March Madness | NBA prospect watch

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Re: March Madness | NBA prospect watch 

Post#301 » by NBAFan93 » Mon Apr 2, 2018 4:22 pm

So this guy can’t even win a single tournament game (after taking a 100K payoff to boot) and he’s comparing himself to Shaq :/...

Read on Twitter
711takeover
Veteran
And1: 2,135

Post#302 » by 711takeover » Mon Apr 2, 2018 5:10 pm

NBAFan93 wrote:So this guy can’t even win a single tournament game (after taking a 100K payoff to boot) and he’s comparing himself to Shaq :/...

Read on Twitter

He's actually comparing the styles of play, with the inside-out tandem of Ayton and Booker to Shaq and Kobe. Obviously, neither are at that level but it's just the style of play he seems to be comparing.

Ayton had a great season - one of the best for big man college freshman in awhile. No need to knock him for one game where he had a double double
711takeover
Veteran

Post#303 » by 711takeover » Mon Apr 2, 2018 5:14 pm

clyde21 wrote:
The Regime wrote:
Froob wrote:Where do you guys see Grayson Allen landing in the draft?

I'd be surprised if he got taken in the first round. Don't see his skillset translating at the next level.

He's actually a PERFECT player to take late in the first. Can contribute immediately, and actually has a well diversified skill set.

I can see Boston taking him with their pick with Marcus Smart leaving in FA this summer. Really good compliment coming off the bench for Irving/Brown/Rozier.

Really doubt he can contribute right away. He was solid but inconsistent this year.

In ACC play, he shot 37.6% FG and 29.9% 3PT. That's putrid.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#304 » by Stillwater » Mon Apr 2, 2018 5:15 pm

^^^Ayton wants to be the #1 pick and expects to be so with Phoenix sitting there prime for the spot , of course he will come up with some bs and he did play for Zona so that also comes as no surprise. Yeah I think the confidence in ref to the shaq comp is not necessarily that far fetched as far as potential impact on the game long term, but that obviously won't likely be the case if he does end up in Phoenix because Booker is no Kobe and Ayton is not yet proven as a pro level defender.
Wouldn't be shocked if Doncic went #1 to Phoenix or Memphis the 2 most likely teams in that spot over Ayton though given his ability to play 1-4 and is best with the ball in his hands and a perfect modern nba pg at 6'8"
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Post#305 » by clyde21 » Mon Apr 2, 2018 5:16 pm

711takeover wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
The Regime wrote:
I'd be surprised if he got taken in the first round. Don't see his skillset translating at the next level.

He's actually a PERFECT player to take late in the first. Can contribute immediately, and actually has a well diversified skill set.

I can see Boston taking him with their pick with Marcus Smart leaving in FA this summer. Really good compliment coming off the bench for Irving/Brown/Rozier.

Really doubt he can contribute right away. He was solid but inconsistent this year.

Dude shot 38% from 3 and 44% from the field for his career. I'll take the larger sample size every day.

He's a versatile, smart player than can contribute in many ways. I don't see how he doesn't get taken in the first round by a playoff team looking to get a guy that can play right away.

Like I said, he'd be perfect off the bench for Boston to rotate in with Rozier. I can definitely see that pick happening.
711takeover
Veteran

Post#306 » by 711takeover » Mon Apr 2, 2018 5:19 pm

clyde21 wrote:
711takeover wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Dude shot 38% from 3 and 44% from the field for his career. I'll take the larger sample size every day.

He's a versatile, smart player than can contribute in many ways. I don't see how he doesn't get taken in the first round by a playoff team looking to get a guy that can play right away.

Like I said, he's be perfect off the bench for Boston to rotate in with Rozier. I can definitely see that pick happening.

