711takeover
Veteran
And1: 2,135

Re: RJ BARRETT GOING TO DUKE 

Post#21 » by 711takeover » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:26 am

dukes_wild wrote:
Read on Twitter

HAHAHA 2019 CHAMPIONSHIP WE COMING FOR YOU

Except Duke last year got #1 class and lost in second round lmao. Have that talent and won't a ring I guarantee you that
Concernedcad
Starter
And1: 5,894

Post#22 » by Concernedcad » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:36 am

Flash Falcon X wrote:Amazing HS player. Reminds me a lot of Harrison Barnes when he was in HS. Definitely has a great future ahead of him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

RJ is a great passer and a cerebral player. Something Harrison Barnes has never ever been.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,259

Post#23 » by PhilBlackson » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:50 am

I just hope people can temper their expectations and please don't let media sell you on the hype machine as they did with Wiggins and I say as someone who actually believes Wiggins is doing a GREAT job in his development (offensively lol). But it seemed like the public allowed the media to shape their opinions about players.

Ie/ Comparing Wiggins to LeBron, when anybody with 2 eyes in their head could see they were nothing alike as prospects. Most reasonable people seen a player far more similar to DeRozan, George or perhaps Leonard (OFFENSIVELY) and he projects to be far more like them offensively....the TWolves will need to pray he can follow George more than DeRozan defensively in his career path

But back to the man of the hour, RB Jr, I think he actually projects to be a better overall player than Wiggins because he was a lot more skilled and versatile imo than Wiggins ever was. Wiggins is the better athlete but RB Jr projects to be the better overall player but just don't let the media believe you're looking at the next face of the league, "LeBron", "generational player"....just don't listen to talking heads, he's NOT that! I believe he can be an excellent player at the height of potential maybe something (impactwise, not talking about game) like the Harden's and Westbrooks of the game...maybe. They're right there near the top the league, but "generational players" like LeBron and Durant, are simply a notch above the rest, he won't be that even at the highest of his potential.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
In2ition
Senior
And1: 259

Post#24 » by In2ition » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:46 am

Barrett DOMINATED the U19 World Cup and put up 38 and 13 versus a very good and athletic USA team 2 yrs older on average. He is for real. Barnes comparisons are an insult.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,935

Post#25 » by Effigy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:47 am

clyde21 wrote:
Effigy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Insane considering they already have Marvin Bagley, Wendell Carter, Gary Trent, Trevon Duval and Grayson Allen. Duke's getting everyone.

There's another Gary Trent? Is he related to the one who played for Portland and Toronto?

Yes, that's his son. Gary Trent Jr.

Well I feel old now. Thanks, Clyde ;)
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#26 » by jonjames » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:56 am

In2ition wrote:Barrett DOMINATED the U19 World Cup and put up 38 and 13 versus a very good and athletic USA team 2 yrs older on average. He is for real. Barnes comparisons are an insult.

For some reason Barnes always gets unjustified hate around here but he is a pretty good player in tge league. Barrett may or may not even get to that level. Nothing is guaranteed at next level regardless of your hs resume. E.g. felipe lopez oj mayo jerryd bayless michael beasley shabazz muhammad etc.
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,335

Post#27 » by DK-All Day » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Duke gets Zion and is it’s a wrap.
Handsome.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#28 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:22 pm

I can't wait to see RJ such a fun player to watch in U19. Wiggins had most hype coming out of canada because of his athleticism and dunks

But RJ way better overall player. His dad is Canada national team assistant GM dude only knows basketball

I hope Zion goes to duke. That team would be unstoppable
Raptors til death
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#29 » by SharoneWright » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:47 pm

Bol Bol to Ducks
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#30 » by 13th Man » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:28 am

DK-All Day wrote:Duke gets Zion and is it’s a wrap.

Done deal! Lol. Zion just pulled a KD :)

Return to NCAA Basketball