ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#2041 » by DowNY » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:24 am

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#2042 » by Papi_swav » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:49 am

RIP Combat Jack... real hip hop heads know who he is... one of the originators of the rap podcast and Brooklyn's own.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#2043 » by Mecca » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Conway finessed us smh
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#2044 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:29 pm

my favorite song out right now
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#2045 » by god shammgod » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:46 pm

Mecca wrote:Conway finessed us smh

ha....listening now. my first thought is that daringer is kinda overrated. i like him but it's all sounding kinda similar. they're relying on him too much. on those earlier projects they had a bunch of different producers.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#2046 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:46 pm

Mecca wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Mecca wrote:
WSG really the best hypeman every lol. :lol: They been talking GOAT up for a year plus and the project is basically going to end up being a mixtape.

The album they were promising though? They said it was being produced by Pete Rock, Alc and 9th.. had .Paak and Q featuring on it. Signing to Shady was trash for them.

this is obviously not his actual first shady album. that's not being released yet probably because he doesn't have enough hype yet beyond his core audience and shady won't release it. the actual album with all those tracks is probably gonna come later if ever. because it wouldn't surprise me if it never comes out and they eventually get dropped.

the shady deal wasn't great for them. they're an underground act. they can't sell the way a major will want them to. they had a whole project with alchemist and another with just blaze and those are just sitting there because of this deal. i think they can only release the throwaway tracks which is why these projects aren't that great anymore. but on a another note, conway got to stop rapping the same verse rearranged in every song. it's getting a little old.

Great post shamgod and I agree.
1. I can't see Conway or Griselda in general becoming mainstream. There best bet is to expand as having a cult following that travels through the internet. They make bread off their gear and touring already. They'll never be on Complex. They are just too hard.. too real for the radio. I

2. They should've just gone independent and created their own brand like Top did with TDE. You made a good point that the real GOAT might never come out because they'll never get the hype they need.

Listen, me being outspoken is not a front. I actually got a WSG earlier this year, cause he was crying about he is not getting his props as Legend and the blogs and media dont acknowledge him. I told him straight up stop chasing the spotlight and if you really are a legend then people will anoint you. Sun is maaaaad thirsty to be seen in the light as other mainstream artists. We had a little back and fourth on the issue, dude started comparing himself to Biggie saying he has more albums than him, as if that makes him more Legendary than biggie :crazy:. Dude is Delusional. Its why Fahim aired his ass out a few months back. They did not want to acknowledge cause they did not want mofos to hear it. They talk all that schit, and he called them out and they said nothing back.

I knew the tension was happening behind the scenes for months and then sun Just said **** it I'm going to let it out I dont care who comes at me. They curbed Fahim and he was not trying to hear it. Even Mach don't **** with them no more. I won't reveal much here but they did Mach Dirty.

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#2047 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:01 pm

god shammgod wrote:

ha....listening now. my first thought is that daringer is kinda overrated. i like him but it's all sounding kinda similar. they're relying on him too much. on those earlier projects they had a bunch of different producers.

I said this to Mecca Just a few weeks ago. :lol:

Real Heads know when a mofo is really Ill with them beats,

A beatmaker I listen to from England made Benny Sound better than any song on that album.Took his vocals and made a dope track on his verse. Daringers recent beats are garbage...dude is highly overrated right now.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#2048 » by god shammgod » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:39 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

I said this to Mecca Just a few weeks ago. :lol:

Real Heads know when a mofo is really Ill with them beats,

A beatmaker I listen to from England made Benny Sound better than any song on that album.Took his vocals and made a dope track on his verse. Daringers recent beats are garbage...dude is highly overrated right now.

yeah. there's no real standout beats anymore from him. they're all just kinda alright. on this new one especially. even the alchemist track on this is kinda boring. i think it's like i said yesterday, we're only getting the throwaways now because of the label deal but it's a bad look for them. their momentum is slowing.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2049 » by Mecca » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:29 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
this is obviously not his actual first shady album. that's not being released yet probably because he doesn't have enough hype yet beyond his core audience and shady won't release it. the actual album with all those tracks is probably gonna come later if ever. because it wouldn't surprise me if it never comes out and they eventually get dropped.

the shady deal wasn't great for them. they're an underground act. they can't sell the way a major will want them to. they had a whole project with alchemist and another with just blaze and those are just sitting there because of this deal. i think they can only release the throwaway tracks which is why these projects aren't that great anymore. but on a another note, conway got to stop rapping the same verse rearranged in every song. it's getting a little old.

1. I can't see Conway or Griselda in general becoming mainstream. There best bet is to expand as having a cult following that travels through the internet. They make bread off their gear and touring already. They'll never be on Complex. They are just too hard.. too real for the radio. I

2. They should've just gone independent and created their own brand like Top did with TDE. You made a good point that the real GOAT might never come out because they'll never get the hype they need.

Listen, me being outspoken is not a front. I actually got a WSG earlier this year, cause he was crying about he is not getting his props as Legend and the blogs and media dont acknowledge him. I told him straight up stop chasing the spotlight and if you really are a legend then people will anoint you. Sun is maaaaad thirsty to be seen in the light as other mainstream artists. We had a little back and fourth on the issue, dude started comparing himself to Biggie saying he has more albums than him, as if that makes him more Legendary than biggie :crazy:. Dude is Delusional. Its why Fahim aired his ass out a few months back. They did not want to acknowledge cause they did not want mofos to hear it. They talk all that schit, and he called them out and they said nothing back.

