Did Brook Lopez cry on the bench?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

ZemGOAT
Veteran
And1: 5,729

Re: Did Brook Lopez cry on the bench? 

Post#41 » by ZemGOAT » Thu Feb 1, 2018 12:58 pm

KyrieEarthing wrote:So I had this huge crush on this girl in 8th grade. All summer long im like doing sit ups thinking when I come back to high school im gonna pull this chick. Remember this is before the internet so we all thought eating weight gainer from GNC and doing sit ups was the key to a woman's heart.

So I'm sitting there chatting with her on aol instant messenger like every night. Her dad is a surgeon so she's rich so she's out shopping a lot. While I'm getting hit up to go raccoon hunting or play street fighter 2 all night.

Anyway I get back to school 9th grade. I'm sitting in front of her. Acting up in class. Growing my hair out. Whatever it takes. But all she cares about are the senior guys. Meanwhile her best friend has sprouted 34c's. So I end up dating her instead. All the while in love with the original girl but hey my gf is giving it up and her dad is rich. Like rich rich. Sold a software business in the 90s.

The original girl finally professes her love to me when I'm 20 or so. I been waiting forever for this but I turn her down im in a 5 year relationship.

Fast forward im 21. Rich girl dumps me bc I'm an alcoholic scumbag who barely know she exist. So I move to NYC to be with my true love. It last less than 2 weeks. She has cats and a 375 sq ft apartment. And she's like dry humping me every night telling me it cant work. I'm real confused. I even have money now why doesn't she love me?

Anyway fast forward like ten years later she wins a contest in Brooklyn and BROOK FREAKING LOPEZ shows up at her place to clean her apartment and film A short marketing video thats now on YouTube.

She looks nothing like she did in high school but deep down I still love her.

Whenever I see Brook spotting up for 3 in the corner I think of what could have been with her. And I dont often tear up physically. But emotionally I do. I can't even bring myself to watch the video of Brook cleaning her apartment. He dusts the high shelves for her because she's only 5'1.

I love you Melissa

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]

And1ing this doesnt give enough justice to how great this is
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#42 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Feb 1, 2018 1:06 pm

Melissa was way less plain in my head. :/
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,702

Post#43 » by -Sammy- » Thu Feb 1, 2018 1:41 pm

KyrieEarthing wrote:Remember this is before the internet...

...So I'm sitting there chatting with her on aol instant messenger like every night.

What was AOL like before the internet?
KyrieEarthing
Junior
And1: 577

Re: RE: Re: Did Brook Lopez cry on the bench? 

Post#44 » by KyrieEarthing » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:02 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Melissa was way less plain in my head. :/
Bare in mind this was 20 years ago and that women age like milk. She was a solid 8 back then.

I didn't peak with pulling women until college.

LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,670

Post#45 » by LordCovington33 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:04 pm

KyrieEarthing wrote:So I had this huge crush on this girl in 8th grade. All summer long im like doing sit ups thinking when I come back to high school im gonna pull this chick. Remember this is before the internet so we all thought eating weight gainer from GNC and doing sit ups was the key to a woman's heart.

So I'm sitting there chatting with her on aol instant messenger like every night. Her dad is a surgeon so she's rich so she's out shopping a lot. While I'm getting hit up to go raccoon hunting or play street fighter 2 all night.

Anyway I get back to school 9th grade. I'm sitting in front of her. Acting up in class. Growing my hair out. Whatever it takes. But all she cares about are the senior guys. Meanwhile her best friend has sprouted 34c's. So I end up dating her instead. All the while in love with the original girl but hey my gf is giving it up and her dad is rich. Like rich rich. Sold a software business in the 90s.

The original girl finally professes her love to me when I'm 20 or so. I been waiting forever for this but I turn her down im in a 5 year relationship.

Fast forward im 21. Rich girl dumps me bc I'm an alcoholic scumbag who barely know she exist. So I move to NYC to be with my true love. It last less than 2 weeks. She has cats and a 375 sq ft apartment. And she's like dry humping me every night telling me it cant work. I'm real confused. I even have money now why doesn't she love me?

Anyway fast forward like ten years later she wins a contest in Brooklyn and BROOK FREAKING LOPEZ shows up at her place to clean her apartment and film A short marketing video thats now on YouTube.

Whenever I see Brook spotting up for 3 in the corner I think of what could have been with her. And I dont often tear up physically. But emotionally I do. I can't even bring myself to watch the video of Brook cleaning her apartment. He dusts the high shelves for her because she's only 5'1.

