Lonnie Walker

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

GameBredAPBT
Veteran
And1: 1,611

Lonnie Walker 

Post#1 » by GameBredAPBT » Sat Feb 3, 2018 11:51 pm

People are sleeping on this kid heavily. I said a year ago that he had the most upside out of everyone in this class & I still believe it to be true. He's got that fire in his belly that I believe will enable him to utilize his freakish attributes & tools better than people are giving him credit for. Still super raw but I'm real high on this dude.

Thoughts? What lotto team will he fit best on?
anthony00
Analyst
And1: 1,514

Re: Lonnie Walker 

Post#2 » by anthony00 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 11:57 pm

jimmy butler 2.0
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#3 » by GameBredAPBT » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:12 am

anthony00 wrote:jimmy butler 2.0

I don't see him dropping THAT low. He's also worlds more athletic than JB.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,158

Post#4 » by PhilBlackson » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:15 am

Most upside?! No way that's true.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
anthony00
Analyst

Post#5 » by anthony00 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:19 am

PhilBlackson wrote:Most upside?! No way that's true.

how ?
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#6 » by GameBredAPBT » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:21 am

Nah I most certainly think its true. Best athlete in the draft IMO. Gonna wind up being the Giannis/Leonard/Mitchell of the class.
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#7 » by PhilBlackson » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:21 am

anthony00 wrote:

how ?

Is this your new favorite thing to post? lol I noticed that's all you've posted in several threads now and I think with vastly superior athletes and measurements on players like Ayton, Bagley, Bamba and even Porter the answer is fairly obvious, if not maybe someone else can assist you, sorry couldn't be of more help.
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
anthony00
Analyst

Post#8 » by anthony00 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:23 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
anthony00 wrote:

how ?

Is this your new favorite thing to post? lol I noticed that's all you've posted in several threads now and I think with vastly superior athletes like Ayton, Bagley, Bamba and even Porter the answer is fairly obvious, if not maybe someone else can assist you, sorry couldn't be of more help.

he has the tools just not the recognition
anthony00
Analyst

Post#9 » by anthony00 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:24 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
anthony00 wrote:

how ?

Is this your new favorite thing to post? lol I noticed that's all you've posted in several threads now and I think with vastly superior athletes and measurements on players like Ayton, Bagley, Bamba and even Porter the answer is fairly obvious, if not maybe someone else can assist you, sorry couldn't be of more help.

porter isn't really that good of an athlete just above average
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#10 » by GameBredAPBT » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:25 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
anthony00 wrote:

how ?

Is this your new favorite thing to post? lol I noticed that's all you've posted in several threads now and I think with vastly superior athletes like Ayton, Bagley, Bamba and even Porter the answer is fairly obvious, if not maybe someone else can assist you.

Big fat lol @ Bagley being more athletic than Lonnie. Porter as well. Bamba is more gifted physically obviously but he's not more athetic than Walker either. Ayton perhaps, but even then, not by much.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#11 » by GameBredAPBT » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:26 am

anthony00 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
anthony00 wrote:how ?

porter isn't really that good of an athlete just above average

Agreed 100%. He & Bamba have great size for their position but they aren't as fast twitch explosive as Lonnie.
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#12 » by PhilBlackson » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:27 am

anthony00 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
anthony00 wrote:how ?

Is this your new favorite thing to post? lol I noticed that's all you've posted in several threads now and I think with vastly superior athletes like Ayton, Bagley, Bamba and even Porter the answer is fairly obvious, if not maybe someone else can assist you, sorry couldn't be of more help.

he has the tools just not the recognition

To be clear I'm not saying he can't be a great player but his upside is not the highest of them all sorry. I don't see much that a 6'4 Walker can do that a 6'9-10 MP Jr can't and that makes all the difference in team's ability to match up/guard.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#13 » by GimmeDat » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:37 am

He's my guy, I've got him top 10.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#14 » by logical_art » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:48 am

GameBredAPBT wrote:

He's smaller than Butler and Butler is super athletic. He dunks with his head near the rim.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#15 » by GameBredAPBT » Sun Feb 4, 2018 1:31 am

logical_art wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:

He's smaller than Butler and Butler is super athletic. He dunks with his head near the rim.

Butler doesn't generate the same type of explosion that Walker does. I wouldn't label Butler as super athletic, like ever. Most of his success has come from strength & leverage, not explosive athletic ability. We hardly ever see Butler posterize people in traffic, nor have highlight reel one-handed dunks.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#16 » by Cappy_Smurf » Sun Feb 4, 2018 10:23 am

He's 4th on my wish list for Utah.

First 2 are out of our range for sure, but I've got Walker 2nd behind Mikal Bridges for players in our range.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#17 » by PLO » Sun Feb 4, 2018 1:12 pm

He's got a lot of recognition, he was top 15 for a lot of people pre-season. Ive watched a few Hurricane games earlier in the season - things that stood out for me (from memory) were his excellent rebounding in traffic, good physical strength, excellent athlete, decent handle. Wasn't that impressed with his passing and he doesn't really have the natural skills of a PG and he's not exactly huge at 6'4". His shot mechanics looked OK to me if a little slow and thus I question what he's going to be in the NBA positionally. Someone mentioned he's been lighting it up recently and I haven't seen any of these recent games so much of what I've written could be outdated. Cole Zwicker has mentioned he's got a piece coming out on him on the Stepien at some stage soon so that will be worth looking at.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#18 » by GameBredAPBT » Sun Feb 4, 2018 7:13 pm

PLO wrote:He's got a lot of recognition, he was top 15 for a lot of people pre-season. Ive watched a few Hurricane games earlier in the season - things that stood out for me (from memory) were his excellent rebounding in traffic, good physical strength, excellent athlete, decent handle. Wasn't that impressed with his passing and he doesn't really have the natural skills of a PG and he's not exactly huge at 6'4". His shot mechanics looked OK to me if a little slow and thus I question what he's going to be in the NBA positionally. Someone mentioned he's been lighting it up recently and I haven't seen any of these recent games so much of what I've written could be outdated. Cole Zwicker has mentioned he's got a piece coming out on him on the Stepien at some stage soon so that will be worth looking at.

He'll play SG IMO. He reminds me a lot of Dwade.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran

Post#19 » by GameBredAPBT » Sun Feb 4, 2018 7:14 pm

Also, watch his highlights at Louisville. He was absolutely spectacular.

I get people's concerns re: the knee injury though
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#20 » by Ruzious » Mon Feb 5, 2018 8:37 pm

Has he developed a catch and shoot game yet with a reasonably quick release? Or does he just shoot off the dribble?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to NBA Draft