ImageImageImageImageImage

2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who's Your Daddy?!

Capn'O
35%
DK
6%
KoC
3%
NLR
6%
GONYK
15%
Moocow
12%
Remi
6%
KT
15%
Thorn
No votes
Thugger
3%

Total votes: 34

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#861 » by Mecca » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:37 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:I'd take a flier on Winslow for Hernangomez with that report coming out that Miami is trying to move him. I think Winslow is more talented than Willy but he just can't shoot. I wasn't in love with Justise coming out but I thought he could turn into a productive 2 way guy given the right fit. Also could help us become more uptempo on offense.

I’d do that as well but don’t see Miami needing Willy with Bam and Whiteside.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#862 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:I'd take a flier on Winslow for Hernangomez with that report coming out that Miami is trying to move him. I think Winslow is more talented than Willy but he just can't shoot. I wasn't in love with Justise coming out but I thought he could turn into a productive 2 way guy given the right fit. Also could help us become more uptempo on offense.

Fuq forgot about Bam. Yeah Bam is better than Willy
Mecca
RealGM

Post#863 » by Mecca » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I’d look into working out a deal w the Kings since Perry has connection. I like WCS and Malachi.

I like Napier and SlowMo in FA as well.
Brooklyn Nets
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,552

Post#864 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:42 pm

Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I’d look into working out a deal w the Kings since Perry has connection. I like WCS and Malachi.

dont see kings trading any youth when they are about to go in full tank mode...i see them trading or cutting zbo and going all in on wcs skal and fox, i tihnk miami is the more likely trading partner...
Formerly Knicks85
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#865 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

yeah it just sucks because the Kings have sort of too many bigs also to develop unless they want to give up on Skal/WCS who I find more intriguing than Willy. Either way tough to find a fit for Willy which is why I don't really care too much for him. Pretty much every team in the league outside of a, very select few, have quality backup bigs on Willy's level already.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager

Post#866 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

yeah it just sucks because the Kings have sort of too many bigs also to develop unless they want to give up on Skal/WCS who I find more intriguing than Willy. Either way tough to find a fit for Willy which is why I don't really care too much for him. Pretty much every team in the league outside of a, very select few, have quality backup bigs on Willy's level already.

i would do willy and bulls 2nd for skal... :cry: doubt kings would ever entertain
Formerly Knicks85
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#867 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:09 pm

What can Lakers get by trading Nance, Randle and Clarkson?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2753126-how-la-lakers-could-trade-julius-randle-larry-nance-jordan-clarkson?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nba

LOS ANGELES — Before the season, Los Angeles Lakers President of Basketball Operations Earvin "Magic" Johnson called Larry Nance Jr. the team's secret weapon.

Visiting ESPN's First Take in September, Johnson said the Lakers had received multiple calls from teams asking for Nance in a trade, but that the Lakers had no interest in moving the forward.

That stance has changed, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, who wrote on Monday, "the Lakers have made it clear that [Jordan] Clarkson, Julius Randle and Larry Nance are available," heading into the February 8 NBA trade deadline.

Magic Johnson w/ some HUGE words of praise for Larry Nance Jr., calls him 'secret weapon,' that they’ve gotten a lot of trade calls for

Both general manager Rob Pelinka and Johnson have long stressed they hope to land two maximum-salaried players this summer. To do so, the Lakers would likely have to let Randle exit as a restricted free agent in July and get out of the final two years of Clarkson's deal ($25.9 million remaining) via trade.

The Nance information is new, but it's not surprising given the emergence of rookie Kyle Kuzma. Taken 27th in June's NBA draft, Kuzma is averaging 17.1 points a game while shooting 46.4 percent from the field and 37.8 percent from three-point range. Kuzma has been so good, so quickly this season, he's made both Nance and Randle expendable.

Per an Eastern Conference executive, Clarkson is probably the most attractive of the three rumored players, followed by Nance, then Randle, who he called an undersized center who will expect to be compensated this summer.

Chris Carlson/Associated Press
Nance is still on his rookie-scale contract, with $2.3 million owed next season before he hits restricted free agency in 2019. He would be eligible for an extension before the start of next season, either with the Lakers or a prospective trade partner.

