ImageImageImageImage

AFC Conference: Patriots vs Jaguars - Sun, 3:05 PM, Jan. 21, 2018

Moderator: Parliament10

ViperGTS
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,398

Re: AFC Conference: Patriots vs Jaguars - Sun, 3:05 PM, Jan. 21, 2018 

Post#41 » by ViperGTS » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:06 am

celticfan42487 wrote:Man, the Jags remind me a lot of the winning Broncos team a few years back.

I had the upmost confidence that year going into the AFC game, won't be making that mistake again.

It's going to take everything we have and we really need our run defense to show up out of nowhere.

We'll need Alan Branch to have a throwback game, and David Harrison will have to for one game step up and fill in the hole left by Hightower.

This will be anything but easy.

A) the Pats weren’t very healthy that year. And the biggest factor...
B) this game will be home and not in Denver where they were a 2 pt conversion away from tying it even with all the adversity.

Also, the run defense has even very good the past month or so. So where your “show up out of nowhere” comes from I don’t know.
ViperGTS
Lead Assistant

Post#42 » by ViperGTS » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:11 am

Roddy wrote:As a fan of the Jags since 20 years, I have been a fan through good and bad times.
After many years of suffering we are 1 game away from a Superbowl appearance. Of course, I don't expect the Jags to beat the GOAT, but there is always a small chance. Brady and BB are not cocky like the Steelers, they will take this game very seriously.
I just don't want this to be a one and done. Keep making the playoffs every year, and building a winning culture in Jax.

I can tell you that Jags fans enjoy every single minute in the Playoffs, and it's already a huge win to be in the AFC Championship game. This team record last season was 3-13, that's a big improvement.

It’s hard to make the playoffs every year. Near zero chance Jax builds anything. They will be a one and done franchise as most are. Meaning even if they make the SB and even win it, it will be a one off thing. Sorry man, just reality in the NFL IF you are not the New England Patriots.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#43 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:22 pm

ViperGTS wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:Man, the Jags remind me a lot of the winning Broncos team a few years back.

I had the upmost confidence that year going into the AFC game, won't be making that mistake again.

It's going to take everything we have and we really need our run defense to show up out of nowhere.

We'll need Alan Branch to have a throwback game, and David Harrison will have to for one game step up and fill in the hole left by Hightower.

B) this game will be home and not in Denver where they were a 2 pt conversion away from tying it even with all the adversity.

Also, the run defense has even very good the past month or so. So where your “show up out of nowhere” comes from I don’t know.

A) No one cares, unless Richard Seymore is walking through that door tomorrow that won't impact us winning
B) Great, moral victories. Home field doesn't matter all that much for the Patriots imo. It's about the teams on the field and how they play that day.

The Patriots are tied for second worse in the NFL allowing 4.7 yards per carry to opposing RBs against a team who's entire offense is running.

This game is going to be very very tough. We have to either hold their running in check on defense or we need our OL to really stop their all-pro DL from generating constant inside pressure.

It's going to be a very tough game.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#44 » by Roddy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:15 pm

ViperGTS wrote:
Roddy wrote:As a fan of the Jags since 20 years, I have been a fan through good and bad times.
After many years of suffering we are 1 game away from a Superbowl appearance. Of course, I don't expect the Jags to beat the GOAT, but there is always a small chance. Brady and BB are not cocky like the Steelers, they will take this game very seriously.
I just don't want this to be a one and done. Keep making the playoffs every year, and building a winning culture in Jax.

I can tell you that Jags fans enjoy every single minute in the Playoffs, and it's already a huge win to be in the AFC Championship game. This team record last season was 3-13, that's a big improvement.

It’s hard to make the playoffs every year. Near zero chance Jax builds anything. They will be a one and done franchise as most are. Meaning even if they make the SB and even win it, it will be a one off thing. Sorry man, just reality in the NFL IF you are not the New England Patriots.

No need to be cocky you know. Steelers, Cowboys, Colts, 49ers, Packers....thoses teams have done great in the past, Pats are one of them.
ViperGTS
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by ViperGTS » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:32 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:
ViperGTS wrote:

A) No one cares, unless Richard Seymore is walking through that door tomorrow that won't impact us winning
B) Great, moral victories. Home field doesn't matter all that much for the Patriots imo. It's about the teams on the field and how they play that day.

The Patriots are tied for second worse in the NFL allowing 4.7 yards per carry to opposing RBs against a team who's entire offense is running.

This game is going to be very very tough. We have to either hold their running in check on defense or we need our OL to really stop their all-pro DL from generating constant inside pressure.

It’s possible but highly doubtful. They have been stout against the run for a long while now. Your chasing ghosts man. You statement sbot how home field doesn’t matter much to the Patriots? It matters very much and you don’t know what you are talking about.

Stop listening to ESPN and those talking heads. Do you know, since the hallway marker of the season in every measurable category the Pats have better stats than the Jags in a majority of cases and close in the few they don’t?

Yeah they won’t tell you that.
ViperGTS
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by ViperGTS » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:33 pm

Roddy wrote:
ViperGTS wrote:

No need to be cocky you know. Steelers, Cowboys, Colts, 49ers, Packers....thoses teams have done great in the past, Pats are one of them.

I’m not cocky, I’m realistic. Look around the NFL. No one wins consistently other than the Pats. It’s just the way it is.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#47 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:53 pm

ViperGTS wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
ViperGTS wrote:

It’s possible but highly doubtful. They have been stout against the run for a long while now. Your chasing ghosts man. You statement sbot how home field doesn’t matter much to the Patriots? It matters very much and you don’t know what you are talking about.

Stop listening to ESPN and those talking heads. Do you know, since the hallway marker of the season in every measurable category the Pats have better stats than the Jags in a majority of cases and close in the few they don’t?

Yeah they won’t tell you that.

I mean say what you want, I just listed you some facts. Patriots gave up second most YPC in the league and the Jagz offense is run first.

I'm not saying the Patriots will lose, for the past decade the NFL has mainly been a league of 3 or so QBs passing the trophy around and we're the only team left with one of those QBs.

But this feels a lot like those Ravens, Broncos type teams that can give us trouble.

I expect the Pats to have a throwback 2003 style offense with a ton of screens and more power running than usual. If the Pats had any healthy version of Edleman, Bennet, or Hightower I wouldn't have concerns. But since we don't... White/Lewis/Burk/Amen/Hogan are really going to have to step up. Or maybe our OL but that's really tough to ask them to do much against a front 4 with two all-pros.
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,957

Post#48 » by Jakeopp » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:15 pm

ViperGTS wrote:
Roddy wrote:
ViperGTS wrote:

I’m not cocky, I’m realistic. Look around the NFL. No one wins consistently other than the Pats. It’s just the way it is.

Win the Superbowl or win games? Many teams consistently make the playoffs year after year.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,277

Post#49 » by Parliament10 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:25 pm

I hope that Patriots do better than the Celtics did today.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#50 » by Parliament10 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:54 pm

WOW!!!

Jaguars, 14 -- Patriots, 3.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Turgon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,607

Post#51 » by Turgon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:06 pm

Not looking good.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#52 » by Parliament10 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:19 pm

Gronk. Concussion Protocol.
Probably Done for Today.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Turgon
Assistant Coach

Post#53 » by Turgon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:23 pm

Okay. Jaguars showing some nervousness there. We got a touchdown. Let's hope Gronk can come back.
Turgon
Assistant Coach

Post#54 » by Turgon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:28 pm

By the way, I wonder what all those idiots who claim the Patriots are a bunch of cheaters have to say about that blatant dirty play that knocked Gronk out.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,240

Post#55 » by reload141 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:29 pm

Turgon wrote:By the way, I wonder what all those idiots who claim the Patriots are a bunch of cheaters have to say about that blatant dirty play that knocked Gronk out.

Have they said if he's coming back or not?
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#56 » by rickrolled » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Need to stop this 1st drive in the 2nd half.
Turgon
Assistant Coach

Post#57 » by Turgon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:34 pm

reload141 wrote:
Turgon wrote:By the way, I wonder what all those idiots who claim the Patriots are a bunch of cheaters have to say about that blatant dirty play that knocked Gronk out.

Have they said if he's coming back or not?

Not yet. At least I don't think so.
Turgon
Assistant Coach

Post#58 » by Turgon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:55 pm

Cooks! Would you please grab one freaking pass?
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,014

Post#59 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:04 pm

Got to tie this game up and make them feel some pressure. Defense has started to play better..need some points on the board though.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Bostondave
Analyst
And1: 2,058

Post#60 » by Bostondave » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:06 pm

Oh man these Patriots have shaved at least 5 years off of my life I swear.

Return to New England Patriots