ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#741 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Mar 5, 2018 2:43 am

Context wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Context wrote:
no offense my brother but thats how i know you didn't (excuse the term) fu*k her into the ground. If after you have a sex with a women and she doesnt look at you with puppy eyes- you didnt f*ck her right...I dont care what time period we're in- if you dont know how to f*ck a women like that (learn) and if you do but took off for the night - NEVER do that in the beginning...And I agree with Spree stay away from politics. Women know how to avoid certain discussions with a man as well. You need to do the same.

Outside of that - be yourself, be nice but at the same time dont "give a f*ck" too much...

I **** and left. You’re saying **** (good) and stay in the beginning? I couldn’t physically stay.

not sure what youre asking?

Misread your post but yeah, she’s just a strong minded uber liberal. I had the ‘puppy dog eyes’ and ‘don’t leave’ after sex. I know what you’re saying. This isn’t that.
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,879

Post#742 » by ronnymac2 » Mon Mar 5, 2018 2:44 am

MP4LIFE wrote:It hurts because I am normally shy and reserved and it takes a while for me to open up. And when I do and I'm rejected it hurts. I just have to learn to step back a bit. I have stomach issues too (IBS) that also don't help me when I'm on dates or my confidence in general. This girl was really understanding and cool and I guess I felt more attracted because of that.

Sometimes you need to vent to non-bro friends who tell you to ‘f that girl, move on to the next’. Which is fine advice but doesn’t really solve anything either.

First off, no, it isn't weird to feel hurt. If that's how you feel, that's how you feel.

Second, I also have IBS issues, and yes, the anxiety of having those issues, especially in a public place, does sap confidence sometimes. What I would suggest is get really good sleep and find your trigger foods so you know what to avoid. I'm still in the process of doing that myself.

It sounds like this chick was cool with dating and seeing where things went. She probably would have been OK with the political disagreement if she read that you were casually dating her, but once you established you were maybe wanting something more serious, she took the political disagreement into consideration in the context of your guys' actual chemistry and decided to disengage. Sucks, but give her credit for at least not wasting your time.

I've had more success with Tinder; I literally just planned my first Bumble date for this week.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#743 » by F N 11 » Mon Mar 5, 2018 3:15 am

Long story short the D was wack af breh.

On some G **** the world is super shallow. Just move on and find someone that works for you. In all honesty fawk her. We give people too much power over our lives. foh you bang with me or you don’t.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#744 » by NY2TheBay » Mon Mar 5, 2018 4:04 am

Greenie wrote:You all need to leave apps alone. Go find women while doing everday things. Grocery store, mechanics, nail salons(get your feet done). Food spots. Gas stations. Department stores. Malls.

If not you will simply continue to get curved with the quickness.

I have curved a few. I do that app stuff for fun.

Im on the toilet when I go on that. Ask me if I give a sh*t.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#745 » by EricAnderson » Mon Mar 5, 2018 4:54 am

Dating sites are heavily geared toward women which makes them flaky and picky.

My friend is on okcupid she's an attractive women but wrote nothing in her profile just put pics up..She gets tons of messages a day but says she hasn't been on a date in a year because of her teenage daughter so she's clearly on their just looking for attention and an ego stroke..
Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,299

Post#746 » by Moose » Mon Mar 5, 2018 5:02 am

Funny how people assume it was the D. That's probably all she wanted, got it, and then moved on. You can make a girl O six times. But if they dont want to be with you or commit, then they wont be with you. Some of these girls have plenty of options and side guys. Maybe she knew he liked her and she wasn't about that part of it. She just wanted fun. Sometimes it isnt that complicated.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#747 » by levendis » Mon Mar 5, 2018 5:17 am

Those apps entire purpose is to meet someone to screw for the most part. Once that is accomplished the interaction is usually over with. If your intention is to meet someone/ find a gf and whatnot you probably shouldn't be on them. Or at the least realize most of your encounters will end up like this.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#748 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Mar 5, 2018 5:30 am

levendis wrote:Those apps entire purpose is to meet someone to screw for the most part. Once that is accomplished the interaction is usually over with. If your intention is to meet someone/ find a gf and whatnot you probably shouldn't be on them. Or at the least realize most of your encounters will end up like this.

I just find it hard to meet good girls in general. Where are we meeting? At a bar? I don’t know where us millenials hang out in 2018.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,224

Post#749 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Mar 5, 2018 5:51 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
levendis wrote:Those apps entire purpose is to meet someone to screw for the most part. Once that is accomplished the interaction is usually over with. If your intention is to meet someone/ find a gf and whatnot you probably shouldn't be on them. Or at the least realize most of your encounters will end up like this.

I just find it hard to meet good girls in general. Where are we meeting? At a bar? I don’t know where us millenials hang out in 2018.

Figure out what you want in a woman. Then figure out where that type of woman would frequent. Start there. Work on your confidence. In my experience it makes all the difference.
:beer: RIP mags
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#750 » by Mecca » Mon Mar 5, 2018 5:57 am

MP4LIFE wrote:

That’s the issue I have since everyone so infatuated w their phone/headphones during the day.

