a down year. He was CY Young worthy in 2016. No need to prospect hug every prospect. They all won't be Judge/Gary. We're due some Jesus Monteros.
Cashman loves the guy & I mean, we drafted him. I love Clint but get him off while his value is high. He wants to have his long red locks anyway :lol: .
We'd be taking the Pirates #1 pitcher & plugging him in at #3 or #4. Controlled like Sonny Gray. Still would have our top pros.
With CC resigning, it gives us a little bit more leverage to decline adding a higher prospect like Adams or Sheffield.
DowNY
RealGM

Post#8078 » by DowNY » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,572