Toronto FC Discussion Thread II

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Re: Toronto FC Discussion Thread II 

Post#1101 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:16 pm

And1Skip wrote:Man, I don't watch soccer that much other than TFC, but that sucks to be a defender like Van der Wiel with the handball. It's like he tapes his hand to try to avoid situations like that..but there was no avoiding that. Can't believe that's a penalty.

And, wow, I'm loving Auro's game. In basketball we talk about bball IQ, but man this kid has so much soccer IQ on both sides! He's looking good on the left side too as he seems to connect with Seba well with those long lead passes. He defends with swagger too. Love it!

It was a weak call on the hand ball. I'm just glad it dodn't completely change the outcome. Refs in CONCACAF are way worse than the NBA.
azorian
Veteran
And1: 1,660

Post#1102 » by azorian » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:39 pm

My bad I meant to write 40k. An extra 10k red fans would make it unbearably loud especially with how they've built their stadium.

Hopefully the Jozy will be more of an impact. It was amazing to see the speed of those players compared to ours.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,742

Post#1103 » by And1Skip » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:45 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
And1Skip wrote:Man, I don't watch soccer that much other than TFC, but that sucks to be a defender like Van der Wiel with the handball. It's like he tapes his hand to try to avoid situations like that..but there was no avoiding that. Can't believe that's a penalty.

And, wow, I'm loving Auro's game. In basketball we talk about bball IQ, but man this kid has so much soccer IQ on both sides! He's looking good on the left side too as he seems to connect with Seba well with those long lead passes. He defends with swagger too. Love it!

It was a weak call on the hand ball. I'm just glad it dodn't completely change the outcome. Refs in CONCACAF are way worse than the NBA.

The refs were actually good until that point though letting go on a lot of fouls that Tigres were trying to sell (and I wouldn't know this if it wasn't for the great analysis from Caldwell - can't say enough about this great broadcasting team with Wileman). I was actually surprised (although I may be biased.. .maybe in the Own Goal, Seba could have been offside that they didnt call?). So that's good to know..but I'm sure CONCACAF refs are no worse than MLS refs..
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1104 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:49 pm

Montreal Impact vs. Toronto FC
2018 MLS Regular Season – Week 3
Olympic Stadium - Montreal
3:00 pm ET – March 17, 2018
WATCH: CTV, TSN4, TVAS in Canada

Game available on CTV at 3pm. TFC needs a regular season win to get on track for the year.
RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,799

Post#1105 » by RyderMike » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:06 pm

And1Skip wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:

The refs were actually good until that point though letting go on a lot of fouls that Tigres were trying to sell (and I wouldn't know this if it wasn't for the great analysis from Caldwell - can't say enough about this great broadcasting team with Wileman). I was actually surprised (although I may be biased.. .maybe in the Own Goal, Seba could have been offside that they didnt call?). So that's good to know..but I'm sure CONCACAF refs are no worse than MLS refs..

Yeah, I found the ref to be very good, especially compared to what I've seen with Concacaf. While, we all agree that the hand ball was a weak call, part of me thinks that the ref gave it, knowing that it was so late that it would be essentially meaningless, since Tigres wouldn't have time to score another (he blew the whistle 30 seconds later), this way they could come out with a 'win' and less hatred from the fans, but TFC still advanced.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,210

Post#1106 » by LLJ » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:35 pm

TFC's heads still in the CONCACAF. They may not wake up for these early season MLS games until CONCACAF is over.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1107 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:35 pm

Club América vs. Toronto FC
2018 Concacaf Champions League – Semifinals, Leg 2
Estadio Azteca - Mexico City
10 pm ET – April 10, 2018
WATCH: TSN 1 & 4

After taking a contentious first leg of the Concacaf Champions League semifinals, 3-1, Toronto FC faces the ultimate test Tuesday night – taking on Club América at the cathedral of Mexican soccer, Estadio Azteca.

The first leg had a bit of everything – a debated penalty decision converted by Sebastian Giovinco, a sensational equalizer by Andres Ibarguen, another massive goal by Jozy Altidore and a somewhat surprising insurance tally by Ashtone Morgan.

Oh yeah, and another BMO halftime tunnel tussle, which resulted in fines levied against both sides by Concacaf, and wild post-match accusations by both managers.

This could go down as one of the best games in TFC history... or like many MLS teams playing in Azteca... It could be a complete disaster.

Who's watching tonight? 10PM, TSN.
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,695

Post#1108 » by binjumper » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:30 pm

I am in as always
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,850

Post#1109 » by rocky_da_best » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:10 pm

Went to HS with Ashtone. Good to see him get some love. Even though were up 3-1 I'm still not comfortable. The last collapse in Mexico has me worried. 2 goals at the Azteca is nothing for Club America. We need our best defensive display in a while to see this one through.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,743

Post#1110 » by metafisical » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:59 pm

I am hoping for the best. They have already exceeded expectations for me. Anything more is gravy.

If TFC wins tonight, I will buy everyone some free air.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
azorian
Veteran
And1: 1,660

Post#1111 » by azorian » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 pm

After watching Roma earlier anything is possible. /kevingarnett

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1112 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:06 am

Kick off in two hours. TSN.

Can't wait!
Inklink
RealGM
And1: 19,214

Post#1113 » by Inklink » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:08 am

Fully expecting feeble refs succumbing to booing and whistling fans in Mexico. Along with some dirty diving .
For lease.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#1114 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:46 am

Inklink wrote:Fully expecting feeble refs succumbing to booing and whistling fans in Mexico. Along with some dirty diving .
concacaf refs can't be trusted in big games.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1115 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:29 am

What a start for TFC!
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1116 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:37 am

RaptorsNorth wrote:
Inklink wrote:Fully expecting feeble refs succumbing to booing and whistling fans in Mexico. Along with some dirty diving .
concacaf refs can't be trusted in big games.

Refs are not from CONCACAF tonight.
RaptorHooter
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,184

Post#1117 » by RaptorHooter » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:45 am

I'm nervous, we need more goals.
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#1118 » by T-d0t » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:04 am

Fully expecting a couple red cards to be handed out in the 2nd half
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,743

Post#1119 » by metafisical » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:06 am

TFC wins 1-1. Overall 4-2 aggregate. Guadalajara next!
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#1120 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:09 am

Man I'm still pissed at hasler missing that sitter smh how do you miss the goal from there. Just terrible composer.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:

Return to Major League Soccer