ImageImageImageImageImage

2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Who's Your Daddy?!

Capn'O
35%
DK
6%
KoC
3%
NLR
6%
GONYK
15%
Moocow
12%
Remi
6%
KT
15%
Thorn
No votes
Thugger
3%

Total votes: 34

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,826

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1681 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:09 am

Rozier, Frank, Rookie, KP, Looney
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

Post#1682 » by bleedblue3303 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:37 pm

What are your thoughts on Dante Exum. I know he's had a rough injury history. But is FA next year. is he worth the gamble.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#1683 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:04 pm

If we get stuck at nine and all the target guys are gone maybe we trade back with Philly for LA’s pick and Richaun Holmes? We need an athletic big man. Richaun is severely underused in Philly as Embiid’s part time back up. He’s only 23 and in the games I’ve seen him play he always seemed like a versatile live body. That Memphis game where JaMychal Green and those dudes were dunking all over our heads, still burns me. We need some athleticism up front as bad as we need anything else.

And as I write this I realize how bad we need to hit at this draft.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#1684 » by Marty McFly » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:07 pm

I'm so **** mad right now. penny got hired to coach the memphis tigers. i wanted the knicks to hire him as a development coach/heir apparent to the HC position. ****
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#1685 » by Marty McFly » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:09 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:What are your thoughts on Dante Exum. I know he's had a rough injury history. But is FA next year. is he worth the gamble.

I was a big fan of exum coming out of the draft. He's just 22 years old. I'd totally take a flyer on him.

https://streamable.com/bspyu
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#1686 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:10 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:What are your thoughts on Dante Exum. I know he's had a rough injury history. But is FA next year. is he worth the gamble.

Right before he got hurt he was starting to come around in summer league. I think they envision he and SpiderMitch as the nightmare matchup backcourt of the future. That’s why, and you’ll hate this, is go for Malik Monk and look to grow we and Frank together. Watching him struggle two things stand out about Monk. His shot is effortless. He’s been off but I think he’ll recalibrate his gun before it’s all said and done. And he’s actually a very good passer for a volume shooting guy. It’s be a poor man’s inverted version of Donovan Mitchell/Dante Exum or at least what they were supposed to be in theory.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

Post#1687 » by bleedblue3303 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:09 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:

Right before he got hurt he was starting to come around in summer league. I think they envision he and SpiderMitch as the nightmare matchup backcourt of the future. That’s why, and you’ll hate this, is go for Malik Monk and look to grow we and Frank together. Watching him struggle two things stand out about Monk. His shot is effortless. He’s been off but I think he’ll recalibrate his gun before it’s all said and done. And he’s actually a very good passer for a volume shooting guy. It’s be a poor man’s inverted version of Donovan Mitchell/Dante Exum or at least what they were supposed to be in theory.

why hate it? if we can get Monk on the cheap why not!

Here players i would like to see us bring in for peanuts
Exum
Mario Hezonija I really want us to get Dante and Mario

Cabloco
Christian Woods
Lucas Nogueira
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Re: Julius Randle 

Post#1688 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:15 pm

GettinitDone wrote:He's improving, perfect inside-outside combo with KP? Poor man's Charles Barkley, but could be an All Star one day. Young, hungry player, and potentially cheap, and good player to build around. Should we target him in FA?

Randle would be great, but that messes up our last year of possible tanking. Hypothetical we draft Mikial Bridges, via some voodoo we get to sign Randle, we could potentially have another 30 win team on our hands. Just take that cap space, put it in a to-go bag and revisit FA on 2019.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
FemaleDogPlease
Veteran
And1: 1,473

Post#1689 » by FemaleDogPlease » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:12 pm

Knicks need to some insurance for KP. Id sign Randle this summer. Still young and talented.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#1690 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:48 pm

Knicks on the road to nowhere, still no 'process' to see.

Whether they liked it or not, in Philadelphia, 76ers’ fans could sit through the slog of awful seasons and believe, because there was a process. It may have been a slogan, a marketing campaign, but it was apparent to all with a glance at the standings.

And that is the thing. To “Trust the process,” you have to believe there is a process.

Which brings us to the Knicks and the alarming notion, the one that is the most depressing thing that the fan base can hear. The team isn’t exactly asking you to trust the process, but instead trust that there is a process.

That’s a leap of faith right now.

Let’s take the most optimistic angle on the place that the Knicks find themselves right now. There is a roster nearly barren of talent that you could imagine being part of a contending team. You have Kristaps Porzingis, who is rehabbing from a torn ACL which will sideline him for about a year, well into next season.

And that’s it. You have one player you believe in and that player is rehabbing from a major injury that no matter how hard you believe, could dim his once unicorn status. After that, where is the next building block?

Maybe it’s not that there isn’t a process. It’s just that the Knicks are in the tear down. That’s understandable after the wreckage Phil Jackson inflicted upon the organization in his tenure as team president. When the new regime took charge last summer they pointed to Porzingis, Frank Ntilikina - the latest lottery pick, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Willy Hernangomez as the foundation.

As they hobble into the offseason, another 50-loss season - this will be four straight if you’re counting - it’s worth asking, what does the process look like at Madison Square Garden? Those foundation pieces that team president Steve Mills and general manager Scott Perry looked at last summer, what has become of them?

Porzingis is recovering, promising to come back stronger than ever but really a question mark. Hernangomez was tossed aside, benched much of the season and dealt away for a pair of future second-round picks. Hardaway posted a career-high 39 points Friday in another loss and has been exactly what the skeptics would have predicted when he was handed a four-year, $71 million deal to return from Atlanta, where Jackson had traded him away, a streaky scorer who does little to contribute to winning.

And perhaps most troubling, Ntilikina is in some odd limbo. The going away present from Jackson, Ntilikina comes bound with the inevitable comparisons to the players that they passed on while letting him make the pick just days before he was fired. But whatever potential the 19-year-old comes with, it is accompanied by the nagging reality of this: Just when have you seen this organization develop anyone to their potential?

With a season long lost, the Knicks are stumbling to the finish with no hint of a plan of how this will ever get better. While Mills has maintained that he, Perry and Jeff Hornacek are in this together, it’s hard to figure just where this is going. Hornacek seems unlikely to return next season, but he is tasked with growing this base of a rebuild. And mostly what surfaces is confusion.

While Ntilikina is still awaiting his first turn in the starting lineup, Trey Burke ascended from the G-League and took away minutes and Emmanuel Mudiay was obtained at the trade deadline and handed the starting point guard job. His performance has reinforced why the Nuggets gave up on him, a conclusion that finally seemed to dawn on the Knicks when he was pulled from the game five minutes in Friday and never returned. Ntilikina and Burke started the second half and Hornacek would give no clue what was next, to the media or the players.

“I don’t know. That’s something you gotta ask him,” Mudiay said afterward. “I’m only going to control what I can control. Whatever he said to y’all, I guess that’s what he was seeing or feeling. … (if there is a change) that’s on him. Whatever he wants to do. That’s out of my control. Those guys were playing great today. So that’s about it.”

The question isn’t really who is starting Sunday in Washington. It’s where does this all lead? Is anyone developing Ntilikina? Is Mudiay going to get better in New York, fill in the blanks that he couldn’t solve in Denver?

What’s the process?

The Knicks dumped Porzingis' favored developmental coach. What you see in Hornacek now is a coach frustrated, left to deal with confrontations with Joakim Noah first and in a too visible to cameras episode with Kyle O'Quinn on Friday.

The Sixers made mistakes along their path. Nerlens Noel. Jahlil Okafor. It’s a natural part of any decision-making process by a front office. Maybe Ntilikina will be one of those in the Knicks’ plans, or maybe the franchise will get him to where he needs to be to be one of those foundation pieces.

He’s still young, missed out on summer league and most of preseason and needs time to grow. Or maybe he’s another miss. And the problem if he - or the next lottery pick - don’t pan out, if they turn out to be Noel or Okafor, is that it’s hard to see the Joel Embiid or Ben Simmons on the roster right now.

If you asked the Knicks front office to name the four foundational pieces right now, what would the answer be? Can you name four? Three? Two? Really, can you see one sure thing in place? And even the draft pick chase seems bound for mediocrity unless the NBA wants to put a ping pong fix in place - the Knicks currently sitting in ninth place among the tank race to the bottom.

So as the season grinds to another disappointing ending, the question remains. It’s not do you trust the process? It is, do you see a process?
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1691 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:53 pm

^^ I hope that was an article, cause if it wasn't, my god, take a break.

This team needs talent and coaching. Really that simple. I think they have a plan to get talent, their trades and d-league callups prove the know they need talent. The coaching is tbd.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#1692 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:29 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:^^ I hope that was an article, cause if it wasn't, my god, take a break.

This team needs talent and coaching. Really that simple. I think they have a plan to get talent, their trades and d-league callups prove the know they need talent. The coaching is tbd.

Hahahaha definitely was a article.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#1693 » by Blockwatcher » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:38 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:He's improving, perfect inside-outside combo with KP? Poor man's Charles Barkley, but could be an All Star one day. Young, hungry player, and potentially cheap, and good player to build around. Should we target him in FA?

Randle would be great, but that messes up our last year of possible tanking. Hypothetical we draft Mikial Bridges, via some voodoo we get to sign Randle, we could potentially have another 30 win team on our hands. Just take that cap space, put it in a to-go bag and revisit FA on 2019.

And what if we trade next years pick in order to move up and get Doncic?
1 John 2 : 15-17
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#1694 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:21 pm

Blockwatcher wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

And what if we trade next years pick in order to move up and get Doncic?

That would be scary.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1695 » by dakomish23 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:24 pm

https://www.atthehive.com/2018/1/23/16910730/feature-treveon-graham-is-rising-to-the-occasion

Article on a possible low key target - Treveon Graham. Nice 3&D potential as a bench piece.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,068

Post#1696 » by Capn'O » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:24 pm

The Celtics have too many forwards. They need to shut up and trade Jaylen Brown to us.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1697 » by dakomish23 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Haven’t watched him much, but I heard the defense is solid. The few times I did watch him, he ran the PnR pretty well.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
FemaleDogPlease
Veteran

Post#1698 » by FemaleDogPlease » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:01 am

Isiah Thomas on a 1 yr deal would be nice. Assuming we don't draft a PG.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,612

Post#1699 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:03 am

FemaleDogPlease wrote:Isiah Thomas on a 1 yr deal would be nice. Assuming we don't draft a PG.

we have burke they do about the same thing
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
FemaleDogPlease
Veteran

Post#1700 » by FemaleDogPlease » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:27 am

mpharris36 wrote:
FemaleDogPlease wrote:Isiah Thomas on a 1 yr deal would be nice. Assuming we don't draft a PG.

we have burke they do about the same thing

Thomas is better than Burke though.

Return to New York Knicks