ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Re: OT: Anyone else joined this board as a teenager and they're now in their 30s? 

Post#801 » by emo » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:24 am

Greenie wrote:Basically

You been old though :-?
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Re: OT: Anyone else joined this board as a teenager and they're now in their 30s? 

Post#802 » by EnigmatiC » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:28 am

I'm 29 joined when I was 15. I'll be 30 in June. It's been bad basketball for 14 years with our only highlight that 54 win season. FML!
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#803 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:29 am

emo wrote:

Old spirit. You know, wisdom and all that mess. :lol:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Post#804 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:38 am

I joined this board as an adult so I could act like a foolish adolescent. Does that count?
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#805 » by emo » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:42 am

Greenie wrote:
emo wrote:

:lol: Luh you Greenie! <333

Hope all is good with you, Tiger and the fam. We gotta link up too when I come thru the City!

I basically grew up with you fools, man.
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#806 » by Greenie » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:44 am

emo wrote:
Greenie wrote:
emo wrote:

:lol: Luh you Greenie! <333

Hope all is good with you, Tiger and the fam. We gotta link up too when I come thru City!

I basically grew up with you fools, man.

:lol:
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,149

Post#807 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:44 am

yea, I wrote a thread talking about how we should start Renaldo Balkman and Mardy Collins once. That dark past is what's holding me back from entering politics.
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Re: OT: Is it weird to feel hurt after 2 dates? 

Post#808 » by CrazyKnicks » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:50 am

OP, with online dating you need to learn to not care too much and take everything with a grain of salt. Like Mecca said below, a lot of these girls are indecisive and can confuse you. Just understand that and be skeptical. Unless things get serious with a girl, don't expect anything.

Happens to all of us though, sometimes you meet someone and you have a great first date, get excited about them and then end up wondering wtf happened. Had a girl find me on FB and hit me up a year later after going on one date with her and getting ghosted :lol:
Mecca wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Welp, there you go. You met her on a dating app. You got your answer.

I use Bumble and Tinder. They're one in the same. The issue is what I said in my first post. Girls who have access or use dating apps are almost impossible to date because they know they have the entire menu on their plate so there's no need to settle for one.

I've dated approximately 15 different women from Tinder/Bumble this Winter alone and can tell you similar things have happened to me. She found a new guy to play with on Bumble or is having second thoughts as she doesn't know what she wants. I'm giving you that advice because it's happened to me so many times before via dating apps.

Thank you, brother. I really appreciate you talking about the struggles of meeting a good girl, whether on or off the apps.

You’re right - you think you got something going and they dead you right then and there. Then it just feels like you wasted time and money for no reason, and you feel emotionally spent. You feel fooled because you put this effort in and you genuinely liked her but she never really did and just played a role until she got tired and moved on.

I don’t blame the girl at all. That’s life. You can’t force these things. I appreciate her being up front with me and I told her that I’m my last message. I can’t blame her - which sucks, because then you’re only left blaming yourself.

Word, I'm happy you made this thread because it's something that's been ticking me off for a minute. I honestly haven't heard of anyone have success from online dating and there's a reason for it. It makes them think that they have an entire smorgasbord of options at their disposal at all times so there's no reason to settle or make up your mind.

I think at the time they believe they're interested in you, but don't see it as anything other than speculation. This is especially true for girls that are 7+ out of 10, as they have a million matches and messages at all times.

I still online date, but in the Spring I'm going to change my approach. Concerts, yoga, marathons etc. as social meeting places. You know as well as myself that when you get older, you vaguely see attractive women at social events unless you're at a bar, thus these are high quality options.

For the online dating I suggest PickE app. Used it summer 16 when it was kinda new so I don't know how it is now and found the girls on there a bit more serious than Tinder/Bumble.
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#809 » by alphad0gz » Thu Mar 8, 2018 1:59 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
whocares1 wrote:I don't understand how it de-escalated from "2nd date sex" to "Don't view you romantically". Something has to have changed her mind.

I think I noticed it when she started to have some political talk with me via text. When I said I wasn’t a feminist in the ‘2018 definition’ and that I wouldnt be out in some SJW rallies (even though I’m liberal leaning, I really don’t care that much about politics in general) she started to say she couldn’t date someone who didn’t share her beliefs. She apologized later for ‘being mean’ but I think that could’ve been it. This was on Thursday. I started seeing her texting differently on Friday.

She also went out last night to some gala with her friends. Could’ve met someone new there.

Also we pretty much had sex the first date too so it wasn’t that.

How does one "pretty much" have sex? Were you using the Bill Clinton definition?
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,919

Post#810 » by F N 11 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 2:08 am

Yessir!!! I’m a constant here and I love this place.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
MetaKnick13
General Manager
And1: 343

Post#811 » by MetaKnick13 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 2:08 am

Joined back in January 2003 under this name, but I actually had another account that I started back in 2002. Holy ****, I have been posting here and reading here for 16 years.....
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 810

Post#812 » by NY2k1 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 2:16 am

Plenty of people have met their marriage/relationship partners through dating apps/sites.

It's no different than in real life. You'll most likely have to kiss a lot of frogs before you finally find what you're looking for. If you're expecting it to help you right away, then you will most likely be disappointed.
CowboyBebop
Starter
And1: 2,134

Re: OT: Leasing a ‘18 Honda Civic SI 

Post#813 » by CowboyBebop » Thu Mar 8, 2018 3:06 am

Handledatruth wrote:Buy your next car with cash. It's possible...

