FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#2 » by FAH1223 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:06 am

The bear market is over

Fed is gonna raise rates

Dow is gonna drop more and more

The deficit is gonna be going up $150B or so due to the tax cuts.

The military industry complex gets more money

Reaganism on crack!
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#3 » by TGW » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:41 am

FAH1223 wrote:The bear market is over

Fed is gonna raise rates

Reaganism on crack!

The Bush recession is coming. I’m looking to take advantage of the derivatives market so I can cake up when the markets crash.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#4 » by Wizardspride » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:47 am

Fwiw...

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,969

Post#5 » by dckingsfan » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:02 am

Add to that, productivity just dropped in the low 1% range, that is going to make wage and GDP growth tough.

But the European economy seems to be pretty strong - that may mitigate a worldwide recession.

I also worry that the real estate is overbought in many markets.
stilldropin20
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#6 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 3:16 am

this coming from a never trumper

Read on Twitter

Sent from my SM-N920T using RealGM mobile app
like i said, its a full rebuild.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#7 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 3:31 am

TGW wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:The bear market is over

Fed is gonna raise rates

Reaganism on crack!

The Bush recession is coming. I’m looking to take advantage of the derivatives market so I can cake up when the markets crash.

yeah, im with you guys. DOW has to drop. real estate has already slowed down in chicago everywhere except the sizzling hot West Loop.

I pulled everything from everywhere over the past few weeks save rental buildings. Hope I dont get burned. But i held on too long in 2000-2001. Dont want that to happen either. And I was fluid enough in 2007-2008 to not get completely murdered. But I'm at a complete loss as to where to go. Was considering Gold.

I'm hedging becuse I assume if trump is removed market tanks. No way around that, imo. back to 19-20K levels.

And if trump stays in with winter olympics in Korea, anything can happen. including really bad stuff. In which case I want to be in Gold.

Wish I was better at this TBH. All my investment banker friends have always said the same thing. Put everything in S&P 500 and dont look at it for 25 years. Which is boring. I'd rather lose money. well not really. But i just dont have the patience for really slow yet steady growth.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,673

Post#8 » by Pointgod » Sat Feb 3, 2018 4:52 am

A breakdown of how the Nunes memo is complete garbage.

https://splinternews.com/a-guide-to-why-the-memo-is-dumb-1822673725
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#9 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 5:39 am

Pointgod wrote:A breakdown of how the Nunes memo is complete garbage.

hey bud, remember 7 months ago when i said illegally obtained FISA warrants and a weaponized Obama DOJ/FBI was the story? All based on a Dossier bought and paid for by the DNC and HRC via Fusion GPS? Remember that? lol yeah me too. And you told me Trump-russia collusion was the real story. :lol: Yeah good times.

Ok th enext major story will be the exposure of the same DOJ/FBI/INtelligence community to the uranium One. But that will take some time. Thats the next way down the road story.

Around the corner? That next story is Rod Rosenstein. He's Gone!! Charges may even be brought against him. Greg Jarrod reporting tonight that Rosenstein threatened the entire GOP intelligence community with Subpeoning all of their texts and emails a few weeks ago when they they first wrote this memo. (intimidation and obstruction of oversight aka justice anyone??) :lol: I knew he always looked like a dip shxt. Bruce Ohr is gone too. Likely charges. We already know Mccabe likely screwed himself over out of his retirement.

but anyway those are your 2 next major stories.

I would add that on the day Comey was fired. the next day mueller interviewed for the job. Trump rejected Mueller. The very next day (as then acting FBI director) Rosenstein assigned Mueller as special counsel. hmmmmm? Conflict of interest anyone?

So you reject a guy who interviews for a job and the next day he is assigned and special prosecutor???? thats how justice works in this great country?

Keep in mind that Flynn lied about completely legal discussions with Russians in Dec 2016 to Mccabe only because Russia fever and the DOJ/FBI was leaking anything and everything to the press and CNN was running with it 24/7 on hyper drive all in an attempt to ruin Trumps political capital. Keep in mind Trump entered office with near 50% approval ratings.

and through all of this. No collusion.

