Rudy Gay Out At Least Two Weeks With Heel Injury

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Rudy Gay Out At Least Two Weeks With Heel Injury 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Rudy Gay will miss at least two weeks after an MRI revealed retrocalcaneal bursitis in his right heel.

Gay exited with the injury on Thursday.

An MRI Friday morning showed the inflammation of the bursa sac that lies over the heel.

Gay missed the previous two games with a sore right heel.

Via ESPN

chipchipperson
Junior
And1: 80

Re: Rudy Gay Out At Least Two Weeks With Heel Injury 

Post#2 » by chipchipperson » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:59 pm

Coming off a torn achilles this seems like the beginning of the end for this poor ****.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#3 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:33 pm

Lucky Kawaii is back

Bursitis hurt like heck but usually isn't structural damage
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:52 am

chipchipperson wrote:Coming off a torn achilles this seems like the beginning of the end for this poor ****.

Completely unrelated. He's played great and has fit in well with the Spurs. He has been one of the most consistent players over the last decade and he is now with one of the most consistent teams of the last decade. It could be the beginning of the beginning for this lucky ****.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#5 » by macNcheese3 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:54 am

Another injury for Gay
chipchipperson
Junior
And1: 80

Post#6 » by chipchipperson » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:42 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
chipchipperson wrote:Coming off a torn achilles this seems like the beginning of the end for this poor ****.

Completely unrelated. He's played great and has fit in well with the Spurs. He has been one of the most consistent players over the last decade and he is now with one of the most consistent teams of the last decade. It could be the beginning of the beginning for this lucky ****.

Oh, I didn't realize it was the other foot this time, not nearly as bad as I thought upon reading the article. Granted, you took your assessment of his abilities a bit far, lol. And 31 year olds with recurring foot injuries aren't lucky by any stretch.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:58 pm

chipchipperson wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

Oh, I didn't realize it was the other foot this time, not nearly as bad as I thought upon reading the article. Granted, you took your assessment of his abilities a bit far, lol. And 31 year olds with recurring foot injuries aren't lucky by any stretch.

I didn't say he was great... I said he was consistent. Check out his career numbers. Even in a lesser roll his PER is almost identical to his career average. Almost an all-star for a decade!

And he's lucky to be with the Spurs while he rehabs.

Return to Wiretap Discussion