Vikings Lead-Up: Packers Eliminated; Rodgers IR'd

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Vikings Lead-Up: Packers Eliminated; Rodgers IR'd 

Post#1 » by trwi7 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:35 pm

Read on Twitter

There's no way Rodgers is playing another snap this season.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Re: Vikings Lead-Up: Callahan re-signed 

Post#2 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:40 pm

Rodgers should absolutely sit. No reason to put him in harms way these last two games. I'd give Callahan a start. Might as well see what you have in him.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#3 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:52 pm

The only way I'd play him is if Tampa could somehow win tonight. You'd still be mathematically alive on Saturday. I don't think they'd sit him if that happens.

But yeah, the 90-95% chance that Atlanta wins tonight, you absolutely sit him. Nothing positive can come from Rodgers playing while the team is eliminated.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#4 » by Mags FTW » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:01 pm

They will only sit him if we are mathematically eliminated.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#5 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:The only way I'd play him is if Tampa could somehow win tonight. You'd still be mathematically alive on Saturday. I don't think they'd sit him if that happens.

But yeah, the 90-95% chance that Atlanta wins tonight, you absolutely sit him. Nothing positive can come from Rodgers playing while the team is eliminated.

Sure if they are still alive then you play him. Assuming Atlanta wins tonight I would expect a bunch of roster moves this week with guys like adams, perry, and house going to IR while they promote some practice squad guys for a look.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:00 am

I know they'd like to prop up Hundley's trade value (if possible) but I wouldn't mind at least seeing Callahan at some point. I don't expect anything but why not. Especially if Detroit is also out of it in the finale. Throw him out there. Matt Flynn II except it is in Detroit not Lambeau.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Re: Vikings Lead-Up: Packers Eliminated; Game Flexed to Sat Night 

Post#7 » by humanrefutation » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:48 am

Officially eliminated. Game is on Saturday night.
Prickle
Senior
And1: 221

Re: Vikings Lead-Up: Packers Eliminated; Game on Sat Night 

Post#8 » by Prickle » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:29 am

I've got tickets to the game.....anyone interested? :dontknow:

Lol, just like that, what could've been the biggest game of the year just turned into the least anticipated game at Lambeau in probably a decade. Expect to see A LOT of purple on Saturday. :noway:
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:02 pm

I'll watch of course but it's been a long time since we've had to watch a game after playoff elimination. :(
Outlander
Junior
And1: 68

Post#10 » by Outlander » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:26 pm

One less thing to do on a busy holiday weekend, no way I watch this meaningless game.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#11 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:13 pm

I'll watch since it's on Saturday night. If it was on Christmas Eve though, no chance.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#12 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:48 pm

I saw a poll up asking if Rodgers should play. 75% no 25% yes. I guess I should be happy that 3 out of 4 fans aren't crazy but man I don't get what that 25% is thinking. I see no sane and logical reason to even consider playing Rodgers when he's not 100% healthy in a meaningless game. The potential downside so outweighs any upside (not sure what that is?) in this situation.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#13 » by FAH1223 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Getting rid of Capers and going into 2018 with a healthy Rodgers... will make this the best offseason since winning the Super Bowl.

Ted stepping aside for the younger Wolf (or some other younger innovative mind) would also make it a great offseason.

I'm agnostic on MM. I'd love it if we could get a new coach for Aaron's final few seasons.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,364

Post#14 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:54 pm

I'll watch it cuz I'll treat it as a preseason game. Let Hundley play himself into a better draft pick for us.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#15 » by Iheartfootball » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:58 pm

I bet they win. Just cause it won't matter and the Queens are due for a loss.

My only hope this season is that the Queens peaked too early and get swiftly eliminated from the playoffs. That's all I ask for. Please.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#16 » by M-C-G » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:18 pm

SHUT IT DOWNNNNNNNNNNNN

Nothing to gain at this point. There is a very slim possibility that we could end up with the 10th pick at this point if we lose both and things break our way.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#17 » by humanrefutation » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Run Callahan out there. I wish we still had Taysom Hill because he would actually offer some fun here and there.
mnstinks
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#18 » by mnstinks » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:30 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Ted stepping aside for the younger Wolf (or some other younger innovative mind) would also make it a great offseason.

Wolf and Gutekunst are essentially making the player decisions. They can go too
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:01 pm

That concerns me as well. I know Ted loves to scout and does a lot of it himself. But he also has a staff that is feeding him info. Just as with the DC I'm not sure promoting someone to GM is the right move. I would have loved to get Dorsey. Would love to get Schneider.
Wiscfan92
Starter
And1: 206

Post#20 » by Wiscfan92 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:19 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I saw a poll up asking if Rodgers should play. 75% no 25% yes. I guess I should be happy that 3 out of 4 fans aren't crazy but man I don't get what that 25% is thinking. I see no sane and logical reason to even consider playing Rodgers when he's not 100% healthy in a meaningless game. The potential downside so outweighs any upside (not sure what that is?) in this situation.

Totally agree here. I've heard all morning on the radio and other shows that "The fans paid to see 12 and deserve it" -- no this is idiotic and those fans are foolish. If he wasn't injured and we were out of it, yeah sure play him. But he's still not healed and we are literally playing for nothing. It's time to swallow our pride and shut guys like 12 and D-bak down for the year and let some other guys get reps.
Play your role till your role change. Pay your dues till your dues paid.

Return to Green Bay Packers