These are just part of the reasons why Trump calls this a witch hunt. A disgrace. A ruse. and he cant even talk about this to the american people because every word he says CNN and Mueller will run with as obstruction of justice.

I said it 9 months ago. I will say it again. The existing Obama DOJ/FBI was booby trapped to make president trump sit on his hands and do nothing. barrack Obama may be proud of himself in an "the ends justifies the means." But he should be effing ashamed from here to eternity. He really should be.

and still, people like me. That knew better. Have to sit here and listen to people like PointGod and GTN and even Ruzious tell me that none of this matters. Seriously guys. WTF is wrong with you!!??? How does this not matter. You cant be so dense as to think the ends actually justifies the means.

Trump set out to do many things. One of them was to #draintheswamp.

#Makeusgreatagain #resisttheresistance #captainmycaptain #jttbaby #jtt
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#10 » by Pointgod » Sat Feb 3, 2018 5:54 am

Remember these bombshell allegations that Nate and SD20 have been parroting the past couple of weeks. Now that the memo' s out it's amounted to the equivalent of a wet fart. This was supposed to be Watergate level corruption :dontknow:

When no charges come from this memo will Nate and SD20 finally admit that they're guillable partisan hacks?

Just look at the **** posting that these guys have been spamming the board with.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#11 » by Pointgod » Sat Feb 3, 2018 5:58 am

stilldropin20 wrote:

hey bud, remember 7 months ago when i said illegally obtained FISA warrants and a weaponized Obama DOJ/FBI was the story? All based on a Dossier bought and paid for by the DNC and HRC via Fusion GPS? Remember that? lol yeah me too. And you told me Trump-russia collusion was the real story. :lol: Yeah good times.

Ok th enext major story will be the exposure of the same DOJ/FBI/INtelligence community to the uranium One. But that will take some time. Thats the next way down the road story.

Around the corner? That next story is Rod Rosenstein. He's Gone!! Charges may even be brought against him. Greg Jarrod reporting tonight that Rosenstein threatened the entire GOP intelligence community with Subpeoning all of their texts and emails a few weeks ago when they they first wrote this memo. (intimidation and obstruction of oversight aka justice anyone??) :lol: I knew he always looked like a dip shxt. Bruce Ohr is gone too. Likely charges. We already know Mccabe likely screwed himself over out of his retirement.

I would add that on the day Comey was fired. the next day mueller interviewed for the job. Trump rejected Mueller. The very next day (as then acting FBI director) Rosenstein assigned Mueller as special counsel. hmmmmm? Conflict of interest anyone?

So you reject a guy who interviews for a job and the next day he is assigned and special prosecutor???? thats how justice works in this great country?

Keep in mind that Flynn lied about completely legal discussions with Russians in Dec 2016 to Mccabe only because Russia fever and the DOJ/FBI was leaking anything and everything to the press and CNN was running with it 24/7 on hyper drive all in an attempt to ruin Trumps political capital. Keep in mind Trump entered office with near 50% approval ratings.

These are just part of the reasons why Trump calls this a witch hunt. A disgrace. A ruse. and he cant even talk about this to the american people because every word he says CNN and Mueller will run with as obstruction of justice.

I said it 9 months ago. I will say it again. The existing Obama DOJ/FBI was booby trapped to make president trump sit on his hands and do nothing. barrack Obama may be proud of himself in an "the ends justifies the means." But he should be effing ashamed from here to eternity. He really should be.

and still, people like me. That knew better. Have to sit here and listen to people like PointGod and GTN and even Ruzious tell me that none of this matters. Seriously guys. WTF is wrong with you!!??? How does this not matter. You cant be so dense as to think the ends actually justifies the means.

Alright let's make a bet then. You can never post in this thread again of no convictions come of this. If you're so overly confident then let's put your money where your big mouth is.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#12 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 6:11 am

Pointgod wrote:
stilldropin20 wrote:

Alright let's make a bet then. You can never post in this thread again of no convictions come of this. If you're so overly confident then let's put your money where your big mouth is.

ehhhhhhhhhi'lllllllllllll tell ya what, Doc. Even though, there's some interest in keeping me around if for nothing more than to keep peeps like you on your toes i will potentially take this bet. but you must fully define the terms and you must also put something on the line. And there must be some community interest. So if you can muster at least 15 other posters to lobby me to take this bet I will take the bet given you fully define the terms and put some skin in the game. Never forget that I am a man of the people and I will abide by the people's choice. Go!
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#13 » by Pointgod » Sat Feb 3, 2018 7:14 am

Another great breakdown why this memo is complete bull. Debunks piece by piece why the memo is not only intentionally misleading but actually debunks some of its own accusations.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/amp/story/2018/02/02/the-nunes-memo-makes-no-sense-216928?__twitter_impression=true

Under the most fair reading of the memorandum, the argument it makes is as follows: The Steele dossier—a collection of reports filed by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele—is a biased and flawed document produced by someone out to “get” the president; FBI and Justice Department officials knew of the bias and did not disclose it to the judges of the FISA court who approved the FISA warrant; as a result, the rights of an American citizen (Carter Page) were violated; and (more importantly, from the perspective of the Republican Party) the FBI’s reliance on the Steele dossier corrupted the FBI investigation of the Trump campaign—all of which is, in effect, the “fruit of a poisonous tree” that should no longer be credited.

Consider, first, the obvious timing problem. The Nunes memo begins with a FISA application dated October 21, 2016. That date is significant for a number of reasons. As an initial matter, coming less than 20 days before the election, it seems a particularly poor way of trying to influence the outcome of the election. A FISA application just a few days before November 9 would not actually have produced any evidence until well after the election—making Nunes' implicit charge of a corrupted investigation chronologically implausible. In addition, the focus on this date has to deal with the uncomfortable fact that the surveillance of Page it authorized started roughly a month after Page officially left the Trump campaign—so, again, it is a poor way of effectuating a bias against Trump to collect evidence relating to the actions of a former campaign volunteer.

But that timeline weakens the Nunes case for bias rather than strengthening it. Between the original application and the Rosenstein renewal, the Page surveillance was renewed two other times, for a total of four approvals altogether (and public reports say that there were four separate judges who did the reviewing—suggesting that four independent reviews validated the FBI’s investigation). But these renewals mean that it is utterly implausible (if not borderline impossible) for the renewal that Rosenstein approved to be reliant on the Steele memorandum.

Given that the investigation began from a different source, it is almost certain that the motivations behind the Steele dossier were irrelevant to the FISA court—judges routinely grant warrants based upon information provided by sources who have an ax to grind. The question is whether or not the information is corroborated. (As one wag put it, it only matters that someone told the FBI Page was talking to the Russians—it could have been Stormy Daniels for all they cared, so long as they could corroborate the information.) Here, we will not know unless and until the full FISA application is unsealed, but it is notable that the Nunes memo nowhere says that the Steele dossier was the exclusive basis for the FISA application and acknowledges the existence of other information. So, there are reasons to think that Steele’s alleged bias played no significant role in the FISA process. All of which doesn’t mean that everything in the Steele dossier is true. But his alleged bias doesn’t necessarily ruin the credibility of his research.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Post#14 » by Zonkerbl » Sat Feb 3, 2018 12:32 pm

The memo is a big nothingburger but we should still get rid of the Patriot Act.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#15 » by Wizardspride » Sat Feb 3, 2018 12:50 pm

Despite what some may think I do have an open mind...so make me see what I'm missing:

Make me see the "This is worse than watergate" scandal.

To me that 4 page memo said absolutely nothing that we didn't already know..and was missing key details that would have shed light on many things.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#16 » by cammac » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:18 pm

The Trump administration & especially the White House & Cabinet has deteriorated into a cadre of sycophants. The hope that there is a adult in the room has vanished with General Kelly's surrender to complicity.

The latest is the testing the waters of adventurism in the Korean Peninsula without the havoc even a non-nuclear conflict cause to possibly millions of residents. Victor Cha who was picked to be the Ambassador to South Korea and then dropped because he had the gumption to disagree with the Trumpster. Just wrote in the Washington Post:
“...White House National Security Council senior director for Asian affairs Matthew Pottinger was reported as saying in a recent closed-door meeting with US experts on Korean Peninsula issues that a limited strike on the North “might help in the midterm elections.”

According to Cha’s Washington Post piece, some ultra-hardliners have argued that the risk of endangering the lives of the 230,000 Americans living in South Korea if the bloody nose strategy escalates is worth taking in terms of “long-term interests” and the “safety of Americans living in the continental US.” The fates of 50 million South Koreans don’t even warrant a mention.

The basic thinking is that a WAR might help REPUBLICAN prospects in the midterm elections. To hell with the blood spilled and this is from a President to got deferment after deferment. Salute the flag and tell what a tough hombre you are.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#17 » by stilldropin20 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:50 pm

Wizardspride wrote:Despite what some may think I do have an open mind...so make me see what I'm missing:

To me that 4 page memo said absolutely nothing that we didn't already know..and was missing key details that would have shed light on many things.

I could be tempted to explain this further but I need more proof that this"open mind" exists.

Here let's start with the entire intelligence Community, along with the entire FBI, along with nearly every single Democrat did not want this released and the reasons for doing so or extremely over-the-top. Just that kind of visceral reaction should open up your eyes raise your eyebrows I'm prop up your ears.

These people are all too intelligent to step on any landmines and admit to breaking laws. But lets just look at Brit hume' s response to Comey tweet.

And while we're looking at Brit hume's response let's look at Zonkers post above. "nothing Burger but he hates the Patriot Act. "

Read on Twitter

That little thing in the back of your head somewhere in your spinal cord that alarm that says something is not right here, that should be going off. And if it's not then there is nothing I can ever say or do to convince you that something disturbingly wrong occurred with rdlj FBI in 2016 and 2017. And still exist today in the form of a special prosecutor.

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#18 » by montestewart » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:56 pm

Pointgod wrote:Remember these bombshell allegations that Nate and SD20 have been parroting the past couple of weeks. Now that the memo' s out it's amounted to the equivalent of a wet fart. This was supposed to be Watergate level corruption :dontknow:

When no charges come from this memo will Nate and SD20 finally admit that they're guillable partisan hacks?

Just look at the **** posting that these guys have been spamming the board with.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I kept thinking STD was hands, but now I'm thinking he's PG. So confusing!
Wizardspride
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Political Roundtable Part XVIII 

Post#19 » by Wizardspride » Sat Feb 3, 2018 3:02 pm

stilldropin20 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:Despite what some may think I do have an open mind...so make me see what I'm missing:

I could be tempted to explain this further but I need more proof that this"open mind" exists.

Here let's start with the entire intelligence Community, along with the entire FBI, along with nearly every single Democrat did not want this released and the reasons for doing so or extremely over-the-top. Just that kind of visceral reaction should open up your eyes raise your eyebrows I'm prop up your ears.

These people are all too intelligent to step on any landmines and admit to breaking laws. But lets just look at Brit hume' s response to Comey tweet.

And while we're looking at Brit hume's response let's look at Zonkers post above. "nothing Burger but he hates the Patriot Act. "

Read on Twitter

That little thing in the back of your head somewhere in your spinal cord that alarm that says something is not right here, that should be going off. And if it's not then there is nothing I can ever say or do to convince you that something disturbingly wrong occurred with rdlj FBI in 2016 and 2017. And still exist today in the form of a special prosecutor.

Honestly, I don't care about Britt Hume's opinion or speculation.

I asked what specifically was in the memo that constituted a "Watergate level" scandal.

I'll wait for your response....minus the insults.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,969

Post#20 » by dckingsfan » Sat Feb 3, 2018 3:17 pm

It is interesting watching this all play out. Personally, I am going to wait until 4 years after the next administration to decide what actually happens. It usually takes that long for the real story to surface. But I do have a bit of advice for the Democratic Party arguing with Trump:

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Return to Washington Wizards