ImageImageImageImageImage

OT any of you investing in Cryptocurrencies?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,164

Re: OT any of you investing in Cryptocurrencies? 

Post#1281 » by Garbagelo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:47 am

knuckles862 wrote:Any YouTube recommendations that teach you crypto investment strategies?

The strategy is to put in what you can afford to lose and buy when there is a bull market and sell when it looks like it is mooning every day.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,425

Post#1282 » by RHODEY » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:29 am

knuckles862 wrote:Any YouTube recommendations that teach you crypto investment strategies?

How about reddit?

Part 0 -

The intelligent Investors Guide to Cryptocurrency Part 0 - Explaining cryptocurrency to a moderately intelligent noob who knows nothing about it. https://np.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/7f28ja/the_intelligent_investors_guide_to_cryptocurrency/

Part 1 -

The intelligent investors guide to cryptocurrency: Part 1 - Sell your profits and make back the principle ASAP. https://np.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/699keg/the_intelligent_investors_guide_to_cryptocurrency/

Part 2 -

The intelligent investors guide to cryptocurrency: Part 2 - FOMO My friend, My enemy. Make fear of missing out, work for you. https://np.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/699kx8/the_intelligent_investors_guide_to_cryptocurrency/

Part 3a -

The intelligent investors guide to cryptocurrency: Part 3a - The value proposition https://np.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/699l95/the_intelligent_investors_guide_to_cryptocurrency/

Part 3b -

The intelligent investors guide to cryptocurrency: Part 3b - Pricing and liquidity https://np.reddit.com/r/particl/comments/699lme/the_intelligent_investors_guide_to_cryptocurrency/

Part 4 -

The intelligent investors guide to cryptocurrency: Part 4 - Sell the rumour, buy the news https://np.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/699lxj/the_intelligent_investors_guide_to_cryptocurrency/

Part 5 -

The intelligent investors guide to cryptocurrency: Part 5 - *Growth, Tribalism, Utility and Cryptocurrency: https://np.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/6pmqpw/the_intelligent_investors_guide_to_cryptocurrency/

Part 6 -

The Intelligent Investors Guide to Cryptocurrency: Part 6 - The easiest trading strategy you'll ever know versus the hardest one. https://np.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/7qfe10/the_intelligent_investors_guide_to_cryptocurrency/

Part 7a -

The Intelligent Investors Guide to Cryptocurrency: Part 7a - Do fundamentals exist in cryptocurrency? Yes they do. https://np.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/7ra0vg/the_intelligent_investors_guide_to_cryptocurrency/
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#1283 » by reub » Mon Apr 2, 2018 3:45 pm

I noticed that Bitcoin is down to $7000 today. How many of you still own crypto and how much money have you lost?
koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Post#1284 » by koogiking » Mon Apr 2, 2018 4:37 pm

I just bought $25 worth yesterday when it was 6,980ish

I probably own a few hundredish in various currencies. I withdrew a lot when it was still high (15000-19000) so I didn't really lose anything. I took out at least what I had originally invested so everything that's there is residual profits
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1285 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 2, 2018 5:57 pm

reub wrote:I noticed that Bitcoin is down to $7000 today. How many of you still own crypto and how much money have you lost?

Nothing but I started mid last year.
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#1286 » by fatalogic » Mon Apr 2, 2018 9:33 pm

reub wrote:I noticed that Bitcoin is down to $7000 today. How many of you still own crypto and how much money have you lost?

Still up but I got in about a year ago. I should have pulled out a lot sooner but I already got my initial investment back so I'm pretty much just playing with profit.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1287 » by Mecca » Mon Apr 2, 2018 10:16 pm

RHODEY wrote:

Rhodey, I got in a month before the crash. I'm planning on playing the long game since I probably lost a nice chunk already. Would you do the same in that situation? I know you got in earlier.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1288 » by RHODEY » Tue Apr 3, 2018 12:43 am

Mecca wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Rhodey, I got in a month before the crash. I'm planning on playing the long game since I probably lost a nice chunk already. Would you do the same in that situation? I know you got in earlier.

I believe so,but to tell you the truth Im not 100 percent sure. I had early success(mainly because everything made you money then)and in the following months I leveraged that success into learning how to research, which allowed me to take calculated risks and make major gains on a few microcaps like VIBEHUBE and PRL. So much so that even in this bear market Im still well into the green. If I started last month my RESOLVE would be much less unshakeable.

Now if I started only 1 month ago, but still had 10 months research behind me I might have :
Jumped into EOS -(almost bought some when it was just .40 cents :banghead: ) for my large cap pick
Bought some ONT - for my midcap pick
Bought some Zilliqa - platform pick
Take a chance on TEL - cause its so damn cheap right now
Take a chance on Spectiv (cause I'm big on VR)

Too bad I'm broke now :D , but yeah I'd still be in but my picks would be different and I'd probably take less chances on the small caps\ICOs than I did last year.

