ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#621 » by br7knicks » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:42 am

magnumt wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
magnumt wrote:
You won't find various options at grocery stores. Try more ethnic places. West Indian stores, Pubs, Bodegas, etc.

Dry stouts are more my taste. Stouts in general don't sell as much in America, so in some areas variety is harder to find. Colder states will have them in more stock tho. You're better off trying to order online from specialty websites instead. Or, if you find some good deals on Amazon.

--Mags :beer:

We can order beer on amazon? I may become part of the problem in this country. Doctor said I can't drink hard liquor anymore, so I'm trying to find alternatives. I like oatmeal stouts

Sorry to hear bud. :(

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59a86de9e4b0b5e530fd439b

With Amazon owning Whole Foods now, you can expect teal grocery options more and more now, including various spirits and even home kits to make them:

Read on Twitter

Not sure if you have iOS or Android, but if you have iOS there's PLENTY of Apps in the store that have Beer of the Month options. Once you find the App you like, you just it what you like and they creatively send you options to try that you wouldn't ordinarily have access too. The same can be achieved with the aforementioned websites that specialize in unique spirit options (like Stouts).

This should help you get you started in your search:

https://www.mantelligence.com/best-beer-of-the-month-club/amp/

https://www.greatclubs.com/blog/the-ultimate-list-of-beer-apps/

https://www.greatclubs.com/beer-of-the-month-club/

ah, all good, my own fault.

damn, mags, you should be a beer consultant, :lol:. thanks for the help. i'll have some research to do. i have android.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks

Post#622 » by br7knicks » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:43 am

King of Canada wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
magnumt wrote:
You won't find various options at grocery stores. Try more ethnic places. West Indian stores, Pubs, Bodegas, etc.

Dry stouts are more my taste. Stouts in general don't sell as much in America, so in some areas variety is harder to find. Colder states will have them in more stock tho. You're better off trying to order online from specialty websites instead. Or, if you find some good deals on Amazon.

We can order beer on amazon? I may become part of the problem in this country. Doctor said I can't drink hard liquor anymore, so I'm trying to find alternatives. I like oatmeal stouts

Look for some local craft brewers. Any brewery worth going to will have a stout.

i don't have a lot directly nearby. i'm about 40 minutes from albany, which will have a bunch.
RIP, magnumt '19

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#623 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:52 am

br7knicks wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

Look for some local craft brewers. Any brewery worth going to will have a stout.

i don't have a lot directly nearby. i'm about 40 minutes from albany, which will have a bunch.

I'm not really a Stout guy, but I've heard good things about Other Half Brewing Co.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#624 » by Galou » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:20 pm

What's up. I'm from Brooklyn and my favorite team is the Knicks. I'm 36 years old and I've been watching the Knicks since the late 80s. This is the first forum i ever joined. So im still getting use to this internet stuff. I was more use to talking about the Knicks in a barbershop setting or at work. I see with this site you gotta be on point your analysis. So im gonna absorb what i can from y'all smart posters and try to contribute with a well thought out and respectful opinion.

Peace.
F$+*k the Nets.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#625 » by magnumt » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Galou wrote:What's up. I'm from Brooklyn and my favorite team is the Knicks. I'm 36 years old and I've been watching the Knicks since the late 80s. This is the first forum i ever joined. So im still getting use to this internet stuff. I was more use to talking about the Knicks in a barbershop setting or at work. I see with this site you gotta be on point your analysis. So im gonna absorb what i can from y'all smart posters and try to contribute with a well thought out and respectful opinion.

Peace.

Welcome aboard but! Glad to have you! :D

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,290

Post#626 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Galou wrote:What's up. I'm from Brooklyn and my favorite team is the Knicks. I'm 36 years old and I've been watching the Knicks since the late 80s. This is the first forum i ever joined. So im still getting use to this internet stuff. I was more use to talking about the Knicks in a barbershop setting or at work. I see with this site you gotta be on point your analysis. So im gonna absorb what i can from y'all smart posters and try to contribute with a well thought out and respectful opinion.