Randle, who is earning $4.1 million this season, will take up $12.4 million of the Lakers' cap space as a free agent in July. To make him restricted, the team will need to issue him a qualifying offer of $5.6 million (provided Randle makes three more starts or plays another 984 minutes, otherwise that number drops to $4.3 million).

The Lakers can get to roughly $47.5 million in cap space (based on a projected $101 million 2018-19 salary cap) with Nance and either Randle or Clarkson by renouncing pending free agents Brook Lopez, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Corey Brewer and waiving non-guaranteed players Ivica Zubac, Tyler Ennis and Thomas Bryant.

Even then, that's not enough to get two max players like LeBron James, Paul George and/or DeMarcus Cousins, who would need a combined $60.1-$65.7 million to join the Lakers at full price.

Los Angeles would love to move off Luol Deng's contract, at $36.8 million over the next two years, but thus far that's been a dead end on the trade front for the team.

According to Wojnarowski, the franchise has "given up hope on unloading Luol Deng's contract in a trade because it would simply necessitate attaching too many draft assets."

An alternative would be to waive and stretch his contract out over five seasons at $7.4 million, or even give Deng a partially-guaranteed extension and then stretch him over 11 years at approximately $3.3-4 million a season.

Either move would get the Lakers to the $57-62 million cap-space range while keeping Clarkson's salary or Randle's cap hold, but not both. Trading away Nance, without getting a player on a multi-year deal, would only open an additional $1.4 million in spending power.

If the Lakers cleared Randle, Clarkson, Nance and Deng (via stretch), the team would have $70-$74 million in spending power in July, with just Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Lonzo Ball and Kuzma under contract. That's enough to sign two superstars and still have some money to spare.

Rick Bowmer/Associated Press
The best-case scenario for the Lakers is for the Oklahoma City Thunder (22-18) or New Orleans Pelicans (20-19) to quickly drop out of the playoff picture. The likelihood that Paul George or DeMarcus Cousins become available to the Lakers over the course of the next month is extremely slim.

The catch in almost any other deal the Lakers might pursue is protecting that spending power in July, barring an All-Star-caliber player in return. That means Los Angeles isn't likely to take on any contracts with guaranteed salary beyond the current season.

For Clarkson, Nance or Randle, individually or in a package, the Lakers might be open to a move that yields expiring contracts and a first-round pick. Chicago Bulls forward Nikola Mirotic is earning $12.5 million this season, with a team option for 2018-19. But with Kris Dunn playing well and Zach LaVine nearly back from a knee injury, along with Denzel Valentine, David Nwaba and Jerian Grant, would they have a need for Clarkson?

Kamil Krzaczynski/Associated Press
Perhaps Randle is more of a positional fit. The Lakers would need to include Corey Brewer to match salaries in a trade.

Randle was previously linked by Wojnarowski to the Dallas Mavericks for Nerlens Noel. The former Philadelphia 76er shares an agent with LeBron James in Rich Paul of Klutch Sports. Noel's full rights wouldn't transfer in trade; the Lakers would need to use cap room to re-sign him to a deal larger than $5 million.

Avery Bradley, a former client of Pelinka, is in the last year of his deal with the Detroit Pistons. If Detroit is concerned about losing a starter this summer, maybe it considers Clarkson for Anthony Tolliver and Bradley. As a free agent, Bradley will have a cap hold of $13.2 million this summer, but the Lakers would be off Clarkson's guaranteed salary and have a chance to keep Bradley long term.

Clarkson might be a fit with the Miami Heat in exchange for Wayne Ellington, but the Lakers may be looking for more than a straight salary dump. The same could be said of Greg Monroe of the Phoenix Suns.

Joel Auerbach/Associated Press
Derrick Favors is in the last year of his deal at $12 million; would the Utah Jazz have interest in Randle (with Brewer as filler) as a replacement?

At $1.5 million, Nance doesn't make enough on his own to bring much back in return by himself. The Lakers could include Ivica Zubac and/or Tyler Ennis to round out the numbers if Nance is involved in the aforementioned packages instead of Randle.

The Lakers would like to add shooters and quality defenders, but everything must fit within the economic parameters of their goal to land a star duo this summer.

