ImageImageImageImageImage

OT any of you investing in Cryptocurrencies?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Re: OT any of you investing in Crypto? 

Post#341 » by EnigmatiC » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Mecca wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:Any good alternatives to coinbase? For some reason it won't let me link my debit card and I really don't wanna wait a week to transfer money from my bank account.

It did the same thing to me. Now it won't send me my SMS confirmation smh

Use the mobile app and link your card using that, it worked for me
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#342 » by earthmansurfer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:49 pm

SmoothLefty21 wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Oh yeah have to mention... If any of y'all have Bitcoin Cash sell and don't buy again. Its the biggest **** scam...

I am split on Roger Ver. I think there is some dishonesty involved, and collusion with the Chinese miners. But, he has a point with Satoshi's vision of increasing the block size as an upgrade method for the network - even core will have to do it eventually (with Lighting Network). That said, If Roger only keeps making the blocks bigger, that is going to come with its own problems.

Basically, BCH can take over BTC (but I really doubt that happens) but you should hedge a bit. Maybe 1 BCH for every 3BTC or something like that (that ratio I mean.)

May the best tech win.

It's a war/pissing match that I don't really want to be a part of. I agree with most that it's as much about ego as it is about the tech.

That said, I have my .5 BCH that I'll hold and see what happens.

Not sure how close you have looked but it is actually pretty dark and manipulative. For example, Roger has 100's of thousands of bitcoins. Now think about this, by himself, he can raise the price of BCH. And Bitmain's CEO Jihan Wu has a whole lot of Bitcoin and miners. He can do the same. And, it looks like they are doing it. Wu can play with Bitcoins difficult level by pulling miners, buying BCH, etc. This can be catastrophic.

That said, Jihan doesn't want to destroy BTC imo. But they can profit from it.

It is terrible, but again, if Bitcoin is to survive (or any coin for that matter), it will have to survive any form of attack. And this is certainly an interesting form.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#343 » by Jose7 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:58 pm

Anyone here use toast?
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#344 » by IAmTheBest » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:Some ideas with what I mean about ground breaking:

You tell me what you think (If you want). I got in this ICO and it has started to move. Look into IXT (IXLedger) as it is in the insurance and re-insurance industry and "block chaining" it. I can't find much honestly, but this is an example of a niche where the first company in can really explode. The companies you mentioned appear very legit, IXT, I honestly don't know. Not anywhere the team of ICON or those companies you mentioned but, it does look like the field they are in can explode. Not a suggestion to by,
high risk here, but high rewards.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ixledger/
https://www.ixledger.com/
EMS

i think you found a real good one if they really are the first of kind (from what I can gather they are). like you said they are trailblazing in this sector, including partnering with fidentiax another player in the insurance industry. Collaborating with Gen Re. making ways on the roadmap from what i can gather. low market cap, decently low circulation. all that with the first mover advantage - I cant see this coin being any less than $20 by the end of the year and that's from a pessimistic outlook.

i think this is great to hold for 1-1.5 years. the insurance industry is huge and if they execute well and truly cut the middle man out they could explode into a premier coin.
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man

Post#345 » by IAmTheBest » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:22 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Oh yeah have to mention... If any of y'all have Bitcoin Cash sell and don't buy again. Its the biggest **** scam...

I am split on Roger Ver. I think there is some dishonesty involved, and collusion with the Chinese miners. But, he has a point with Satoshi's vision of increasing the block size as an upgrade method for the network - even core will have to do it eventually (with Lighting Network). That said, If Roger only keeps making the blocks bigger, that is going to come with its own problems.

Basically, BCH can take over BTC (but I really doubt that happens) but you should hedge a bit. Maybe 1 BCH for every 3BTC or something like that (that ratio I mean.)

May the best tech win.

I dont think bitcoin cash is a scam and I honestly think that there is a campaign by the big dogs in the crytpocurrency world, the small percentage of people who own the majority of cryptocurrency value, to assassinate his character.