Peace.

Yeah yeah we get it already! Now STFU and GTFO AGAIN! :eyebrows:
:beer: RIP mags
br7knicks

Post#627 » by br7knicks » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:25 pm

Peace.

this is the correct way to introduce yourself as a ballboy.

you didn't create your own thread, and you let us know your stance on the knicks. oh, and you are clearly new to this forum if you feel that you have to be on point with your analysis. <==== that criteria fits about 3-5% of the users on here. the rest of us are either drunk, high, or nonsensical and should be in a sanitarium, including myself.

welcome aboard. now STFU and

RIP, magnumt '19

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#628 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:04 am

Galou wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Galou wrote:Knickstape1214... Why is it so hard to message you back when you sent me a message. Also, i think you got me confused with someone else.

Yah, that’s my bad dude. Sent a follow up one. Sorry about that.

Make a post on the feedback forum and say you don’t have access. You should be granted it.

Like I said in the follow up PM, Devil’s Advocate is one of my all time favorite movies. :D

Seems like a lot of work. I'm getting too old for this internet stuff anyway.

That dialogue at the end of the movie about God was ill to me.

:lol: It’s super easy, but I understand. If you want me to tell Howard, I got you.

I loved everything about the movie. My mom told me I should watch it before going to law school, so I did. Since then, it’s been an all time favorite and I watch it whenever I’m in the mood (although, it’s been a little while since I’ve last seen it). Watched it with my girlfriend when we first started dating and the entire story went over her head. She claims it’s because I was talking through the whole thing (no comment, lol), so I’m gonna watch it again with her hopefully soon. Love that movie.
Galou
Pro Prospect

Post#629 » by Galou » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:23 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Galou wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Yah, that’s my bad dude. Sent a follow up one. Sorry about that.

Make a post on the feedback forum and say you don’t have access. You should be granted it.

Like I said in the follow up PM, Devil’s Advocate is one of my all time favorite movies. :D

:lol: It’s super easy, but I understand. If you want me to tell Howard, I got you.

I loved everything about the movie. My mom told me I should watch it before going to law school, so I did. Since then, it’s been an all time favorite and I watch it whenever I’m in the mood (although, it’s been a little while since I’ve last seen it). Watched it with my girlfriend when we first started dating and the entire story went over her head. She claims it’s because I was talking through the whole thing (no comment, lol), so I’m gonna watch it again with her hopefully soon. Love that movie.

Man pacino played the devil so well. Should've got an oscar.

I got put on to Devil's Advocate by a friend because she knew i was into origins of the devil. I use to read all types of books on Angelology & Demonology hierarchy. So then i started watching movies about it like Prophecy with Christopher Walkin, Fallen with Denzel, Legion, Constantine, etc.

I got a question about that line and you seem like the best person to ask because i get confused about sometimes.
F$+*k the Nets.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#630 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:40 am

Galou wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Galou wrote:

I got put on to Devil's Advocate by a friend because she knew i was into origins of the devil. I use to read all types of books on Angelology & Demonology hierarchy. So then i started watching movies about it like Prophecy with Christopher Walkin, Fallen with Denzel, Legion, Constantine, etc.

I got a question about that line and you seem like the best person to ask because i get confused about sometimes.

Go for it.
br7knicks

Post#631 » by br7knicks » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:59 am

i'm really torn.

while my initial reaction is to not believe selter, and believe, wholeheartedly, that she's at fault. i have trouble trusting airlines with people in the past. while i'm aware that the incident with the doctor, although initially seemed like the airlines fault, it was on him, i'm having trouble believing selter on this one.

my default is to believe that our generation is full of a bunch of enabled, spoiled brats who have trouble being told they're in the wrong.
RIP, magnumt '19

Galou
Pro Prospect

Post#632 » by Galou » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:13 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Galou wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Go for it.

Ok....

Isn't self love vanity? I know you heard people say "How can i love you if i don't love myself?"

I started using instagram and see these quotes everywhere. It still seems narcissistic to me
F$+*k the Nets.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#633 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:13 pm

Galou wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Galou wrote:

Go for it.

