ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,815

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#261 » by Juggynaut » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:51 am

U guys complain we suck but we overachieved with this roster. We were suppose to be bad and were projected to be a bottom 5 team but KP's hot start + other players stepping up won us a lot of early games. This team's ceiling has always been being mediocre.

The Knicks wanting to win with vets over focusing on building for the future is my only complaint. But I'm a tank guy so I'm wishing for any Ls.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,045

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#262 » by Sark » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:04 am

BenLaw wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
BenLaw wrote:

No. The only reason the Knicks are even close to a competitive team is because of KP.

No one's buying that BS line anymore. NOT TRUE. FAKE NEWS.

Beasley is why we are competitive

Hmmm. I think you're on somethin'.

Fixed.
OpiumDose
Sophomore
And1: 232

Post#263 » by OpiumDose » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:06 am

I am seriously considering cancelling my Knicks League Pass subscription for this season as it's pretty much a torture to watch this team play basketball. I think I would be better off with just looking at the box score after the game and then looking up highlights if necessary.

I have been defending KP because I believed that his struggles have more to do with lack of talent around him and completely clueless coach who doesn't have any idea how to effectively utilize KP than it is to do with him being tired or injured. And although I still believe those things to be truth, I have to say that I have been very disappointed with what I have seen from KP lately and I'm not talking just about the numbers, but about his attitude as well. Really not a good look to see him retweeting all those all-star voting tweets and posting his youtube highlights while putting up performances like he has been lately. And his shooting slump seems never-ending - 3/14 from 2pt in this game - that's just shockingly bad. He should really cool it with his shooting - this would be perfect time to stop shooting as much (at very least stop taking rushed, tightly contested midrange shots) and instead focus on getting better at passing - I would not mind to see him go out there next game and instead of shooting, look to get assists, get better at recognizing double teams, get better at spotting his teammates in good positions for a pass. But somehow I doubt that's going to happen. Can't expect much help from Hornacek either - a good coach would try to help KP - running plays for him, managing his minutes, giving him rest days if needed, holding him accountable for sub par performances and continuous dumb decision making, etc. I don't see (or expect) anything like that from Hornacek.

One other thing that really drives me insane is the fact that Lance Thomas is still a starter on this team. He is trash. Plain and simple. His production is pretty much non-existent. It's like playing 4 vs 5 when he is on the court. In the last 5 games he has gotten total of 6 points, 10 rebounds and 3 assists in 110 minutes of playtime. It's beyond horrific. What is Hornacek doing? Is he asleep at the wheel? Anybody would be a better starter than Thomas who should only see minutes in rare cases when Knicks don't need scoring, but instead need defense to hold on to the lead - those are the only situations where it would be acceptable to put him in the lineup.
renton
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#264 » by renton » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:14 am

where Hornacek is watching?KP becomes very one dimensional,have to add some different moves,shots.Where is half hook?KP is talented enough to play different.I blame(partly)management on this
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#265 » by Zingod » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:16 am

Lance Thomas

29min

0pts

0-1 fg
1reb
1ast
1stl
1blk
2to
3pf
Zingod
Rookie

Post#266 » by Zingod » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:24 am

Jarrett Jack is our best point guard since ......?
Biggie Smalls
Sophomore
And1: 140

Post#267 » by Biggie Smalls » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:33 am

Whats with all the smoking jokes? :lol:
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,451

Post#268 » by Strick » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:36 am

Zingod wrote:Lance Thomas

29min

0pts

0-1 fg
1reb
1ast
1stl
1blk
2to
3pf

It's almost impossible to be that invisible :banghead:
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#269 » by gavran » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:39 am

Strick wrote:

29min

0pts

0-1 fg
1reb
1ast
1stl
1blk
2to
3pf

Invisible? He only needed 1 point to have a 5x1 statline.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Post#270 » by Adelheid » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:40 am

Biggie Smalls wrote:Whats with all the smoking jokes? :lol:

Not sure if you read about it here before, but there is a poster who posted rumors about KP being a chain smoker.
Zingod
Rookie