Had a terrible junior year and a solid 3rd team all acc year this year. I watched almost every Duke game and just don't see him as a contributing NBA player. I'm very skeptical he can contribute right away. He's not a deadeye shooter that he would need to be. He has flashes but isn't consistent enough. Maybe Warriors take him there at 29-30 but I don't know.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#307 » by clyde21 » Mon Apr 2, 2018 5:21 pm

711takeover wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
711takeover wrote:

Like I said, he's be perfect off the bench for Boston to rotate in with Rozier. I can definitely see that pick happening.

Had a terrible junior year and a solid 3rd team all acc year this year. I watched almost every Duke game and just don't see him as a contributing NBA player. I'm very skeptical he can contribute right away. He's not a deadeye shooter that he would need to be. He has flashes but isn't consistent enough. Maybe Warriors take him there at 29-30 but I don't know.

I'd be fine with that pick. He plays off-ball, can help guard both the 1 and 2, and even handle a little bit and hit open 3s. He'd be a huge boost to our rotation.
711takeover
Veteran

Post#308 » by 711takeover » Mon Apr 2, 2018 5:23 pm

clyde21 wrote:
711takeover wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I'd be fine with that pick. He plays off-ball, can help guard both the 1 and 2, and even handle a little bit and hit open 3s. He'd be a huge boost to our rotation.

Depends on the fit yeah. He has a trigger but had some games where he went like 4-12 or 2-10 from three, including his no show in NCAA tourney. Warriors or Rockets make sense fit wise but I feel like both teams might take a higher upside guy.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#309 » by clyde21 » Mon Apr 2, 2018 5:25 pm

711takeover wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
711takeover wrote:

Depends on the fit yeah. He has a trigger but had some games where he went like 4-12 or 2-10 from three, including his no show in NCAA tourney. Warriors or Rockets make sense fit wise but I feel like both teams might take a higher upside guy.

I'm not really sure what you're expecting out of a late first round pick. :-?

And no, not all teams want the higher upside guy. Some teams, especially ones competing for championships, sometimes want guys that have a high floor so that they can contribute immediately to their run, and don't necessarily want a low floor guy that's years away from contributing.

We're still waiting on Damian Jones to do anything at the NBA level.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#310 » by wco81 » Mon Apr 2, 2018 6:10 pm

Can Grayson Allen defend in the NBA?

With or without tripping opponents?
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,842

Post#311 » by DirtybirdGA » Tue Apr 3, 2018 12:37 am

A very slow night with the championship game on deck.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#312 » by Stillwater » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:10 am

Michigan heavy underdogs but I wouldn't be surprised if they run Nova off the 3 point line, whether it will be enough is doubtful but might at least make it interesting.
Wagner has a chance to solidify a late lottery draft spot with a big game and the victory.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
clyde21
RealGM

Post#313 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:18 am

Any thoughts on Jay Wright as an NBA coach?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#314 » by Revived » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:19 am

clyde21 wrote:
711takeover wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

He’d actually fit in perfectly in Golden State with Draymond and Pachulia. I think the system Kerr runs could benefit him also.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#315 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:20 am

Revived wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
711takeover wrote:

He’d actually fit in perfectly in Golden State with Draymond and Pachulia. I think the system Kerr runs could benefit him also.

Pachulia better not be back here next season or I'll find you.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#316 » by Revived » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:21 am

clyde21 wrote:Any thoughts on Jay Wright as an NBA coach?

I think the Suns will go after him again

https://www.vuhoops.com/platform/amp/2016/4/7/11386072/phoenix-suns-coaching-search-villanova-jay-wright-nba
clyde21
RealGM

Post#317 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:26 am

Moritz Wagner is a beast.
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#318 » by karkinos » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:44 am

love wagner's heart
Tigersrule
RealGM
And1: 7,543

Post#319 » by Tigersrule » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:50 am

That ginger for Villanova can play man....love his hustle and energy.
Tigersrule
RealGM
And1: 7,543

Post#320 » by Tigersrule » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:53 am

I dont see how NBA scouts like Bridges...or how people have him in the lottery. Dude looks slow, cant dribble for crap

Return to The General Board