CB Marcus Peters Traded to Rams

Moderator: bwgood77

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,351

Re: CB Marcus Peters Traded to Rams 

Post#21 » by Revived » Fri Mar 9, 2018 1:12 pm

As a Chargers fan, I love this. Peters was phenomenal in the last match up with the Chargers which pretty much decided the Chargers playoffs fate.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#22 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:58 am

The rams
Sorely upgraded their C.B. need a guard and maybe another WR to make up Watkins loss
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#23 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:The rams
Sorely upgraded their C.B. need a guard and maybe another WR to make up Watkins loss

Woods - Kupp - Josh Reynolds is a solid 1/2/3, with Higbee and Everett also being solid pass-catching pieces. Think they'll add a WR in the draft, but thats it. And not a day 1/2 one either
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Post#24 » by bmurph128 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:30 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:The rams

I'm hoping for a vet WR just for depth. Woods missed some time this year and it was painful. It would be even more painful now if that happens again.

Hoping to add a G/C in the draft.

Still need a NT and MLB too.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#25 » by jonjames » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:44 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Agreed. Peters is overrated by many. Picks aside, he also is known for giving up big plays. Guy has worn out his welcome at every stop. LA will be no different. Big reason why only two teams showed any interest.

Advanced metrics would disagree with you.

And all of them have him as a better player than Trumaine Johnson, which makes this a great move and a no brainer for the Rams.

That's great. But, you gotta ask yourself, why would he be available? And why weren't more teams interested in him? :wink:

Chris Peterson (UW) didn't want him around (kicked him off the team). Even though he ended up being a 1st round talent.

The Chiefs just kicked him to the curb as well.

Kansas City gets a 2nd & a 4th. Not too bad for a player they no longer wanted. You do the math. :P

Welll this post looks silly now. Marcus Peters, a two time pro bowler and 1st team all pro, gets traded to the Rams and they go on to make their first Super Bowl appearance in 17 years.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,435

Post#26 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:01 am

jonjames wrote:Welll this post looks silly now. Marcus Peters, a two time pro bowler and 1st team all pro, gets traded to the Rams and they go on to make their first Super Bowl appearance in 17 years.

Sorry, but Peters played poorly most of the season. Especially when Talib was out. He struggled on many occasions. Likely his worst season as a Pro quite frankly. I don't think it can be debated either. The Rams made the Super Bowl in spite of Peters from my pov.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Post#27 » by bmurph128 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:48 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
jonjames wrote:Welll this post looks silly now. Marcus Peters, a two time pro bowler and 1st team all pro, gets traded to the Rams and they go on to make their first Super Bowl appearance in 17 years.

Sorry, but Peters played poorly most of the season. Especially when Talib was out. He struggled on many occasions. Likely his worst season as a Pro quite frankly. I don't think it can be debated either. The Rams made the Super Bowl in spite of Peters from my pov.

Yes and no. It's true he struggled badly with Talib out, but he also got hurt in the same game that Talib did - and honestly, having watched both injuries happen, I thought Peters was significantly hurt and that Talib wouldn't miss any time.

Peters got worked over by Theilen (four days after injury), Lockett and Thomas - Thomas was elite, and the Rams defense as a whole played completely below par against the Seahawks.

Aside from that, he played pretty well, and in the playoffs I'm not sure that he allowed more than one or two catches.

When Talib was in the lineup, I'm not sure Peters allowed very much at all.

Return to The General NFL Board