2018 Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Re: 2018 Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread 

Post#81 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Feb 5, 2018 5:53 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:All this blather about Earl Thomas coming home...

Is he going to take a home town discount?

Spoiler:
He's still under contract Otis! :wink:

Well then... that changes everything doesn't it?

Of course, that begs the next question... what are the Seahawks going to do with him? Financially speaking of course?
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#82 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 5, 2018 6:14 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:All this blather about Earl Thomas coming home...

Is he going to take a home town discount?

Spoiler:

Of course, that begs the next question... what are the Seahawks going to do with him? Financially speaking of course?

He has one year left on his deal. Can become a Free agent in 2019. The team also has the option to franchise him if they want to keep him beyond next season.

He'll be 30 years old at that point & I'm not sure the team will want to hang on to him anyway (He's had injuries the last two years). As a fan, I would seriously consider shopping him this off season. A 2nd & say a 4th is acceptable from my POV. Would Dallas be willing to pull the trigger on such a deal? Keep in mind he's asking for top money & injuries are a huge question mark going forward.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#83 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Feb 5, 2018 6:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Spoiler:

He has one year left on his deal. Can become a Free agent in 2019. The team also has the option to franchise him if they want to keep him beyond next season.

He'll be 30 years old at that point & I'm not sure the team will want to hang on to him anyway (He's had injuries the last two years). As a fan, I would seriously consider shopping him this off season. A 2nd & say a 4th is acceptable from my POV. Would Dallas be willing to pull the trigger on such a deal? Keep in mind he's asking for top money & injuries are a huge question mark going forward.

Don't know how the Cowboys feel about that... but I'm not giving up a 2 and a 4 for one season. And like you said - he's not going to take a home town discount if he hits the open market - nor should he.

Now if he wanted to make a hometown deal for say 3-4 years that would allow the Cowboys to keep Lawrence and Irving happy also... I'm in on a 2 and a 4.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#84 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Feb 5, 2018 6:49 pm

gravytrain24 wrote:I wonder what it would take to get Malcolm Butler. He must've done something to get on belichecks bad side.

Well - if this is true, I'm fairly certain I'll pass.

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#85 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 5, 2018 7:00 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:I wonder what it would take to get Malcolm Butler. He must've done something to get on belichecks bad side.

Read on Twitter

I'm not familiar with this Malcolm Butler fellow you speak of....

:cry: :banghead:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Feb 5, 2018 8:44 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Read on Twitter

I'm not familiar with this Malcolm Butler fellow you speak of....

:cry: :banghead:

Me either.
gravytrain24
Bench Warmer
And1: 312

Post#87 » by gravytrain24 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 9:14 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

Read on Twitter

Agreed, we don't need any more of those problems.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#88 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 6, 2018 6:31 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:Second question from last night.

What the hell???

Read on Twitter

Probably reminds him so something his mom used to make.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#89 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:06 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
The mystery question from last night... what the hell happened there?

I'm not sure about him coming here though. I don't want to limit the playing time for the kids at CB... and we do have more pressing issues (like the D-Line) that need addressed.

You still have injury prone scandrick on the roster tho, no one can develop behind him because they aren't get consistent time. If you could swap them, i'd be fine with that.

I think Scandrick is either gone or moves back to the slot as the #3 CB. The kids are going to play. And based on the tea leaves locally, I suspect he is gone.

I would be really surprised if he comes back. I think him, Hitchens, and David Irving will all be gone this off season. I think we’re going to see another huge influx of youth on the defense. In addition to those three I would not be surprised to see Crawford and Damian Wilson gone too.

Keep an eye on guys like LB Roquan Dmith, DT Maurice Hurst, and DT Vita Vea. One of those 3 are all being projected to be there at 19 and one of them will likely be the pick.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:14 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
gravytrain24 wrote:You still have injury prone scandrick on the roster tho, no one can develop behind him because they aren't get consistent time. If you could swap them, i'd be fine with that.

I think Scandrick is either gone or moves back to the slot as the #3 CB. The kids are going to play. And based on the tea leaves locally, I suspect he is gone.

I would be really surprised if he comes back. I think him, Hitchens, and David Irving will all be gone this off season. I think we’re going to see another huge influx of youth on the defense. In addition to those three I would not be surprised to see Crawford and Damian Wilson gone too.

Keep an eye on guys like LB Roquan Dmith, DT Maurice Hurst, and DT Vita Vea. One of those 3 are all being projected to be there at 19 and one of them will likely be the pick.

I've seen Via at 19 and I've seen him at 9. I really, really hope he's there at 19. We can absorb losing Irving if that's the case. I got a strong feeling he can be the stud DT that BJJ has been begging for all these years.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#91 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:43 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

I've seen Via at 19 and I've seen him at 9. I really, really hope he's there at 19. We can absorb losing Irving if that's the case. I got a strong feeling he can be the stud DT that BJJ has been begging for all these years.

I just hope they value him as much as we do.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#92 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:39 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Second question from last night.

What the hell???

Read on Twitter

Probably reminds him so something his mom used to make.

Told ya the Egals were always full of ****, :rofl: :rofl2: :falloff:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#93 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:42 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

If that happens, I'm not sure if I'll be happy or pass out, :wink: :lol: With our luck Jerry will probably bring in Butler, draft a couple red flag players again and we will start out the season with 5 players on suspension.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#94 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:44 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

If we get vita, it would be a miracle for me and I would love it. But I have to admit with you guys, we need to address a few more areas as well.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#95 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:52 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

If we get vita, it would be a miracle for me and I would love it. But I have to admit with you guys, we need to address a few more areas as well.

A guy I would love to see them target in FA is Allen Robinson. Either him or Jarvis Landry. Robinson is coming off a torn ACL so he might be cheaper but either one would be great on this team. Dez would have to take that paycut or be released for it to happen though.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#96 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:56 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

If that happens, I'm not sure if I'll be happy or pass out, :wink: :lol: With our luck Jerry will probably bring in Butler, draft a couple red flag players again and we will start out the season with 5 players on suspension.

There is a LB with only 1 hand in the draft. Can’t remember his name though. He might be a guy I could see them drafting. He’s a good player but dude only has 1 hand, he’s going to have problems tackling in the NFL.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Feb 8, 2018 3:28 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

There is a LB with only 1 hand in the draft. Can’t remember his name though. He might be a guy I could see them drafting. He’s a good player but dude only has 1 hand, he’s going to have problems tackling in the NFL.

Griffin from UCF. I remember the last name...
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#98 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Feb 8, 2018 3:31 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

A guy I would love to see them target in FA is Allen Robinson. Either him or Jarvis Landry. Robinson is coming off a torn ACL so he might be cheaper but either one would be great on this team. Dez would have to take that paycut or be released for it to happen though.

I’m not completely sure about Landry. I read that he isn’t the best route runner... lord knows we have our share of them. Robinson is interesting. I’d have to know where he is in the recovery process though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#99 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 8, 2018 1:57 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I'm big time in favor of getting Allen Robinson and getting rid of DEZ. Thought about mentioning it a couple weeks ago but wasn't sure how you guys would react.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#100 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:23 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:If we get vita, it would be a miracle for me and I would love it. But I have to admit with you guys, we need to address a few more areas as well.

I'm big time in favor of getting Allen Robinson and getting rid of DEZ. Thought about mentioning it a couple weeks ago but wasn't sure how you guys would react.

The big question about Robinson is his knee. If he’s completely healthy he’d be a perfect fit. Well also it would depend on how much he wants.

Return to Dallas Cowboys