March Madness | NBA prospect watch

Moderators: Prez, Yuri Vaultin, ken6199, Dirk, Domejandro, bwgood77, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus, PockyCandy

User avatar
yoyoboy
RealGM
Posts: 10,451
And1: 12,356
Joined: Jan 29, 2015
Location: Cleveland - Lifelong
     

March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#1 » by yoyoboy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Is this allowed here? Sorry mods, I know there's an NCAA board but it's a ghost town over there and I figured more people would see this here.

Oklahoma currently up 4 on Rhode Island. Young is being swarmed out there but he's 4-4 from the field.
2016 NBA Champions.
User avatar
azcatz11
Head Coach
Posts: 6,419
And1: 7,129
Joined: Apr 13, 2017
Location: Phoenix

Re: Official March Madness Thread 

Post#2 » by azcatz11 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:18 pm

yoyoboy wrote:Is this allowed here? Sorry mods, I know there's an NCAA board but it's a ghost town over there and I figured more people would see this here.

Oklahoma currently up 4 on Rhode Island. Young is being swarmed out there but he's 4-4 from the field.


Hope this can stay up since no one goes on the NCAA board
User avatar
yoyoboy
RealGM
Posts: 10,451
And1: 12,356
Joined: Jan 29, 2015
Location: Cleveland - Lifelong
     

Re: Official March Madness Thread 

Post#3 » by yoyoboy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:33 pm

Young has no help, man. It'll be a shame if we only get to see him play one game in the tournament. I want to see him go up against Duke next round.
2016 NBA Champions.
User avatar
azcatz11
Head Coach
Posts: 6,419
And1: 7,129
Joined: Apr 13, 2017
Location: Phoenix

Re: Official March Madness Thread 

Post#4 » by azcatz11 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:43 pm

yoyoboy wrote:Young has no help, man. It'll be a shame if we only get to see him play one game in the tournament. I want to see him go up against Duke next round.


Mods moved it...FML
User avatar
yoyoboy
RealGM
Posts: 10,451
And1: 12,356
Joined: Jan 29, 2015
Location: Cleveland - Lifelong
     

Re: Official March Madness Thread 

Post#5 » by yoyoboy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:20 pm

Overtime!
2016 NBA Champions.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
Posts: 20,136
And1: 21,423
Joined: Dec 17, 2011

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#6 » by PierceFan4ever » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:29 pm

Am I crazy that I would think about drafting Young second after Ayton? I reallyyy like his game especially next level.
User avatar
yoyoboy
RealGM
Posts: 10,451
And1: 12,356
Joined: Jan 29, 2015
Location: Cleveland - Lifelong
     

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#7 » by yoyoboy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:30 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:Am I crazy that I would think about drafting Young second after Ayton? I reallyyy like his game especially next level.

Doncic shouldn't go outside the top 2. His game is perfect for the next level. I like Young a lot though.
2016 NBA Champions.
User avatar
yoyoboy
RealGM
Posts: 10,451
And1: 12,356
Joined: Jan 29, 2015
Location: Cleveland - Lifelong
     

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#8 » by yoyoboy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:31 pm

He needs to stop giving it to his teammates. They can't do anything.
2016 NBA Champions.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 60,048
And1: 33,237
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#9 » by bwgood77 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:31 pm

yoyoboy wrote:Is this allowed here? Sorry mods, I know there's an NCAA board but it's a ghost town over there and I figured more people would see this here.

Oklahoma currently up 4 on Rhode Island. Young is being swarmed out there but he's 4-4 from the field.


Yes, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who want to talk about March Madness and the NBA prospects and few people seem to know that forum is there.....but with the top prospects being watched and a bunch of NBA lottery teams jockeying for draft position, it definitely relates to a number of NBA team's future players....in a few months time.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 60,048
And1: 33,237
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#10 » by bwgood77 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:33 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:Am I crazy that I would think about drafting Young second after Ayton? I reallyyy like his game especially next level.


I'm sure many will call you crazy but no one knows. I'm high on him but I'm really high on Doncic too. I'd take Doncic 1 right now despite being an AZ fan and Phx needing a C.
User avatar
dukes_wild
RealGM
Posts: 13,887
And1: 49,340
Joined: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Etobicoke PC NATION
 

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#11 » by dukes_wild » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:36 pm

Bye Bye Trae
Image
Geddy wrote:You're probably scratching your balls and eating cheese puffs

Ice Trae wrote:Is it just me or does Derrick Rose look like Jean Claude Van Damme
User avatar
yoyoboy
RealGM
Posts: 10,451
And1: 12,356
Joined: Jan 29, 2015
Location: Cleveland - Lifelong
     

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#12 » by yoyoboy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:37 pm

