ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,919

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#781 » by F N 11 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 8:51 pm

really? Anime chicks?
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM

Re: OT: Leasing a ‘18 Honda Civic SI 

Post#782 » by F N 11 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 9:24 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Go to 2 dealers, they make it impossible for you to leave but tell them you’re not ready to decide. HOLD firm.

They’re going to make BS claims, after running your credit saying they need to increase it. I had dude chasing me to my car making an offer.

I been got before. You get the cheap price with the sale guy. Then the guy in the italian suit with the big office tells you youre in this and that credit bracket and suddenly everything gets expensive. Dont get got out here. Better off getting loan for a used car. I have no idea why they dont crack down on car dealerships for lying.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#783 » by F N 11 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 9:28 pm

el13adnino wrote:
sushibear wrote:Good move. Leasing is the way to go.

because...

Its all cheap until they roll your down payment into your monthly payments if you want to do 0 down. I dont trust none of them MF. Cant wait to turn in my lease and get a used car.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#784 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Mar 7, 2018 9:43 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
whocares1 wrote:I don't understand how it de-escalated from "2nd date sex" to "Don't view you romantically". Something has to have changed her mind.

I think I noticed it when she started to have some political talk with me via text. When I said I wasn’t a feminist in the ‘2018 definition’ and that I wouldnt be out in some SJW rallies (even though I’m liberal leaning, I really don’t care that much about politics in general) she started to say she couldn’t date someone who didn’t share her beliefs. She apologized later for ‘being mean’ but I think that could’ve been it. This was on Thursday. I started seeing her texting differently on Friday.

She also went out last night to some gala with her friends. Could’ve met someone new there.

Also we pretty much had sex the first date too so it wasn’t that.

Well **** dude, she just saved your life. Imagine having to join her at events like those. Isnt feminism something that women shouldn't expect men to really care about? I mean, I treat you right that's as involved as I wanna be. Now she talking about rallies?

You shoulda dumped her first.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,452

Post#785 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 9:58 pm

whocares1 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Exactly

Cause if the sex was good she wouldn’t really care(all that much) about the political beliefs. At least not this quick.

It’s like things adding up and you’re weighing the pros and cons.

It's so crazy how different men and women are. I'm convinced men would stay would a female serial killer if the sex was good. :lol:

I think women generally know that most men are going to underperform in bed a lot of the time (this is probably news to men :lol: ). So they're prepared for it. But if a couple disagrees about how to raise a child.. like the guy wants to send the kid to public school and the girl wants to send the kid to private school.. deal breaker. :lol:

The OP clearly needs to rethink how he views the man/woman dynamic.. it's the year 2018. 75% of my friends wives are the majority bread winners and therefore they shouldn't have to come home and do the stuff they were boxed into doing (cleaning,Laundry,cooking etc) so they don't.

I disagree with the idea that men and women are that far different, and there are men who would stay in a relationship just for the sex, but so would women. OP's biggest mistake was being truthful in that situation. If he wasn't with the current feminist movement he shouldn't have made it known.

So then start pursuing a relationship with a woman he was really into by lying about something women take pretty damn seriously?
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#786 » by Galou » Wed Mar 7, 2018 10:36 pm

Most American women and American influenced women are lost souls. Social media like instagram really messed up their narcissistic persona.
F$+*k the Nets.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#787 » by poeman » Wed Mar 7, 2018 10:46 pm

I did something similar recently with a woman who I dated for a bit after we had sex...To be honest, I recently got divorced so I am not mentally there all the way but I did not feel the romantic feelings as she may have and after a couple of days I ended it.
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#788 » by cuyankees » Wed Mar 7, 2018 10:48 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Sex on the 2nd date then she moved on? She didn't like the sex.

Bingo! Romantic chemistry revolves a lot around sex and she got a “taste” and let you go back into the pond quickly. Did you a favor, but also time to reconsider your approach to sex if this happens again.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#789 » by poeman » Wed Mar 7, 2018 10:49 pm

Synciere wrote:Man this is kind of normal in online dating. I've heard way worse stories. I've also curved and ghosted a few after seemingly 'good' dates too. It's just the nature of social dating.

Regular life is a GREAT place to pick up chicks. Y'all should try it.

I tried online dating for 3 months. It was good and bad, now mostly bad. Too many flakes and the ones that do meet me come up with some sensitive crap about something I said that bothered them or the ones I do stuff with are just not my cup of tea.

Best way is to try and keep trying in regular (events, bars, parties, social spots) circumstances I guess
ravinaziankid
Senior
And1: 268

Post#790 » by ravinaziankid » Wed Mar 7, 2018 11:08 pm

I know online dating has come a long way and is now considered the way to go but I have pretty much given up on finding someone on those apps. All the girls i've dated and met on there are all pretty narcissistic or just plain weird with no idea what they want. I know these days, its hard to meet someone outside of these apps but I think this is kind of an example of why.
CowboyBebop
Starter
And1: 2,134

Post#791 » by CowboyBebop » Wed Mar 7, 2018 11:26 pm

sushibear wrote:
CowboyBebop wrote:
sushibear wrote:
Spoiler:
ImageImage

Well damn!!!!

Yup. Heres the non anime version tho if you're curious.

Spoiler:

CowboyBebop wrote:Will Lebron be able to get warriors players suspended again so he has another chance to win this year? Or will he fail and get yet another loss on an already unimpressive finals record?
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,730

Post#792 » by Handledatruth » Wed Mar 7, 2018 11:27 pm

Buy your next car with cash. It's possible...
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,243

Post#793 » by Papi_swav » Thu Mar 8, 2018 12:28 am

digitaldropoff wrote:
el13adnino wrote:
sushibear wrote:Good move. Leasing is the way to go.

because...

I'll wait to hear a reason why as well? I mean, if you like getting a new ride every three years....than it makes sense. If you don't, then I don't really know why it's better than owning. Key is to buy a used car that was leased.....it's usually certified and not to F-ed up from the previous owner because they know they need to return it in decent shape and within the miles allowed.

For 1, you get a new car every 2-3 years.
2. Personally, I will not buy something that depreciates over time, a car is not an investment and when you buy a car or finance, you will be making those monthly payments for 5-8 years, depending on how much u put down and the car.
3. By the time you done with the payments, the car is almost ready to break down unless you maintain it. BMW's and Benz etc .. do not hold their value at all. Honda, toyota and few cars last pretty long and the parts are cheap and easy to get so it wouldn't be too bad with those kind of cars.
I like to "buy" things that goes up in value overtime like property, gold, sneakers etc.. if not then I lease it. Just my opinion.
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#794 » by emo » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:00 am

Not trolling and I'm sure this has probably been mentioned already.

She found you alright looking and all, but to be blunt about it.. you didn't dick her down all the way right. And getting dicked down properly on the regular is probably high on her list of priorities.

In reality, you gotta appreciate a chick like that, she knows what she wants and doesn't want to waste your time.

Two dates, she's not the one. Move on.

You'll be aiight.
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#795 » by Mecca » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:01 am

emo wrote:Not trolling and I'm sure this has probably been mentioned already.

She found you alright looking and all, but to be blunt about it.. you didn't dick her down all the way right. And getting dicked down properly on the regular is probably high on her list of priorities.

In reality, you gotta appreciate a chick like that, she knows what she wants and doesn't want to waste your time.

You'll be aiight.

Damn I missed hoodie. Welcome back
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
emo
RealGM

Post#796 » by emo » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:04 am

Mecca wrote:
emo wrote:Not trolling and I'm sure this has probably been mentioned already.

You'll be aiight.

Damn I missed hoodie. Welcome back

Salute, OG! :usa:
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
emo
RealGM

OT: Anyone else joined this board as a teenager and they're now in their 30s? 

Post#797 » by emo » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:08 am

WTF just happened? How is this possible?

Much love to the RGM Knicks boards! Longevity is underrated, but I'm pretty sure you motherf*ckers stole some years from me!
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Re: OT: Anyone else joined this board as a teenager and they're now in their 30s? 

Post#798 » by Jose7 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:18 am

emo wrote:WTF just happened? How is this possible?

Much love to the RGM Knicks boards! Longevity is underrated, but I'm pretty sure you motherf*ckers stole some years from me!

Miss you my G!
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: OT: Anyone else joined this board as a teenager and they're now in their 30s? 

Post#799 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:20 am

Basically
emo
RealGM

Post#800 » by emo » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:23 am

Jose7 wrote:
emo wrote:WTF just happened? How is this possible?

Miss you my G!

Salute bro! We definitely gotta link when I come thru the City one of these days, man!

Return to New York Knicks