Like you say, may the best technology win, and that is precisely why someone like Roger, who is highlighting the shortcomings of bitcoin, has a target painted on his back. The fact of the matter is that for what Bitcoin was intended to do, that is be a fast, cheap, decentralized way of making transactions, it is pretty bad at it now. Bitcoin transfers take forever and the costs are increasing. It's just very cumbersome. Bitcoin has become more of an investment to hold value than anything. Bitcoin's value is based on its name and legacy in the cryptocurrency world. Functionality wise, it has been outclassed and is borderline obsolete compared some of the newcomers.

There is merit in what the BTC detractors/critics talk about.

BTC is still top dog by far in terms of market cap share and will be at least Top3 for a while but there is merit in examining why this is the case and assess what it actually brings to the table.

That said, I dont have any bitcoin cash lol
EnigmatiC
General Manager

Post#346 » by EnigmatiC » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:44 pm

So easy for this **** to consume your life :lol: I bought in on some ICON yesterday hoping it will close out the month well.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant

Post#347 » by earthmansurfer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:43 pm

IAmTheBest wrote:

You tell me what you think (If you want). I got in this ICO and it has started to move. Look into IXT (IXLedger) as it is in the insurance and re-insurance industry and "block chaining" it. I can't find much honestly, but this is an example of a niche where the first company in can really explode. The companies you mentioned appear very legit, IXT, I honestly don't know. Not anywhere the team of ICON or those companies you mentioned but, it does look like the field they are in can explode. Not a suggestion to by,
EMS

i think you found a real good one if they really are the first of kind (from what I can gather they are). like you said they are trailblazing in this sector, including partnering with fidentiax another player in the insurance industry. Collaborating with Gen Re. making ways on the roadmap from what i can gather. low market cap, decently low circulation. all that with the first mover advantage - I cant see this coin being any less than $20 by the end of the year and that's from a pessimistic outlook.

i think this is great to hold for 1-1.5 years. the insurance industry is huge and if they execute well and truly cut the middle man out they could explode into a premier coin.

I am taking a chance with IXLedger as I can't find much about it, the team communicates very little and I just can't find much regarding it... BUT, do they have a bit of a monopoly here? I agree with your $20 target, and then some.

This whole space is getting ready to take off (barring huge unforeseen things) and if we can identify those sectors (e.g. like how IXT and WTC have most of the market (look into WTC, very very similar)), then it is easy pickings. I see the next 5 years or so as being a huge influx of money, people, tech, etc. This is going to be like the internet "bubble" but decentralized (for the most part).

Thanks for looking into the coin. And I pretty much agree on Roger. (And everything goes in crypto.)
EnigmatiC
General Manager

Post#348 » by EnigmatiC » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:19 pm

Jose7 wrote:XRP on the up and up again.. anyone research medilbloc?

medibloc is interesting to me but the medical field is an industry that still uses fax machines to communicate. I'm not sure how quick they will be to pick up on new technology.
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man

Post#349 » by IAmTheBest » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:04 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:

EMS

I am taking a chance with IXLedger as I can't find much about it, the team communicates very little and I just can't find much regarding it... BUT, do they have a bit of a monopoly here? I agree with your $20 target, and then some.

This whole space is getting ready to take off (barring huge unforeseen things) and if we can identify those sectors (e.g. like how IXT and WTC have most of the market (look into WTC, very very similar)), then it is easy pickings. I see the next 5 years or so as being a huge influx of money, people, tech, etc. This is going to be like the internet "bubble" but decentralized (for the most part).

Thanks for looking into the coin. And I pretty much agree on Roger. (And everything goes in crypto.)

Exactly. It's basically a matter of finding what's going to stick around.

They do have a monopoly from what I can gather. I did a bunch of google searches and whatnot to try and find other similar technologies trying to disrupt the insurance industry in the same way, came up with nothing but some projects that havent even hit ICO yet, some of them pretty sketchy lol.