Post#271 » by Zingod » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:40 am

Strick wrote:

29min

0pts

0-1 fg
1reb
1ast
1stl
1blk
2to
3pf

He's a crucial part of our tank i guess.. :lol:
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,558

Post#272 » by Fat Kat » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 am

Dantares wrote:Kp has got to show up to camp at least 247 pounds next season. If you are going to lose 7 pounds during every season then 240 pounds keeps you strong enough to post up those small ball 4's and absorb contact better on drives so you can finish through the contact. Seriously a 7'3 guy that weighs 235 pounds or less is not going to establish deep post position against anyone. I bet some posters here could easily take down kp in a wrestling match because of his lanky frame and lack of leverage.

He’ll be in Latvia with Janis doing some obscure bullchit workouts. KP has a weak core and legs. That’s not gonna get better during the season. What we’re seeing is a result of him skipping the exit meeting and doing his own thing this offseason. Folks here thought that was just peachy a few months ago. Let’s see how he approaches next summer.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Zingod
Rookie

Post#273 » by Zingod » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:43 am

Zingod wrote:Jarrett Jack is our best point guard since ......?

Jeremy Lin?
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,558

Post#274 » by Fat Kat » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 am

Adelheid wrote:
Biggie Smalls wrote:Whats with all the smoking jokes? :lol:

Not sure if you read about it here before, but there is a poster who posted rumors about KP being a chain smoker.

The Janis workout plan.

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#275 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:55 am

Phil really sucked giving out contracts in FA.

The man didnt know who to go after and when to choose to just roll over the cap space for next year. We all know the atrocity of Noah, but Lance Thomas is up there too. 7 million per for 4 years. And we still have 2 yrs left w/ him.

Overrated defender too. Watch other teams around the league and you'll notice what an actual good perimeter defender looks like.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Post#276 » by Adelheid » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:07 am

xNewYorkMadex wrote:Phil really sucked giving out contracts in FA.

The man didnt know who to go after and when to choose to just roll over the cap space for next year. We all know the atrocity of Noah, but Lance Thomas is up there too. 7 million per for 4 years. And we still have 2 yrs left w/ him.

Overrated defender too. Watch other teams around the league and you'll notice what an actual good perimeter defender looks like.

Lance really is overpaid too much for what he can give and just because he was a true veteran in terms of work ethic. Phil tried to build a team on a mantra of each player having specific roles only. It can work when you have a Michael Jordan level guy as the 1st option. Courtney Lee may not be overpaid as grossly but I see him as really just a backup sg/sf with how limited his game is. KOQ is a bargain. Robin overpaid too. Melo is overpaid but superstars are just like that -- they demand top dollar.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#277 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:11 am

Adelheid wrote:
xNewYorkMadex wrote:Phil really sucked giving out contracts in FA.

Lance really is overpaid too much for what he can give and just because he was a true veteran in terms of work ethic. Phil tried to build a team on a mantra of each player having specific roles only. It can work when you have a Michael Jordan level guy as the 1st option. Courtney Lee may not be overpaid as grossly but I see him as really just a backup sg/sf with how limited his game is.

Courtney Lee is at least tradeable, I can easily see the Knicks finding takers for him come the trade deadline.

Lance Thomas is the definition of a filler contract, just to make salaries match in a deal. But with him have 2 years left in his deal, Im sure at least some teams will balk at even accepting him as a throw in.

Im 100% sure the man has a strong work ethic, but the talent isnt there to warrant the price tag.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
Zingod
Rookie

Post#278 » by Zingod » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:19 am

It's a perfect time to start faking injuries.

I'm talking to you Kanter, Jack & Lee.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,955

Post#279 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:20 am

I miss the good old days of the cocky Knicks board....you guys are too apathetic.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Zingod
Rookie

Post#280 » by Zingod » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:22 am

Buy out Noah.

Trade Lee/LMFT +2nd rounder for expirings.

Profit.

Get rid of all old washed scrubs by 2019.

Return to New York Knicks