ImageImageImageImageImage

OT any of you investing in Cryptocurrencies?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Re: OT any of you investing in Crypto? 

Post#281 » by IAmTheBest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:43 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:Any good alternatives to coinbase? For some reason it won't let me link my debit card and I really don't wanna wait a week to transfer money from my bank account.

I don't know of any U.S. based exchange as good as coinbase.

If you are open to using European exchanges there are many. Best check on google - i think there's a really popular UK one. GDAX was recommended earlier here if youre willing to give your SSN (that exchange is owned by coinbase though)
If you live in NYC make sure the exchange has a BitLicense.

But there should be no reason why you can't link you debit card. Did it prompt you to check for the 1.XX charges?

Did you upload your photo ID to be verified? If not, do that. And, I recommend doing it via the mobile App because the ID verification system for coinbase is fuqed up and rarely works.

Also, wire transfers take 1-3 days on coinbase
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Post#282 » by EnigmatiC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:47 pm

IAmTheBest wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:Any good alternatives to coinbase? For some reason it won't let me link my debit card and I really don't wanna wait a week to transfer money from my bank account.

If you are open to using European exchanges there are many. Best check on google - i think there's a really popular UK one. There's always Kucoin as well.

But there should be no reason why you can't link you debit card. Did it prompt you to check for the 1.XX charges?

Did you upload your photo ID to be verified? If not, do that. And, I recommend doing it via the mobile App because the ID verification system for coinbase is fuqed up and rarely works.

I got verified after like 3 tries but when I try to link my debit card it says "Something went wrong. Please try again later." Pain in the ass. And it says my transfer from my account won't be available until the 16th.
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man

Post#283 » by IAmTheBest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:51 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:

If you are open to using European exchanges there are many. Best check on google - i think there's a really popular UK one. There's always Kucoin as well.

I got verified after like 3 tries but when I try to link my debit card it says "Something went wrong. Please try again later." Pain in the ass. And it says my transfer from my account won't be available until the 16th.

damn that sucks. dont know why it said that.

that's the problem with these exchanges. they are jank af and youll be running into a lot of these annoyances. believe it or not coinbase is one of the better ones and it's still bad.

maybe try another card?

the 16th isnt too bad actually. it takes me at least 7 days to transfer from my bank account. i understand you not wanting to miss out though

edit: also maybe try adding it via the phone app. the phone app always seems to work much better for me
EnigmatiC
General Manager

Post#284 » by EnigmatiC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:55 pm

IAmTheBest wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:I don't know of any U.S. based exchange as good as coinbase.

that's the problem with these exchanges. they are jank af and youll be running into a lot of these annoyances. believe it or not coinbase is one of the better ones and it's still bad.

maybe try another card?

the 16th isnt too bad actually. it takes me at least 7 days to transfer from my bank account. i understand you not wanting to miss out though

Yea I tried another card same message. Oh well it is what it is I guess
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man

Post#285 » by IAmTheBest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:56 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:

maybe try another card?

one last thing you can try is to add it via phone app. the phone app always works much better for me with regards to coinbase
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,271

Post#286 » by RHODEY » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Wow Vibe just got added to Binance and Mooned!
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man

Post#287 » by IAmTheBest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:18 pm

RHODEY wrote:Wow Vibe just got added to Binance and Mooned!

400% overnight. nice to whoever got in on that
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,476

Post#288 » by j4remi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:04 pm

IAmTheBest wrote:

I'm hoping Xtrabytes goes the same route. I've only seen it on cryptopia, it's pretty inexpensive (50-70 cents) and it has some unique concepts (at least to my eyes but I'm pretty new in the game).
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#289 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:16 pm

j4remi wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:

I'm hoping Xtrabytes goes the same route. I've only seen it on cryptopia, it's pretty inexpensive (50-70 cents) and it has some unique concepts (at least to my eyes but I'm pretty new in the game).

Xtrabytes or XRB. XRB is the one going to Binance.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#290 » by reub » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Kodak is starting their own cryptocurrency too:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/09/kodak-launches-cryptocurrency/

I might do it too.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,476

Post#291 » by j4remi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
j4remi wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:400% overnight. nice to whoever got in on that

Xtrabytes. When I was checking on 'em they had already applied and expected to get approval this quarter. It's XBY not XRB.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
KnicksFTW
Bench Warmer
And1: 447

Post#292 » by KnicksFTW » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Gemini
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#293 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:58 pm

j4remi wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Xtrabytes. When I was checking on 'em they had already applied and expected to get approval this quarter. It's XBY not XRB.

Gotcha. XRB already has approval. :D
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#294 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:19 pm

Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#295 » by Sark » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:26 pm

EnigmatiC
General Manager

Post#296 » by EnigmatiC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:38 pm

IAmTheBest wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:

maybe try another card?

one last thing you can try is to add it via phone app. the phone app always works much better for me with regards to coinbase

I actually did that after you mentioned the app earlier and it seems to have worked. Thanks bro
EnigmatiC
General Manager

Post#297 » by EnigmatiC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Great read
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#298 » by BKAY » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:13 pm

Gemini
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,949

Post#299 » by ITGM » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Earl the Pearl
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#300 » by Earl the Pearl » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:40 pm

Da_Mane_Man wrote:
Earl the Pearl wrote:Started earlier last year and tripled my investments also.I pulled my original investment with a little profit and used the rest to buy more alt coins. From Thursday till Monday ,I've doubled my coin value because of the weekend alt coin upward movement. Atl coin investment requires patience(Hodl) and research/reading. Do not listen to anyone telling you what to buy without having some idea about what you're putting your money into. There are a lot of people advertising coins to get people to invest and a lot of it is worthless.Called pump and dump. My philosphy on coins is to read and understand the coins purpose and potential for the future.If it has neither,don't invest.

Do you have any trusted sources where you read/research? Or do you just go on the coin's individual site?

Here's alist of what I use:
Crytopanic pro version-news and info
onchainfx-details of crypto movement
icobench-background info on ico's
eveningstar.io- Someone on reddit refered to this site as morningstar for crypto. That's better than I can explain it.

Remember if it doesn't make sense to you and has no real purpose,it's probably a ****. In my opinion,most of these coins are going to fall by the wayside.What you should be focused on is the underlying tech(platform) and who wants it. The banks don't want the coins,they want the tech the coins are built on. Same for Business and Govt. Watch for the regulation coming that will thin out the market.If you daytrade,which is risky and not for me-Buy on the rumour, sell on the news.

Return to New York Knicks