Re: Zach LaVine Not Stressed About Free Agency

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Zach LaVine Not Stressed About Free Agency 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:24 pm

The Chicago Bulls have been confident they will re-sign Zach LaVine in restricted free agency.

LaVine was asked if he believes he's worth a max contract.

“There are things you work for,” LaVine said. “Max players are top of the line. There are a lot of dudes in the NBA who haven’t been top of the line because of money situations or the cap is bigger or a weird offseason.

“You are what you’re worth. Obviously, you can’t say no to getting one. I see myself being an elite player in this league. I’m going to work for that every day until I get there.”

LaVine is represented by Bill Duffy.

“There’s a lot that goes into it,” LaVine said. “The agency and front office, they’re both trying to get the better of each (other), but I think this situation is a little bit different because there’s mutual respect on both sides and understanding. There’s no bad blood between us, so I think everything will go smoothly.

“I’m not stressed at all. Whatever the number is or terms they’re going to come to, it will happen. That’s why I have great agents. And we have respect, communication and understanding with the front office (so) we’ll let that work itself out.

“I can’t let it get to me. It’s not going to. I have to prepare myself for next year and be ready to take on a bigger role and help the team get better.”

Via K.C. Johnson/Chicago Tribune

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#2 » by dice » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:36 pm

jesus christ. max contract? what planet is this? his game is not worth the MLE at this stage. he was a solid scorer last season prior to injury but has otherwise been a D-league performer on his career

I would be relieved if the bulls just cut him right now
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#3 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:16 pm

He is getting paid. Might as well get used to the idea. Won't be any where near a max though.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Re: Zach LaVine Not Stressed About Free Agency 

Post#4 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:11 pm

Considering his numbers last year, and if teams think his knee is not a problem, it's totally possible some team would throw a Otto Porter type offer sheet his way.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#5 » by PeoplesChamp » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:48 pm

Why should he be stressed about becoming rich?
chrispatrick
Starter
And1: 1,261

Post#6 » by chrispatrick » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:21 am

As a Bulls fan, I'd feel much better if LaVine were stressed about free agency because we weren't offering him anything.

Certainly not all Bulls fans share my view, but it seems to me that LaVine would be hard pressed to have compiled more horrific advanced stats than he has over his 4 year career.

That said, I fully expect the Bulls to sign him to a large and undeserved contract rather than looking at the Butler trade and just being happy with Markannen and viewing LaVine as the sunk cost that he is.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#7 » by cheese318 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:57 am

With so few teams having cap space I’m curious where the max money comes from if not the bulls. What if he gets $12-$15mm on 2-3 year deal with ETO and he can reevaluate a new deal at max levels bat that point in time. That’s the future I see for him but he has to stay on the court for all this to work longterm
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#8 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:00 pm

Probably be a Laker if they are desperate to get a feel good story line g they are not getting anyone proven at least anyone they cleared all that cap for
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to Wiretap Discussion