I love you Melissa

Not sure it was a good idea to get too personal since you mentioned who she was. Might have been better to show some discretion.
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,586

Post#46 » by Meeksology » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:15 pm

LordCovington33 wrote:

I love you Melissa

Not sure it was a good idea to get too personal since you mentioned who she was. Might have been better to show some discretion.
Love makes you do stupid things sometimes

inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#47 » by inquisitive » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:23 pm

Who cares about Brook, it's all about Melissa now
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#48 » by breatnach » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:26 pm

Sofia wrote:
We got a new all time great. :bowdown:

assphalt and elementals
Outdoor holds millions
Bring your pets
Pisscum Maytricks
GreenApple wordsmith
Kidd getting fired ballboy
I love you Melissa

The first three are notorious (and belong to the same post), but I don't recognize the others? Got some links?
Scuall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,761

Post#49 » by Scuall » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:31 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:
KyrieEarthing wrote:Remember this is before the internet...

...So I'm sitting there chatting with her on aol instant messenger like every night.

What was AOL like before the internet?

OK first of all, awesome story. I thought I was on Reddit for awhile.

And yes, there was an AOL before they allowed access to Internet. I was an AOL member from about 1993-96. For it's early years it was a glorified and expensive bbs-type platform. Chat, trivia rooms, and media sharing was what brought on the initial members and actual external access didn't exist until later.
CoolBreeze2222
Freshman
And1: 64

Post#50 » by CoolBreeze2222 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:41 pm

So true that we all have a Melissa somewhere. That said, none of us feel that bad for you, you had some 34C's in high school and were getting laid on the reg. 99% of the forum can't relate to that.
rale93lfc
Junior
And1: 528

Post#51 » by rale93lfc » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:50 pm

Whenever I see Brook spotting up for 3 in the corner I think of what could have been with her.

Greatest quote of all time for sure. :D

Great story.
lilswift01
Rookie
And1: 927

Post#52 » by lilswift01 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:50 pm

what happened to brook tho? he used to be a pretty good player, soft touch around the rim and good post moves. Now he can't make anything and his defense/rebounding is horrible.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#53 » by LakersLegacy » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:52 pm

lilswift01 wrote:what happened to brook tho? he used to be a pretty good player, soft touch around the rim and good post moves. Now he can't make anything and his defense/rebounding is horrible.

It’s not a contract year

Oh wait.
ReaLiez
General Board Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,246

Post#54 » by ReaLiez » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:55 pm

Now, every time I see Brook Lopez I will think about how Melissa broke this great mans heart.

Curse you Melissa, look at what you've done.

And if any Melissa's are reading right now - this wouldn't have happened if you only would have been more loose.
Justice
Scuall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,761

Post#55 » by Scuall » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:55 pm

I think we have found what is wrong with Lopez. He too must have fallen in love with Melissa, and it's affecting his game.
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#56 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Thu Feb 1, 2018 3:06 pm

Lopez cleaning apartments has taught me that he's literally a scrub.
KyrieEarthing
Junior
And1: 577

Post#57 » by KyrieEarthing » Thu Feb 1, 2018 3:13 pm

Papi_swav wrote:

I love you Melissa

Bro, I just seen how she looks and all I can say is really ?!! You was in love with Velma from Scooby Doo ? I definitely don't want to see what the friend looks like, sorry to say
For you young guns out there. You'll understand this when you're older but the correlation between what a chick looks like at age 14 and then in her mid 30s isn't nearly as strong as you think.

This is why I dont recommend marrying young. (Or at all really)

smartyz456
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,692

Post#58 » by smartyz456 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 3:18 pm

I love you Melissa

best thing about realgm is posters would not overuse iconic posts like this

look at random refences of carl and assfault in other threads. they still feel fresh

u just know reddit would drive something like this to the ground
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#59 » by skones » Thu Feb 1, 2018 3:21 pm

HollowEarth
Starter
And1: 2,071

Post#60 » by HollowEarth » Thu Feb 1, 2018 3:25 pm

BackseatBoss wrote:Guys, you do understand that looks aren’t everything? She might look average to most of you, but the personality of a girl can make you lose your mind much more than just the looks.
Absolutely.

I am taking this lady out for maybe our second date. On the way a dog runs into the street from out of nowhere. I swerve out of the way, but the van behind us runs him over. As I'm thinking, "Oh ****" the lights come on inside the car and this lady has flung open the door--we're still moving--and is unbuckling her seatbelt. I slam on the brakes, but before I can turn around or even stop she's already out of the car, running back for this dog. So our second date we ended up covered in blood, taking care of this dog, going door to door to find out who he belongs to. Heart stolen.

Return to The General Board