Looks like someone posted in the wrong thread :lol:
CowboyBebop wrote:Will Lebron be able to get warriors players suspended again so he has another chance to win this year? Or will he fail and get yet another loss on an already unimpressive finals record?
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#814 » by MP4LIFE » Thu Mar 8, 2018 3:20 am

CrazyKnicks wrote:OP, with online dating you need to learn to not care too much and take everything with a grain of salt. Like Mecca said below, a lot of these girls are indecisive and can confuse you. Just understand that and be skeptical. Unless things get serious with a girl, don't expect anything.

Happens to all of us though, sometimes you meet someone and you have a great first date, get excited about them and then end up wondering wtf happened. Had a girl find me on FB and hit me up a year later after going on one date with her and getting ghosted :lol:
Mecca wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Thank you, brother. I really appreciate you talking about the struggles of meeting a good girl, whether on or off the apps.

You’re right - you think you got something going and they dead you right then and there. Then it just feels like you wasted time and money for no reason, and you feel emotionally spent. You feel fooled because you put this effort in and you genuinely liked her but she never really did and just played a role until she got tired and moved on.

I don’t blame the girl at all. That’s life. You can’t force these things. I appreciate her being up front with me and I told her that I’m my last message. I can’t blame her - which sucks, because then you’re only left blaming yourself.

Word, I'm happy you made this thread because it's something that's been ticking me off for a minute. I honestly haven't heard of anyone have success from online dating and there's a reason for it. It makes them think that they have an entire smorgasbord of options at their disposal at all times so there's no reason to settle or make up your mind.

I think at the time they believe they're interested in you, but don't see it as anything other than speculation. This is especially true for girls that are 7+ out of 10, as they have a million matches and messages at all times.

I still online date, but in the Spring I'm going to change my approach. Concerts, yoga, marathons etc. as social meeting places. You know as well as myself that when you get older, you vaguely see attractive women at social events unless you're at a bar, thus these are high quality options.

For the online dating I suggest PickE app. Used it summer 16 when it was kinda new so I don't know how it is now and found the girls on there a bit more serious than Tinder/Bumble.

Thanks man.

I’ve been over it since the same night I posted this. It was just a reactionary thing.

But I will say...what a weird thread to move my thread into.
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,730

Re: OT: Leasing a ‘18 Honda Civic SI 

Post#815 » by Handledatruth » Thu Mar 8, 2018 3:27 am

CowboyBebop wrote:
Handledatruth wrote:Buy your next car with cash. It's possible...

Looks like someone posted in the wrong thread :lol:

Haha yea oops
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#816 » by Mecca » Thu Mar 8, 2018 4:52 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
CrazyKnicks wrote:OP, with online dating you need to learn to not care too much and take everything with a grain of salt. Like Mecca said below, a lot of these girls are indecisive and can confuse you. Just understand that and be skeptical. Unless things get serious with a girl, don't expect anything.

Mecca wrote:

Thanks man.

I’ve been over it since the same night I posted this. It was just a reactionary thing.

One of my friends just posted this on facebook. Interesting read.

https://www.chrisshepherd.org/yes-dating-market-broken/
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,619

Post#817 » by Lord Commander » Thu Mar 8, 2018 6:54 pm

Greenie wrote:
Lord Commander wrote:
Greenie wrote:The lies.
If a person doesn’t like you they just don’t like you. No need to play games. Move on and find someone that does like you.

We’ve already gotten past the baseline like/dislike. Question: what’s more appealing and interesting to you, a guy in your face expressing his feelings for you after two dates, or a guy who’s inaccessible and hard to figure out?

Neither.

Fair enough. :lol:
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,373
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#818 » by BKlutch » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:50 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:

Mecca wrote:

Thanks man.

You may never know what happened to the relationship, except that it didn't work.

It could have been the politics
It could have been she didn't want involvement. Maybe she had a boyfriend or even was married, or just wanted to hook up without any real intimacy at this time in her life.
It could have been the sex - but unless one parter is into unusual kinks or has serious troubles with sex, it's most often that you have different styles and didn't mesh. Often two people who are both considered very good lovers hook up and don't really enjoy one another - but each one finds it works well with many others.

There are too many different things going on that it's often hard to figure.

I once dated a really gorgeous woman who was into seeing me at least 3 times a week. This went on for almost 2 months until I was hospitalized for 10 days. When I got out, she would barely talk with me. Why? She said I ignored her when I was in the hospital. I had a really high fever and couldn't call for about 3 -4 days, and told my friends who visited to let her know. They told her, but it wasn't good enough for her. I figured I really dodged a bullet with that one.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#819 » by Jose7 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:34 am

Anyone recommend any good reads for real estate investing, 1031, rental properties?

thank you!
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,637

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#820 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:32 pm

If you like great and off the beaten path rock and roll, folk rock, 70s soul, and folk music, check out Don McGee's "Mixed Bag" show on 90.7 WFUV-FM Fordham University or stream it online. Saturdays from 4 to 8 p.m.

Also The Manny Moods of Ben Vaughan, Saturdays from 5-6, WXPN Univ. of Penn.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks