Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Re: 2018 Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread 

Post#41 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:30 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
I don't think Dez is tradeable at this point of his career... WIlliams may be with his contract but I'd prefer to see how he meshes with the new WR coach. My hope is that they return to an offense which gives Dak the opportunity to read and throw to the open guy without feeling he has to "force" it to any one receiver (re: Dez) in particular. That's why (IMO - worth a cup of coffee) Beasley was so successful in 2016... and why I think that if Switzer is what the team thinks he is then the combination of him and Beasley could give defenses problems.

But... we are still in need of defensive linemen and could use a linebacker (especially if Hitchens leaves). If we have a chance to grab a DT that can actually play (Vea?) then I have no problem doing that in Round 1.

I would absolutely love it if they drafted Vita Vea. I don’t think they will but it would really be the best thing for their defense. The two LB prospects that are projected 1st rounders will likely be gone by the time Dallas picks. I really think the best players on the board when the Cowboys pick will be DL and OL. Connor Williams from Texas is a real possibility.

If the new WR coach can teach Terrence how to catch with his hands, then i'm all for another year. I feel like Switzer needs to get more route opportunities or just get on him on the field because I think he can be a dynamic playmaker as well. If Dez isn't tradable, which I think he is, not for what the Cowboys would want to receive, then they have to find another number one receiver to groom. Regarding the draft, ive seen some mocks that had Roquan Smith fall to the boys, if that happens he's a must take. The same for Ridley, if he's there, I believe we have to take him too. If both are there, win/win situation.

If Calvin Ridley drops to 19... I'm falling all over myself. I LOVE that dude.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:43 am

I say get rid of both Dez and Williams. We get what we can get for them, whatever. Just go. Sign Allen Robinson this off season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#43 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:45 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Great. Seattle rejects from a Seattle fan rooting for the Egals. What a troll.

Love ya too! :lol:

Nope. Were done. Rooting for the Egals is crossing a line. They haven't suffered enough.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#44 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:46 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Great. Seattle rejects from a Seattle fan rooting for the Egals. What a troll.

Love ya too! :lol:

Nope. Were done. Rooting for the Egals is crossing a line. They haven't suffered enough.

:lol: :kiss
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#45 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:03 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Love ya too! :lol:

I'm completely sober. You can't take advantage of me that way.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#46 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:23 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Nope. Were done. Rooting for the Egals is crossing a line. They haven't suffered enough.

Jwise made you soft! :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:57 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote: :lol: :kiss

A hockey game with close to 100 penalty minutes is on (Stars 4 - Panthers 1) and I come here to find you two in a caress.

Get a room...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:18 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm completely sober. You can't take advantage of me that way.

A hockey game with close to 100 penalty minutes is on (Stars 4 - Panthers 1) and I come here to find you two in a caress.

Get a room...

No chance in Hell. He's rooting for the Egals. Its over. I want a divorce. :curse:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#49 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:19 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote: :lol: :kiss

Of course. He didn't get a bikini wax and had hairy shoulders and back, :wink: :lol:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm completely sober. You can't take advantage of me that way.

Of course. He didn't get a bikini wax and had hairy shoulders and back, :wink: :lol:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Don't judge me Bro.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#51 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:26 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Jwise made you soft! :wink:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Great, now I have to fend off two of you, :wink: :lol:

Don't judge me Bro.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#52 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:29 pm

Back to football. I see Stephen Jones is serious about the Dez situation. I agree with you that we are not able to get value of him in a trade. Should of done it 3 years ago like I said. Can't help wondering how much Stephen will offer and how much Dez will accept. Stay tuned !!
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Back to football. I see Stephen Jones is serious about the Dez situation. I agree with you that we are not able to get value of him in a trade. Should of done it 3 years ago like I said. Can't help wondering how much Stephen will offer and how much Dez will accept. Stay tuned !!

And of course, Jerry comes out yesterday and says "We love Dez..." and gushes on him. Therein lies the problem. And it'll be interesting to see who wins. The last time we had an issue around a disruptive receiver, the son was able to convince the father to let T.O. go. So we shall see...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#54 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Back to football. I see Stephen Jones is serious about the Dez situation. I agree with you that we are not able to get value of him in a trade. Should of done it 3 years ago like I said. Can't help wondering how much Stephen will offer and how much Dez will accept. Stay tuned !!

And of course, Jerry comes out yesterday and says "We love Dez..." and gushes on him. Therein lies the problem. And it'll be interesting to see who wins. The last time we had an issue around a disruptive receiver, the son was able to convince the father to let T.O. go. So we shall see...

Your f...... kidding. I have the day off today so I am just catching up and did not hear what Jerry said yesterday. Your right. That's always been the problem, Jerry. Here we go once again. Just when Stephen gets us a couple steps ahead, (like with drafting our O-line a couple years back when Jerry let Stephen do it his way), Jerry has to come in and set us back 3 to 5 years. Wasn't it just 2 years ago when Jerry wanted Johnny Manzell and Stephen took Frederick?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:12 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Your f...... kidding. I have the day off today so I am just catching up and did not hear what Jerry said yesterday. Your right. That's always been the problem, Jerry. Here we go once again. Just when Stephen gets us a couple steps ahead, (like with drafting our O-line a couple years back when Jerry let Stephen do it his way), Jerry has to come in and set us back 3 to 5 years. Wasn't it just 2 years ago when Jerry wanted Johnny Manzell and Stephen took Frederick?

Zach Martin...
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:52 pm

So - the leering press all gathered in Mobile, ALA to obtain the wisdom of Jerrah. One reporter asked him about the success of the Eagles backup over the weekend (remember - Jerry was the one who uttered the infamous "Foles is not an option" at the beginning of the 2016 training camp when the great Kellen Moore went down and the Cowboys appeared to be in need of a backup). In response to the reporters question, he started rhapsodizing about the Eagles QB Kevin Kolb.

Kevin f****** Kolb.

Being a Cowboys fan can be a trying experience, my friends.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#57 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:56 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:So - the leering press all gathered in Mobile, ALA to obtain the wisdom of Jerrah. One reporter asked him about the success of the Eagles backup over the weekend (remember - Jerry was the one who uttered the infamous "Foles is not an option" at the beginning of the 2016 training camp when the great Kellen Moore went down and the Cowboys appeared to be in need of a backup). In response to the reporters question, he started rhapsodizing about the Eagles QB Kevin Kolb.

Kevin f****** Kolb.

Being a Cowboys fan can be a trying experience, my friends.

This was Stephens response today when asked about his comments yesterday. For the last several years Stephen has been the one in control of the money. He’s the one that works the cap and sign the contracts and makes the cuts. He sounds like a man that loves Dez but is fed up with him. At the end of the day it’s a business and the Cowboys are not getting a return on their investment.

"Stephen Jones doubles-down on his comments about Dez Bryant being a distraction on the sideline" via @SportsDayDFW http://p.d-news.co/o3ja
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#58 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:19 pm

I actually really think there is a chance that Dez agrees to a pay cut. Don’t know if y’all heard Greg Jennings advice to Dez but he thinks he should take the paycut based on what happened to him in Minnesota. He turned down the paycut and ended up getting signed for less than if he had taken the paycut.

If they could lower Dez’s money to about $6 mil instead of the $12 mil he’s supposed to make that would be good. The team would also still need to look for a new #1 WR. I don’t think they would sign this guy as a FA because he’s going to be 30 next season but Emmanuel Sanders is going to be a FA. He’d fit perfectly here. Then also add through the draft.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:37 pm

Sounds like this young man knows a job is there for the taking. Time to go get it.

Read on Twitter
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#60 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:45 pm

Hope they can make this happen...

Read on Twitter

Return to Dallas Cowboys