I been seeing WTC thrown around on other forums lately. I will check it out.

EnigmatiC wrote:

medibloc is interesting to me but the medical field is an industry that still uses fax machines to communicate. I'm not sure how quick they will be to pick up on new technology.

While it's true that the medical field has been pretty resistant to change when it comes to medical records and how they are stored and shared, they are not against something that would make their lives a lot easier.

If you're really interested in investing in healthcare industry blockchain, also check out medicalchain and see if it's right for you.

Medicalchain's ICO begins in Feb, so if you truly believe in health record blockchain, that's a good opportunity to even further potential profits. Best part is that this ICO is open to americans.

Medibloc and medical chain are pretty similar, with medibloc centered in the asian region and medicalchain centered in the UK and i guess european region.

The only hesitation I have about medibloc is that the founder has a history of not sticking with the many projects he has started. Don't know if he's treating this as some kind of pump and bail to make a quick buck or is really serious about this.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#350 » by Mecca » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:30 pm

I have 50% in ETH & 50% in XRP as of now. Let’s see how this shakes out.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
EnigmatiC
General Manager

Post#351 » by EnigmatiC » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:45 pm

IAmTheBest wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:

They do have a monopoly from what I can gather. I did a bunch of google searches and whatnot to try and find other similar technologies trying to disrupt the insurance industry in the same way, came up with nothing but some projects that havent even hit ICO yet, some of them pretty sketchy lol.

EnigmatiC wrote:

While it's true that the medical field has been pretty resistant to change when it comes to medical records and how they are stored and shared, they are not against something that would make their lives a lot easier.

If you're really interested in investing in healthcare industry blockchain, also check out medicalchain and see if it's right for you.

Medicalchain's ICO begins in Feb, so if you truly believe in health record blockchain, that's a good opportunity to even further potential profits. Best part is that this ICO is open to americans.

Medibloc and medical chain are pretty similar, with medibloc centered in the asian region and medicalchain centered in the UK and i guess european region.

The only hesitation I have about medibloc is that the founder has a history of not sticking with the many projects he has started. Don't know if he's treating this as some kind of pump and bail to make a quick buck or is really serious about this.

oops I confused medibloc with medicalchain. How do you go about getting involved in an ICO?
EnigmatiC
General Manager

Post#352 » by EnigmatiC » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Mecca wrote:I have 50% in ETH & 50% in XRP as of now. Let’s see how this shakes out.

get it boy
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man

Post#353 » by IAmTheBest » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:54 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

EnigmatiC wrote:

oops I confused medibloc with medicalchain. How do you go about getting involved in an ICO?

I've never been involved with an ICO myself, but you go to the designated coin's website and the specific instructions are there. Every project has different ways ICO

make sure you read the instructions very carefully, especially if you live in america, to make sure you actually get your tokens and store them in the right place
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,926

Post#354 » by GettinitDone » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:07 pm

Proof that Rupple gonna be added to Coinbase?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/951977403521232897[/tweet]
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man

Post#355 » by IAmTheBest » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:57 pm

Vechain (VEN) just got linked to the the central government of China. It is now a partner with China National Tobacco Corporation, which is owned by the Chinese government lol.

If you were on the fence about VEN, this is huge. This is ICON tier stuff, perhaps bigger. It is one hell of a partnership that opens many doors. These asian platform coins are killing it with their juggernaut partnerships and backings.

VEN also has a dividends system - if you hold your VEN coins they passively generate Thor coins which is cool stuff.

I wish i hadnt passed on this just because it was Chinese. **** me first it was NEO and now this.

I think I'm going to get in on this as soon as I can get some fiat in. There is a crazy ass sell wall keeping the price at bay for now.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#356 » by Mecca » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:04 pm

GettinitDone wrote:Proof that Rupple gonna be added to Coinbase?

