ImageImageImageImageImage

College Basketball/Draft Thread (3)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Who's the final piece to the puzzle?

Mikal Bridges
35%
Troy Brown Jr
5%
Kevin Knox
20%
Hamidou Diallo
11%
Miles Bridges
11%
Collin Sexton
2%
Wendell Carter Jr.
3%
Jaren Jackson Jr.
5%
Robert Williams
3%
Isaac Bonga
6%

Total votes: 65

JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (3) 

Post#1681 » by JohnWillow » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:53 am

Can someone tell me about Keita Bates-Diop from OSU, few Kings fans are raving about him...
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,191

Post#1682 » by Capn'O » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:28 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
2010 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:1) I wish Jackson hadn't gotten hurt / wasn't hurt. Maryland could have been a problem come March Madness.

2) Huerter is a good off ball defender and on ball (even in the zone they go to). Very nice creator off ball, good first step getting by defenders when they crowd him, moves well off the ball, good rebounder and goes to crash the glass, and I think might be longer than what he's listed at.

3) Maryland needs to do a better job at getting Huerter the ball.

4) I want him on this team. Please let us get another first and give him a guarantee.

LOL, I literally just posted about all these dudes.

Man Jackson being hurt is a blessing. Between in injury effn' up his efficiency and missing the season he may fall to us at a 2nd round pick.

Huerter not listed on any mock baffles me.

I think Huerter not being on a mock is because a) it's still early-ish in the season b) people are stupid c) he's not a freak athlete so no highlights d) people are stupid e) people are stupid. Aside from shooting, he's not elite at any one thing but he's a good defender who needs to get more credit than he does here both on and off ball, he's a good off ball creator who can run an offense when the PG chucks, is an aggressive rebounder, smart player on both ends, and he's not super long BUT he does have a + wingspan (and just looking at him, I think it's longer than what was last measured).

Really am a big fan of his. We need to improve our shooting, defense, and rebounding and he provides all 3 within the team mentality from the wing. AND his playmaking will work so well with Frank.

I've been neglectful of the draft but this guy looks like KP's younger brother who got hit with an ugly stick.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,191

Post#1683 » by Capn'O » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:30 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:Pretty much everywhere else is toxic.

:wavefinger: you should take over a BAF team if one goes zombie.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1684 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 am

Capn'O wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Pretty much everywhere else is toxic.

:wavefinger: you should take over a BAF team if one goes zombie.

Hoffa is still there, right? :nonono:
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#1685 » by Flaming Mo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:33 pm

JohnWillow wrote:Can someone tell me about Keita Bates-Diop from OSU, few Kings fans are raving about him...

Very very good and versatile college Player but I think he is too much of a tweener to be effective on the next Level. Not a great athlete, average handle and a Little slow footed for a small Forward, not big and strong enough for a full time inside Job. Good shooter and creative but I just don't think he is mobile or quick enough to become anything more than a role Player... just my two Cents... again, a real star in college and a big time Producer for OSU this year.
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1686 » by Flaming Mo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:36 pm

2010 wrote:LOL, I literally just posted about all these dudes.

Man Jackson being hurt is a blessing. Between in injury effn' up his efficiency and missing the season he may fall to us at a 2nd round pick.

Huerter not listed on any mock baffles me.

I would figure Jackson will just return to Maryland and if Huerter won't explode in the second half of the season with Jackson being out then I don't see him declaring either. Could be wrong of course but with Jackson, his stock was fairly good last season and he returned as he didn't get much of a Response from the NBA iirc. Now after a dissapointing season plus or with the injury I don't think his stock is gonna be any better.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1687 » by Flaming Mo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:Move porzingis to center our paint defense improves and our rebounding suffers dont think you WONT need another big man. whether KP is power forward or center we still need a big one way or another to play next to him and kanter/willy/oquinn arent the answer starting wise. Jaren Jackson is a fine pick if we'd be in range your 4/5 is set long term.

I said it somewhere else I think that Jackson is pretty much a tremendous frontcourt fit next to KP. A defensive game changer, versatile on offense, won't Clog the lane or Need the ball to be effective, elite shot blocker and a great kid on top of that. Plus he would be interchangable as he will have the size to defend Centers aswell... it depends on the matchup...
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#1688 » by BeagleBoss » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:38 pm

At the midway point of the season, it's clear we're ending with a 10-14 pick. Which means Troy Brown, Lonnie Walker and Hamidou Diallo are the 3 most likely picks and who I will be concentrating extra from now on. Hard to say who I like the most between the 3. None of them wow me but most players in the range won't wow you.
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#1689 » by 2010 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:49 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:At the midway point of the season, it's clear we're ending with a 10-14 pick. Which means Troy Brown, Lonnie Walker and Hamidou Diallo are the 3 most likely picks and who I will be concentrating extra from now on. Hard to say who I like the most between the 3. None of them wow me but most players in the range won't wow you.

We are only 5 games out of a top 4 slot. It is not a foregone conclusion that we will end up 10-14. We are brutal on the road and we have a tough stretch with almost no home games coming. KP has been playing like crap and the offense is stagnant. I predict a free fall 2nd half of the season. Likely a top 7 pick.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,501

Post#1690 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:06 pm

can't front, troy has been ass his past 2 games. i thought he was ready to turn the corner after his 20 point game but he's been more passive then ever. smh

aggressive troy = top 12 pick IMO. hard to stop him
passsive troy = he might stay another year if he keeps playing like this
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1691 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Lonnie Walker should not be in consideration where we are picking. FOH.
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#1692 » by fatalogic » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:52 pm

2010 wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:At the midway point of the season, it's clear we're ending with a 10-14 pick. Which means Troy Brown, Lonnie Walker and Hamidou Diallo are the 3 most likely picks and who I will be concentrating extra from now on. Hard to say who I like the most between the 3. None of them wow me but most players in the range won't wow you.

We are only 5 games out of a top 4 slot. It is not a foregone conclusion that we will end up 10-14. We are brutal on the road and we have a tough stretch with almost no home games coming. KP has been playing like crap and the offense is stagnant. I predict a free fall 2nd half of the season. Likely a top 7 pick.

I think they need to go into sell mode to secure a top 7 pick. Hopefully Jeff's statement on the Knicks being in the same place as the Bulls is an indication that the team is looking towards selling as the all star break approaches.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1693 » by HEZI » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:54 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:can't front, troy has been ass his past 2 games. i thought he was ready to turn the corner after his 20 point game but he's been more passive then ever. smh

2 points

DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
RealGM

Post#1694 » by 2010 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:30 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:can't front, troy has been ass his past 2 games. i thought he was ready to turn the corner after his 20 point game but he's been more passive then ever. smh

RealGM

Post#1695 » by 2010 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:32 pm

HEZI wrote:

2 points

Spoiler:

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1696 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:39 pm

HEZI wrote:

2 points

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1697 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 pm

2010 wrote:

aye at least he making a impact on defense and rebounding . if Knox not scoring he invisible :lol:
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#1698 » by WajaBawl » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 pm

2010 wrote:

Spoiler:

This is my favorite gif on this site :lol:
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1699 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:42 pm

2010 wrote:
HEZI wrote:

2 points

Spoiler:

this will never get old :lol:
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1700 » by HEZI » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:59 pm

This quote is about a week old but it looks like Michael Porter will for sure declare for the draft this year and won't be returning back to school

"I know when I'm healthy people will see what I'm capable of, and it'll take care of itself," he said. "Even if I get drafted fifth, sixth, it's how I do in the NBA that determines my legacy. I'm still going to become the best player that I can become. That will take care of itself."
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards

Return to New York Knicks