Damn. That's game.
2016 NBA Champions.
User avatar
dukes_wild
RealGM
Posts: 13,887
And1: 49,340
Joined: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Etobicoke PC NATION
 

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#13 » by dukes_wild » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:38 pm

Shamelessly called in sick today to watch Duke
Image
Geddy wrote:You're probably scratching your balls and eating cheese puffs

Ice Trae wrote:Is it just me or does Derrick Rose look like Jean Claude Van Damme
User avatar
JXL
Head Coach
Posts: 6,147
And1: 4,952
Joined: Sep 01, 2013
Location: New York
Contact:
     

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#14 » by JXL » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:40 pm

There goes 2 of mhy brackets, but luckily I don't have Rhode Island doing anything past the 2nd round.
#SPIDAMITCHSZN

Image
User avatar
dukes_wild
RealGM
Posts: 13,887
And1: 49,340
Joined: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Etobicoke PC NATION
 

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#15 » by dukes_wild » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:42 pm

JXL wrote:There goes 2 of mhy brackets, but luckily I don't have Rhode Island doing anything past the 2nd round.

Feel like my bracket is good until the NC State/Seton Hall game
Image
Geddy wrote:You're probably scratching your balls and eating cheese puffs

Ice Trae wrote:Is it just me or does Derrick Rose look like Jean Claude Van Damme
User avatar
yoyoboy
RealGM
Posts: 10,451
And1: 12,356
Joined: Jan 29, 2015
Location: Cleveland - Lifelong
     

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#16 » by yoyoboy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:43 pm

His teammates went 1-11 from three, 9-16 from the line, and had 5 assists to 7 turnovers.

Every time he trusted them to do something with the ball they utterly failed. I think Young was pretty good today and I still have him high on my board. I don't even think LeBron would be able to take this Oklahoma group sans Young very far in the tournament.
2016 NBA Champions.
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 3,820
And1: 2,623
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#17 » by codydaze » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:55 pm

dukes_wild wrote:
JXL wrote:There goes 2 of mhy brackets, but luckily I don't have Rhode Island doing anything past the 2nd round.

Feel like my bracket is good until the NC State/Seton Hall game


NC State, SDSU and Miami are the only wins I have in today's games I'm questionable on. Alabama game should be good too but I think Bama should win that one.
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 3,820
And1: 2,623
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#18 » by codydaze » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:56 pm

yoyoboy wrote:His teammates went 1-11 from three, 9-16 from the line, and had 5 assists to 7 turnovers.

Every time he trusted them to do something with the ball they utterly failed. I think Young was pretty good today and I still have him high on my board. I don't even think LeBron would be able to take this Oklahoma group sans LeBron very far in the tournament.


Quite the hyperbole.
User avatar
yoyoboy
RealGM
Posts: 10,451
And1: 12,356
Joined: Jan 29, 2015
Location: Cleveland - Lifelong
     

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#19 » by yoyoboy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:02 pm

codydaze wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:His teammates went 1-11 from three, 9-16 from the line, and had 5 assists to 7 turnovers.

Every time he trusted them to do something with the ball they utterly failed. I think Young was pretty good today and I still have him high on my board. I don't even think LeBron would be able to take this Oklahoma group sans LeBron very far in the tournament.


Quite the hyperbole.

I meant to say sans Young. But the fact is in the very next round they would be facing a Duke team with 5 legitimate NBA players on the roster in Bagley, Carter (two top 10 picks), Gary Trent Jr, Trevon Duval, and Grayson Allen (probably first rounders). This Oklahoma team would've gotten absolutely beat down if they faced Duke next and so LeBron could probably do it, but it's not as easy as people would think.
2016 NBA Champions.
User avatar
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 3,820
And1: 2,623
Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
     

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#20 » by codydaze » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:05 pm

yoyoboy wrote:
codydaze wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:His teammates went 1-11 from three, 9-16 from the line, and had 5 assists to 7 turnovers.

Every time he trusted them to do something with the ball they utterly failed. I think Young was pretty good today and I still have him high on my board. I don't even think LeBron would be able to take this Oklahoma group sans LeBron very far in the tournament.


Quite the hyperbole.

I meant to say sans Young. But the fact is in the very next round they would be facing a Duke team with 5 legitimate NBA players on the roster in Bagley, Carter (two top 10 picks), Gary Trent Jr, Trevon Duval, and Grayson Allen (probably first rounders). This Oklahoma team would've gotten absolutely beat down if they faced Duke next and so LeBron could probably do it, but it's not as easy as people would think.


Yeah, I got you meant sans Young but I feel like even an 18 year old Lebron would have dragged any team to the Final Four at least. He's so head and shoulders above everyone else, I mean he averaged 20 points per game his rookie year, he would have been putting up legendary numbers in the NCAA.

Return to The General Board