Ok....

Isn't self love vanity? I know you heard people say "How can i love you if i don't love myself?"

I started using instagram and see these quotes everywhere. It still seems narcissistic to me

Hmmm...I think too much self love is vanity. By definition, vanity is whatever in excess. I guess as long as it's within like "normal limits," whatever that may be, it's ok? To be honest, that quote always seemed a bit off to me. I understand it's all about self respect and that kind of thing, but something still just is off. Someone can be suicidal and hate themselves but still love another person.
br7knicks

Post#634 » by br7knicks » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:00 pm

this NBA is a **** joke. "we're going to lower the number of back to backs for teams.

the knicks have 4 separate back to back moments in january alone.
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#635 » by br7knicks » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:31 am

magnumt wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Hmmmmm I’m gonna look into it. I’ve just started liking beer (rarely drink, though), but the chocolate stouts always intrigued me.

Check out Porters too. Coffee porters are awesome. I wasn’t a beer drinker until a few years ago. Irish reds are a good place to start.

The only concern with a beer exchange is cross border shopping. I’ll have to see if it’s legal.

I'm a HUGE stout fan!

Nothing like an ice cold fresh Guinness!!! :droop: :D

so my buddy told me about this great stout. the goose island bourbon stout. i bought some, for myself, for my dad to give me for Christmas. He drank it himself, and i didn't get any. i went to our local distributor earlier today and got a 64oz growler of it. dude, this **** will put you on your ass. i had 2 glasses of it, and it's a nice buzz.

mags. give this a try, and let me know what you think. it goes down like an easy stout, but it has more of the affects of a bourbon - i'm not a whiskey fan, but i'll take it.
RIP, magnumt '19

King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#636 » by King of Canada » Sat Feb 3, 2018 11:37 am

br7knicks wrote:
magnumt wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
Check out Porters too. Coffee porters are awesome. I wasn’t a beer drinker until a few years ago. Irish reds are a good place to start.

The only concern with a beer exchange is cross border shopping. I’ll have to see if it’s legal.

I'm a HUGE stout fan!

so my buddy told me about this great stout. the goose island bourbon stout. i bought some, for myself, for my dad to give me for Christmas. He drank it himself, and i didn't get any. i went to our local distributor earlier today and got a 64oz growler of it. dude, this **** will put you on your ass. i had 2 glasses of it, and it's a nice buzz.

mags. give this a try, and let me know what you think. it goes down like an easy stout, but it has more of the affects of a bourbon - i'm not a whiskey fan, but i'll take it.

One of my favourite beers is a local pumpkin ale that’s 8%. I picked up a growler around Halloween, and ended up drinking the whole think one evening. It was awful. First time I got TOO drunk since probably high school and paid for it the next day. :-?
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#637 » by magnumt » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:07 pm

br7knicks wrote:
magnumt wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

I'm a HUGE stout fan!

Will do mate. Thanks for the recommendation!

magnumt6
br7knicks

Post#638 » by br7knicks » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:12 pm

King of Canada wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
magnumt wrote:
I'm a HUGE stout fan!

One of my favourite beers is a local pumpkin ale that’s 8%. I picked up a growler around Halloween, and ended up drinking the whole think one evening. It was awful. First time I got TOO drunk since probably high school and paid for it the next day. :-?

i think this is 17%. im hurtin right now.
RIP, magnumt '19

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#639 » by magnumt » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:15 pm

br7knicks wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

Lightweights. :lol:

Anyway, I couldn't drink it in one go anymore even if I wanted too, because of fluid restrictions.

magnumt6
br7knicks

Post#640 » by br7knicks » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:41 pm

magnumt wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

Lightweights. :lol:

Anyway, I couldn't drink it in one go anymore even if I wanted too, because of fluid restrictions.

forgot about that with you. sorry man.

but yeah, i've turned into a lightweight since i had to switch to beer :lol:. but i had 2 glasses of this last night. major headache lol
RIP, magnumt '19

Return to New York Knicks