ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#2021 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Em should just stick to features and doing one offs every now and then. He wasn't a great album maker in his prime and now that he's washed/run out of things to say it's just gotten worse. I haven't listened to the album but I knew I didn't have to to know that chit was going to be wack af. Hating on Trump is tired at this point and overdone (as much as I don't approve of him either)...

I guess if you're selling as much as Em still does you might as well make an album and go on tour and make your millions of dollars but from a strictly rap perspective it needs to end soon... Crazy how Jay is really the only one from the late 90's/early 2000's top dudes to age gracefully and still put out quality high selling chit now....
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,088

Post#2022 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:40 pm

Greenie wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:so we just not gonna talk about justice being served for chinx... SMH

?

they found out who killed him
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#2023 » by Greenie » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:00 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Greenie wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:so we just not gonna talk about justice being served for chinx... SMH

?

Who did it?
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#2024 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Stop Posting Trash Thank You

- My Ears

Greenie
RealGM

Post#2025 » by Greenie » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:08 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:Stop Posting Trash Thank You

- My Ears

Help your own ears.
What is this recycle bin material?
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#2026 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:10 am

Greenie wrote:

- My Ears

Help your own ears.

:lol:

Coming from You Greens I take that critique and put in the recycle bin. That dude is like 15. If you think thats trash....you got to much Trippe in your system. :o
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#2027 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:11 am

Greenie wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Greenie wrote:?

Who did it?

some dude that fought chinx while he was in jail. another guy helped too
Rudolph says Homere— an aspiring rapper who goes by the name Qwality—fought Chinx on Sept. 27, 2009, while both were housed on Rikers Island.

“We're not exactly sure what the fight was about but our perpetrator Quincy probably got the worst of it and he wanted to get back at Chinx,” Rudolph tells XXL. Chinx had previously served more than three years in jail on robbery and drug charges from June 2005 to October 2008, but was taken back into custody shortly thereafter due to a parole violation. “When he saw Chinx's career starting to blow, he took it real personal and figured that his [own] career was going south... It just festered inside of him.”

Things between Homere and Chinx kept festering until April of 2015 when they had a verbal confrontation during a show in Philly. French Montana, Uncle Murda, and other prominent rappers are said to have witnessed the yelling and allegedly "blacklisted" Homere.

A few weeks later, Chinx was shot dead in his Porsche after police say Homere and Hill followed him from a show he had finished in Brooklyn to his hometown of Queens.

Both men have been charged with second-degree murder, second-degree attempted murder, first-degree assault, and second-degree criminal possession of a weapon. The authorities believe only Homere fired a weapon, but Hill assisted in planning the attack.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Metta World WAR
Junior
And1: 331

Post#2028 » by Metta World WAR » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:21 am

MF DOOM's son died today :(
Greenie
RealGM

Post#2029 » by Greenie » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:04 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Greenie wrote:

- My Ears

Help your own ears.

Coming from You Greens I take that critique and put in the recycle bin. That dude is like 15. If you think thats trash....you got to much Trippe in your system. :o

Greenie
RealGM

Post#2030 » by Greenie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#2031 » by Mecca » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:41 pm

So GOAT drops Thursday and Shady Records completely botched the project. Was promised Alchemist and 9th Wonder production, .Paak and Q featuring.. instead got just Daringer and a bunch of old tracks that been in the vault. smh
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#2032 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:49 pm

Mecca wrote:So GOAT drops Thursday and Shady Records completely botched the project. Was promised Alchemist and 9th Wonder production, .Paak and Q featuring.. instead got just Daringer and a bunch of old tracks that been in the vault. smh

This project is nothing but hype. One thing about Griselda is that they good hypemen. Lately the projects be underwhelming....but if they tell the story its flyest schit ever :lol: . I mean they have been promoting this album as the best album ever made :noway:.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2033 » by Mecca » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:53 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Mecca wrote:So GOAT drops Thursday and Shady Records completely botched the project. Was promised Alchemist and 9th Wonder production, .Paak and Q featuring.. instead got just Daringer and a bunch of old tracks that been in the vault. smh

This project is nothing but hype. One thing about Griselda is that they good hypemen. Lately the projects be underwhelming....but if they tell the story its flyest schit ever :lol: . I mean they have been promoting this album as the best album ever made :noway:.