I recommend reading Mark Manson’s Models and just pulling up. Dog parks, concerts, yoga are the best.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#751 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Mar 5, 2018 6:00 am

Mecca wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

That’s the issue I have since everyone so infatuated w their phone/headphones during the day.

I recommend reading Mark Manson’s Models and just pulling up. Dog parks, concerts, yoga are the best.

I do have a dog so I think this will help me in the Spring/Summer. I just got him in December so I haven't experienced the warm weather with him yet. Hopefully it will get me some tail haha.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,414

Post#752 » by Synciere » Mon Mar 5, 2018 6:12 am

Man this is kind of normal in online dating. I've heard way worse stories. I've also curved and ghosted a few after seemingly 'good' dates too. It's just the nature of social dating.

Regular life is a GREAT place to pick up chicks. Y'all should try it.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#753 » by NY2TheBay » Mon Mar 5, 2018 6:50 am

Mecca wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

Game.

Leverage that with how to be a 3% man by corey wayne and you have an S on your chest.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#754 » by levendis » Mon Mar 5, 2018 12:32 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:

I'm 24, met my girlfriend of 2 years and a half from work. At the same time my friend met his girlfriend off of Tinder. I get it, it is difficult to meet them outside of a school or work area. But to be honest it's doable just harder than swiping away on an app. You can probably save some time in these apps by immediately letting these girls know what you're looking for off the bat. Also try to strike conversation with at least one girl everyday during the day. It'll fail most of the time later but law of averages say at some point you'll hit with one.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,146

Post#755 » by Fat Kat » Mon Mar 5, 2018 2:10 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Mecca wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:OP- This happens on Bumble and Tinder. Mecca kind of hit this thing on the head. They got a buffet to eat from and if they dont know what they want, they keep it swiping.

Earlier this morning, I met a super bad girl on Bumble. Got her math and finessed the convo. Asked to grab a drink & didn't receive an answer. I check an hour later to see I got blocked on IG and my #. Why? I have no clue, but again, either found someone new or didn't know what she wanted. And this is today alone. It's just an example of the side-effects from having so much access to dating.

sound like catfish

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
switch
Junior
And1: 10

OT: Leasing a ‘18 Honda Civic SI 

Post#756 » by switch » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:05 am

Long story short, the salesman and I agreed on monthly payments of $250/month (tax included) and a $1000 drive off fee. The $1000 “consists” of 500 DMV fee, 250 first month payment, and 250 just to offset the total price so I can get the $250/month for the next 35 months. Is it possible that he’s making up these numbers to compensate for the lower than avg monthly payments i’m about to pay? I also live in California so if any fellow Knicks fan knows about California state laws with DMV fees being that high, that’ll be great. Thanks and I’m happy to be back on realm.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Re: OT: Leasing a ‘18 Honda Civic SI 

Post#757 » by reub » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:46 am

switch wrote:Long story short, the salesman and I agreed on monthly payments of $250/month (tax included) and a $1000 drive off fee. The $1000 “consists” of 500 DMV fee, 250 first month payment, and 250 just to offset the total price so I can get the $250/month for the next 35 months. Is it possible that he’s making up these numbers to compensate for the lower than avg monthly payments i’m about to pay? I also live in California so if any fellow Knicks fan knows about California state laws with DMV fees being that high, that’ll be great. Thanks and I’m happy to be back on realm.

I haven't owned a Civic but my Accord was very uncomfortable. The seats were hard and dug into my thighs causing me to cramp up. And the ride was so firm that I felt every NYC pothole. Make sure that you drive it and you're sure that the car will be comfortable for you. Just my 2 cents.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#758 » by br7knicks » Wed Mar 7, 2018 3:05 am

i just bought an '05 tahoe. my dmv fees were $225, but maybe because your car is newer they need more. new york has some of the most ridiculous fees/taxes/etc (which is why i've considered moving the **** out of this state), but i couldn't imagine california being THAT much more.

if it's like NY, what the dealer is supposed to do is give you any difference. they asked me for $250 for DMV fees (just in case), and gave me the difference once the fees were approved. it was really just a precaution. but things might be different there.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Rodimus921
Veteran
And1: 101

Post#759 » by Rodimus921 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 4:02 am

Quick tips i learned.

1 Always test drive a car before buying. You need to feel comfortable driving it
2. Never say, " i want this much per month because they wont show you a cheaper deal. They will give you what you asked.
3. Never show emotion when looking around. They will know that you really want the car and they will give you a crap offer.
4. Have a plan A, B, C car that you want.
5. If the offer isnt good, walk away. Dont feel obligated to leave the dealership with payments that youre not happy with.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#760 » by Kampuchea » Wed Mar 7, 2018 4:56 am

Go to 2 dealers, they make it impossible for you to leave but tell them you’re not ready to decide. HOLD firm.

They’re going to make BS claims, after running your credit saying they need to increase it. I had dude chasing me to my car making an offer.

Return to New York Knicks