For example I bought some Electroneum ICO last year (and made 11x ), but ultimately jumped off because I did not really believe in them. Right now I would not take even that chance but would go for TEL -- (Who I do believe in).
ZKnicks
Junior
And1: 276

Post#1289 » by ZKnicks » Tue Apr 3, 2018 2:24 am

RHODEY wrote:Right now I would not take even that chance but would go for TEL -- (Who I do believe in).

Finally, someone else is with me! I've mentioned TEL a few times in this thread and all I got was crickets.
I'm down about 60% across the board and it hurts. Some like DBC and UTK I'm down 80%. Not going to sell anything and just hold. It makes 0 sense to sell at this point in time.
TEL has grown to be over 40% of my portfolio over the last few months. Id say in the last 6 weeks it is the only one I've been putting money into. For the price, I believe it is the best deal in crypto. The vision, the team, the real world application...everything about it screams winner to me. If TEL ever hits .10 even I will be very very happy. I honestly think in a few years it could be over .50 though
:pray: :pray: :pray:
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1290 » by RHODEY » Tue Apr 3, 2018 3:38 am

ZKnicks wrote:
RHODEY wrote:Right now I would not take even that chance but would go for TEL -- (Who I do believe in).

Finally, someone else is with me! I've mentioned TEL a few times in this thread and all I got was crickets.
I'm down about 60% across the board and it hurts. Some like DBC and UTK I'm down 80%. Not going to sell anything and just hold. It makes 0 sense to sell at this point in time.
TEL has grown to be over 40% of my portfolio over the last few months. Id say in the last 6 weeks it is the only one I've been putting money into. For the price, I believe it is the best deal in crypto. The vision, the team, the real world application...everything about it screams winner to me. If TEL ever hits .10 even I will be very very happy. I honestly think in a few years it could be over .50 though
:pray: :pray: :pray:

I look for the crickets then you now you got in early ....Vibe had crickets and so did PRL :) . Yeah TEL is everything (and more) ETN pretends to be. Its practically free now, but it wont be when the market comes back and they get added to some legit exchanges.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,354

Post#1291 » by robillionaire » Tue Apr 3, 2018 4:08 am

Still quite comfy in EOS. good luck in the bear market everyone
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#1292 » by earthmansurfer » Tue Apr 3, 2018 8:16 am

If we can get through 8k, then things look fairly good. But we broke support and have looked weak lately, for weeks. I don't want it, but it looks like we can head back down to 6k, perhaps even 4k (though I don't think we would spend much time down there.)

To confound things, the stock markets are weak and volatile, the crypt markets are not mature enough yet to handle a stock market crash. IF they go, we go.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,411
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1293 » by E-Balla » Tue Apr 3, 2018 2:24 pm

I do but I got in so early I'm still up a grand.
Jump Shot
Analyst
And1: 971

Post#1294 » by Jump Shot » Wed Apr 4, 2018 10:04 am

I have about $5 in Bitcoin and Ethereum combined. I have 1 litecoin, which I bought when it was almost at it's peak.

I'm in the red.
Starks
Veteran
And1: 408

Post#1295 » by Starks » Wed Apr 4, 2018 3:18 pm

I'm that idiot who got it completely wrong.

I've stayed on the fence when Bitcoin/Ethereum was skyrocketing, thinking it could go down the next minute. After seeing it rise for a few months, I finally decided to bank on it, maybe sell a few days later and make some easy money. Put aside a couple thou, bought some Ether.

Literally the day after I acquired the goods, it crashed.

Mind you, I could have sold it immediately, but I thought I couldn't be THAT unlucky and it would resume its climb shortly after. Plus there was the fees, so I held on to it.

Now I'm stuck hoping it gets better, I keep reading positive projections for Ether price in 2018 but in the meantime it's still falling.
FML
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1296 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Apr 4, 2018 3:21 pm

Garbagelo wrote:

The strategy is to put in what you can afford to lose and buy when there is a bull market and sell when it looks like it is mooning every day.

I think you mean buy low which would be a bear market not bull
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1297 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Apr 4, 2018 3:37 pm

My **** still sitting in my nano. I invested what I could afford to lose. So Im good Money.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#1298 » by ITGM » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:41 am

Shoutout to my fellow Verge investors. Ride the hype, sell the news!
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#1299 » by ITGM » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 am

Damn Ontology is killing it! Unfortunately, I wouldn't dare get in at these prices. I'll wait for the correction.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1300 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Are the bulls back?

Return to New York Knicks