I knew the tension was happening behind the scenes for months and then sun Just said **** it I'm going to let it out I dont care who comes at me. They curbed Fahim and he was not trying to hear it. Even Mach don't **** with them no more. I won't reveal much here but they did Mach Dirty.

Damn this was a really good post. I never thought you fronted and know you well connected.. and to be honest I'm not really that surprised. WSG was talking crazy on Shade w Sway a minute ago. The funny part about that is that WSG can't even RAP. :lol: I love Flygod because of the features, production, cover art, but WSG's pen? Naah

And word that's a good point because I remember Mach being apart of Griselda and then I heard he dipped because of contract reasons and haven't heard much else about it.

Signing to Shady in general was a terrible idea. One of the tracks on GOAT dropped like a year ago. And you was right, he really rap about getting shot, his shooters, and off white every 4 bars lol.

Side note, I'll take the L on DAMN. I remember hyping it up crazy off rip but in actuality it was a dumbed down sellout album. Haven't bumped it once in the past 5-6 months. I got caught in my emotions once I heard FEAR smh
Brooklyn Nets
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#2050 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:09 pm

I just heard the album. Yeah, its def not all that. I would agree with sham this **** is on sound cloud, so it def has to be the weakest songs. This **** is no different than the last album he dropped not to long ago with green lantern. Im pretty sure the dickriders are like yo this is the most fire album. How the **** WSG and Conway thought this was the Album of the year? nah sun. Dude hyped the album for over a year and this is what they delivered? lol
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2051 » by Mecca » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:28 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:I just heard the album. Yeah, its def not all that. I would agree with sham this **** is on sound cloud, so it def has to be the weakest songs. This **** is no different than the last album he dropped not to long ago with green lantern. Im pretty sure the dickriders are like yo this is the most fire album. How the **** WSG and Conway thought this was the Album of the year? nah sun. Dude hyped the album for over a year and this is what they delivered? lol

This ish really some mid. It def not the real GOAT. It gotta be hidden in the vault by shady. It’s acrually mad funny that it dropped on soundcloud. It’s an EP not even an album lol.

conway bars are so generic now.. I sent my boy a verse I made of how Conway rap. I’m pretty sure I covered all 4 of the subjects he rap about. :lol:

“my young boys are shooters, I call em cj mccollum, if you ain’t ridin’ w griselda then we sayin **** em, I got shot in the head at fairfax, you know them just some fair facts, we rocking off white like French vanilla, you know my young boys got the berettas”
Brooklyn Nets
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#2052 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:43 pm

I screenshotted this yesterday from his IG to prove Sham was right. There is def songs locked away. To be honest this is his fault. Cause why even release the B songs on the Album you said would be the best? This is when Artist give into the fanbase to much. Fans be Begging Cormega for music, but he says he loves his fans to much to rush anything to just put stuff out, to just put it out, and takes his time. He be having tracks he recorded years ago, just waiting to accumulate everything. You just Dropped the Green Latern Joint...why even drop this under that title you been hyping forever...smh

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#2053 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:50 pm

Did you hear the Mach Hommy Earl Sweatshirt Yet?
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,567

Post#2054 » by Fat Kat » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Can't believe I'm just hearing about this. He was a genuinely good dude. Hip-Hop lost an ambassador.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2055 » by Mecca » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:48 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:Did you hear the Mach Hommy Earl Sweatshirt Yet?

Just got it from my mans today. We lit.
Brooklyn Nets
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,396
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#2056 » by E-Balla » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:54 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Word? Hommy was the nicest **** of the bunch to me. Sucks too these **** are too nice to not be big and they could be way bigger with oldheads in places other than NY if they played it right
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#2057 » by god shammgod » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:18 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:I screenshotted this yesterday from his IG to prove Sham was right. There is def songs locked away. To be honest this is his fault. Cause why even release the B songs on the Album you said would be the best? This is when Artist give into the fanbase to much. Fans be Begging Cormega for music, but he says he loves his fans to much to rush anything to just put stuff out, to just put it out, and takes his time. He be having tracks he recorded years ago, just waiting to accumulate everything. You just Dropped the Green Latern Joint...why even drop this under that title you been hyping forever...smh

the song that he's talking about is on youtube. and he even says "this is from goat" right at the beginning.

E-Balla
RealGM

Post#2058 » by E-Balla » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:40 am

Cardi still biting...

Got the BX looking crazy right now...
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#2059 » by DowNY » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:40 am

E-Balla wrote:Cardi still biting...

I peeped the Nicki biting (as much as it pains me to admit)....but how has Cardi bit Tommy Genesis? Tommy be going ghost & letting her label mate Abra outclass her.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#2060 » by E-Balla » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:55 pm

DowNY wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Cardi still biting...

I peeped the Nicki biting (as much as it pains me to admit)....but how has Cardi bit Tommy Genesis? Tommy be going ghost & letting her label mate Abra outclass her.

This is Cardi's new single.

Its the same damn song. She's bit everything she's ever made its pathetic.

Return to New York Knicks