If the team intends to let Randle leave, it'd be wise to get any real value it can in return at the deadline. Nance could stick longer as a quality role player alongside any All-Star acquisitions. If trading him helps the Lakers execute their plan, though, so be it.

Los Angeles can wait on Clarkson as well. Not many teams will have significant cap room this summer, but quite a few should have enough to absorb his $12.5 million. However, can Johnson and Pelinka know that for sure?

Every decision involves risk. Bringing in potential long-term fits like Bradley, Mirotic, Favors or Noel might help the team pivot if it is unsuccessful in luring bigger names this summer.

With the playoffs a very long shot, the Lakers should do everything they can before the February 8 deadline to make sure they truly have the ammunition to go star-hunting this summer.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#868 » by Mecca » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:13 pm

I would trade Willy for Nance. Nance is one of those glue guys that plays defense, moves the ball well, is scrappy etc. perfect 4 man if we wanna use KP at the 5.

Lakers need a long term Center.

Makes sense to me.
Brooklyn Nets
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#869 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Mecca wrote:I would trade Willy for Nance. Nance is one of those glue guys that plays defense, moves the ball well, is scrappy etc. perfect 4 man if we wanna use KP at the 5.

Makes sense to me.

We can also use whatever expiring contracts we have as well. I like J.Clarkson as well and think K.C.Pope would be a nice get for his 3-D play and think he could play SF.
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#870 » by Zingod » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Mecca wrote:I would trade Willy for Nance. Nance is one of those glue guys that plays defense, moves the ball well, is scrappy etc. perfect 4 man if we wanna use KP at the 5.

Makes sense to me.

I'd trade that Bulls 2nd rounder for Nance easily. Willy too since he's unhappy and trash defender.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#871 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:06 pm

Kuzma is the franchise. That was some nice scouting.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#872 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:11 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:

Makes sense to me.

We can also use whatever expiring contracts we have as well. I like J.Clarkson as well and think K.C.Pope would be a nice get for his 3-D play and think he could play SF.

KCP is still the guy I'd actually want from their roster.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager

Post#873 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:51 pm

basketboule wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Makes sense to me.

He's a free agent and has not been good in a contract year...
Formerly Knicks85
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#874 » by Blockwatcher » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Talk is already simmering? We still got a month and change till the deadline. I really wonder if this is going to be a big deadline...
1 John 2 : 15-17
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#875 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:54 pm

knicks85 wrote:
basketboule wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I understood the hype coming out of UGA because I liked him as a solid 2 way wing, but he's been so inconsistent throughout his entire career that he's not worth a look anymore IMO - especially because we have Tim at the 2. Said it over the summer too when people were complaining about us not going after him (lol) instead of THJr that THJr was the better player.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#876 » by Mecca » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:07 pm

knicks85 wrote:
basketboule wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I agree.

I’d look into trading Willy for Semi Ojeleye. Celtics have a glutton of Wings and need a big.
Brooklyn Nets
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#877 » by Zingod » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:22 pm

KCP and Noel both are terrible and were always overrated.

Klutch Sports :lol:
https://basketball.realgm.com/info/agent-client-list/Rich-Paul/258
Roughly half of them are trash tbh.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#878 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Mecca wrote:
knicks85 wrote:
basketboule wrote:KCP is still the guy I'd actually want from their roster.

I agree.

I’d look into trading Willy for Semi Ojeleye. Celtics have a glutton of Wings and need a big.

Wanted us to find a way to get him in the draft. Thought Semi would be a stronger, if y'all can imagine that, version of Crowder.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#879 » by Mecca » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
knicks85 wrote:He's a free agent and has not been good in a contract year...

I agree.

Wanted us to find a way to get him in the draft. Thought Semi would be a stronger, if y'all can imagine that, version of Crowder.

Same, I loved him in SMU :( I know Swiss loved him as well. Picked them to go to elite 8 because of him smh. Def think a deal like that has potential. Boston got a plethora of wings and Baynes on a 1 year deal.
Brooklyn Nets
BigShot Bojan
General Manager

Post#880 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:39 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
knicks85 wrote:He's a free agent and has not been good in a contract year...

I agree.

his offensive game is so horrid though...he is jared jeffries.. ill pass
Formerly Knicks85

Return to New York Knicks