Isn’t this a good thing? Why is XRP going down?
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
EnigmatiC
General Manager

Post#357 » by EnigmatiC » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:03 pm

IAmTheBest wrote:Vechain (VEN) just got linked to the the central government of China. It is now a partner with China National Tobacco Corporation, which is owned by the Chinese government lol.

If you were on the fence about VEN, this is huge. This is ICON tier stuff, perhaps bigger. It is one hell of a partnership that opens many doors. These asian platform coins are killing it with their juggernaut partnerships and backings.

VEN also has a dividends system - if you hold your VEN coins they passively generate Thor coins which is cool stuff.

I wish i hadnt passed on this just because it was Chinese. **** me first it was NEO and now this.

I think I'm going to get in on this as soon as I can get some fiat in. There is a crazy ass sell wall keeping the price at bay for now.

both on a tear. NEOs been crushing when everything else has been dropping
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man

Post#358 » by IAmTheBest » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:31 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:Vechain (VEN) just got linked to the the central government of China. It is now a partner with China National Tobacco Corporation, which is owned by the Chinese government lol.

both on a tear. NEOs been crushing when everything else has been dropping

yea. **** is nuts. VEN probably gonna skyrocket soon. more partnership news is on the horizon, i think

Mecca wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:Proof that Rupple gonna be added to Coinbase?

Isn’t this a good thing? Why is XRP going down?

it's probably fake.

first of all the guy has no fiat money wallet there, which i dont think is possible

second of all coinbase just released an official statement like a week ago that they are not planning on addding any currency to their exchange in the near future

third of all, this "mistake" was "leaked" only to one guy? nobody else has reported it. if it were real then it would occur on more than one person's coinbase app.
13ringsruling
Senior
And1: 264

Post#359 » by 13ringsruling » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:01 am

Coinbase absolutely will be adding XRP in the near future, bank it. It's 3rd in total market cap, sitting at just over half of the market cap of Ethereum currently, which is 2nd. It has almost double the market cap of BCH and it has a higher market cap than LTC AND BCH combined. It will be added, I'm betting sometime in the next 3-6 weeks once they work out the bugs that the BCH release brought.

Ripple just partnered with Moneygram, one of the largest leading international money transfer services in the world, and they still have yet to announce two more partnerships that they have been working on with other money transfer companies and banks. Coinbase's owners would be FOOLS to not jump on with Ripple and how much money they will make off buying/trading fees from it.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant

Post#360 » by earthmansurfer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:16 am

13ringsruling wrote:Coinbase absolutely will be adding XRP in the near future, bank it. It's 3rd in total market cap, sitting at just over half of the market cap of Ethereum currently, which is 2nd. It has almost double the market cap of BCH and it has a higher market cap than LTC AND BCH combined. It will be added, I'm betting sometime in the next 3-6 weeks once they work out the bugs that the BCH release brought.

Ripple just partnered with Moneygram, one of the largest leading international money transfer services in the world, and they still have yet to announce two more partnerships that they have been working on with other money transfer companies and banks. Coinbase's owners would be FOOLS to not jump on with Ripple and how much money they will make off buying/trading fees from it.

Ripple might have been my best (non ICO) trade ever. I think I rode it from 5 cents to 45 cents during that first rise. I got out for good as I just didn't feel good about what it stands for. I'm not meaning that it will not go up of course, but Ripple is sort of like a Big bank Crypto. It is not what anyone would call decentralized.

So, when we talk about Ripple, to me and many people, it is starting to get out of that vein of what this space was to stand for. I say that having made that great trade, so I'm not judging, just saying to really look at what it is and what it will become. What happens (to Ripple) when the banks have problems again? Will it sell off, can it help them? I tend to think it will tank, but it also might make you lots and lots of money. But I'm gonna stay true to my guns now with Satoshi's vision (to a point.) Again, not against you or anyone making money, but look closer at Ripple.

Return to New York Knicks