WSG really the best hypeman every lol. :lol: They been talking GOAT up for a year plus and the project is basically going to end up being a mixtape.

The album they were promising though? They said it was being produced by Pete Rock, Alc and 9th.. had .Paak and Q featuring on it. Signing to Shady was trash for them.
Brooklyn Nets
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#2034 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:54 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:Em should just stick to features and doing one offs every now and then. He wasn't a great album maker in his prime and now that he's washed/run out of things to say it's just gotten worse. I haven't listened to the album but I knew I didn't have to to know that chit was going to be wack af. Hating on Trump is tired at this point and overdone (as much as I don't approve of him either)...

I guess if you're selling as much as Em still does you might as well make an album and go on tour and make your millions of dollars but from a strictly rap perspective it needs to end soon... Crazy how Jay is really the only one from the late 90's/early 2000's top dudes to age gracefully and still put out quality high selling chit now....

I thought the songs with Eminem and another artist were great. LOVED the one with Alicia Keys. I also think Bad Husband is good.

*Should be noted, I'm not into the whole deep meaning part of hip-hop. I like what I like. :lol: *
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#2035 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:11 am

As someone who used to love Eminem, was passes as a new album from him is just down right cringe worthy. It's not a he got older thing, it's a his entire cadence on the mic is almost unbearable these days. From Infinite to Revival, it's been over twenty years, but it's downright astonishing how much his style has changed.

Just let me keep those first four albums, I'm a happy man. Those old school DJ Green Lantern mixtapes, Street War mixtapes, ahh the good ole Eminem.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,410

Post#2036 » by god shammgod » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:13 am

Mecca wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

WSG really the best hypeman every lol. :lol: They been talking GOAT up for a year plus and the project is basically going to end up being a mixtape.

The album they were promising though? They said it was being produced by Pete Rock, Alc and 9th.. had .Paak and Q featuring on it. Signing to Shady was trash for them.

this is obviously not his actual first shady album. that's not being released yet probably because he doesn't have enough hype yet beyond his core audience and shady won't release it. the actual album with all those tracks is probably gonna come later if ever. because it wouldn't surprise me if it never comes out and they eventually get dropped.

the shady deal wasn't great for them. they're an underground act. they can't sell the way a major will want them to. they had a whole project with alchemist and another with just blaze and those are just sitting there because of this deal. i think they can only release the throwaway tracks which is why these projects aren't that great anymore. but on a another note, conway got to stop rapping the same verse rearranged in every song. it's getting a little old.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#2037 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:25 am

god shammgod wrote:
Mecca wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

this is obviously not his actual first shady album. that's not being released yet probably because he doesn't have enough hype yet beyond his core audience and shady won't release it. the actual album with all those tracks is probably gonna come later if ever. because it wouldn't surprise me if it never comes out and they eventually get dropped.

the shady deal wasn't great for them. they're an underground act. they can't sell the way a major will want them to. they had a whole project with alchemist and another with just blaze and those are just sitting there because of this deal. i think they can only release the throwaway tracks which is why these projects aren't that great anymore. but on a another note, conway got to stop rapping the same verse rearranged in every song. it's getting a little old.

I said this earlier in the thread. Dude is boring now. He sounds the same ALL the time. He had promise but he kinda weak sauce overall. Dude already drunk the kool aid so its kinda over.

My Young boy this...My Shooter does that. :noway:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#2038 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:38 am

lemee put yall on some fire

florida's finest......wifisfuneral

some new glizzy
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2039 » by Mecca » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:16 am

god shammgod wrote:
Mecca wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Great post shamgod and I agree.
1. I can't see Conway or Griselda in general becoming mainstream. There best bet is to expand as having a cult following that travels through the internet. They make bread off their gear and touring already. They'll never be on Complex. They are just too hard.. too real for the radio. I

2. They should've just gone independent and created their own brand like Top did with TDE. You made a good point that the real GOAT might never come out because they'll never get the hype they need.
Brooklyn Nets
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2040 » by Mecca » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:17 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I said this earlier in the thread. Dude is boring now. He sounds the same ALL the time. He had promise but he kinda weak sauce overall. Dude already drunk the kool aid so its kinda over.

My Young boy this...My Shooter does that. :noway:

:lol: That's a good point. How many of his verses talk about getting shot in the head lol.
Brooklyn Nets

Return to New York Knicks