ImageImageImageImageImage

OT any of you investing in Cryptocurrencies?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Re: OT any of you investing in Cryptocurrencies? 

Post#1301 » by earthmansurfer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:37 am

Curious how many of you guys know about Steemit, or even that business model for that matter.
I haven't given it much thought, but with the recent CLEAR evidence of censorship on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google, Youtube, etc., Steemit is growing.

Consider that Bitcoin secures its network via mining. And some other coins (e.g. Pivx) use Proof of Stake (POS). Steemit has mining but when users post and get upvoted, they are also getting rewarded. It is actually a brilliant way of "securing the network", so to speak.

Youtube has a great platform. They act as the middle man and connect users with advertisers. But you really need a ton of views to make money and then there is the censorship problem, secret algorithms, etc.

These truly neutral platforms are going to rock social media like the internet rocked information, communication, etc. True value, most of the corporation removed.

This type of platform (and there are more), are probably going to take a huge portion of the privatised business from the above mentioned platforms, in time. I'm not sure about the inflation rates, but as a way to take control of our "data" again, I think the model is promising. So, we can actually make money to post, create videos (Steemit too), etc.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#1302 » by RHODEY » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:07 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:Curious how many of you guys know about Steemit, or even that business model for that matter.
I haven't given it much thought, but with the recent CLEAR evidence of censorship on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google, Youtube, etc., Steemit is growing.

Consider that Bitcoin secures its network via mining. And some other coins (e.g. Pivx) use Proof of Stake (POS). Steemit has mining but when users post and get upvoted, they are also getting rewarded. It is actually a brilliant way of "securing the network", so to speak.

Youtube has a great platform. They act as the middle man and connect users with advertisers. But you really need a ton of views to make money and then there is the censorship problem, secret algorithms, etc.

These truly neutral platforms are going to rock social media like the internet rocked information, communication, etc. True value, most of the corporation removed.

This type of platform (and there are more), are probably going to take a huge portion of the privatised business from the above mentioned platforms, in time. I'm not sure about the inflation rates, but as a way to take control of our "data" again, I think the model is promising. So, we can actually make money to post, create videos (Steemit too), etc.

Fiscally speaking, YouTube is a great platform for...YouTube. But content providers get the shaft when it comes to censorship and advertising revenue. I think ultimately social media will shift towards a decentralized model, but it may take a while. There are emerging social media companies on the blockchain that intend to directly reward the content providers for ad revenue and viewers for watching those ads - all while cutting out the middle man .

Its the way of the future IMO . Will Steemit be the in the fore front of that ? Perhaps? Steemit was one of the first Crypto I bought, but I dumped it many month ago. I Still like the idea. Since I'm into VR , I've invested in Spectiv (SIGS) - they basically want to be a decentralized VR verson of youtube - using the advertising reward system I spoke about . I also took a stab at ONG - another social media platform on the blockchain.
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#1303 » by IAmTheBest » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:00 pm

have my buy orders for btc laddered from 2k-3k
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#1304 » by Garbagelo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:47 am

ITGM wrote:Image

Shoutout to my fellow Verge investors. Ride the hype, sell the news!

It's time
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#1305 » by ITGM » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:04 am

Garbagelo wrote:
ITGM wrote:Image

Shoutout to my fellow Verge investors. Ride the hype, sell the news!

It's time

I rode the Verge hype to .09 and jumped on ADA at .24.

earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant

Post#1306 » by earthmansurfer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:10 am

IAmTheBest wrote:have my buy orders for btc laddered from 2k-3k

It might really get there. But if it does, I have a feeling a lot of the big money is going to just pour in (not out).
I'm hoping we can bottom at 6k or so, but I have some buy powder ready. 8-)
ITGM
RealGM

Post#1307 » by ITGM » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:56 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:

It might really get there. But if it does, I have a feeling a lot of the big money is going to just pour in (not out).

IMO, you should've been Dollar-cost averaging your position into Bitcoin during the recent dip.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,845

Post#1308 » by robillionaire » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:07 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:Curious how many of you guys know about Steemit, or even that business model for that matter.

Of course I do, that's why I'm in EOS. Dan Larimer is that dude
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,845

Post#1309 » by robillionaire » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:08 pm

ITGM wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

IMO, you should've been Dollar-cost averaging your position into Bitcoin during the recent dip.

I tend to agree with this, because I did this. But I'm bullish so.... :lol:

Hope we're right
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant

Post#1310 » by earthmansurfer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:32 pm

ITGM wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

I got in in 2013.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant

Post#1311 » by earthmansurfer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:35 pm

robillionaire wrote:

Of course I do, that's why I'm in EOS. Dan Larimer is that dude

Agreed. LOVE EOS.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1312 » by RHODEY » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:03 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
ITGM wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

I got in in 2013.

Wow....I wish
ITGM
RealGM

Post#1313 » by ITGM » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:49 am

earthmansurfer wrote:
ITGM wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

I got in in 2013.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#1314 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:28 am

Are you guys making money off this? I was thinking maybe I should start boning up on this but it may be too late for me.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant

Post#1315 » by earthmansurfer » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:53 am

RHODEY wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
ITGM wrote:

I got in in 2013.

Wow....I wish

The almost sad part is I heard of Bitcoin when it was 50 CENTS. I was going to buy a few thousand at $1 but when I went online and searched I found out I had to send money to Japan! I was like "No way". Later on, I read the Satoshi white paper and I was pretty upset, it all made sense then.

And a bit funny, I had mentioned Bitcoin here and there on the other Knicks forum, years ago, but not a peep...
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1316 » by RHODEY » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:47 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
I got in in 2013.

Wow....I wish

The almost sad part is I heard of Bitcoin when it was 50 CENTS. I was going to buy a few thousand at $1 but when I went online and searched I found out I had to send money to Japan! I was like "No way". Later on, I read the Satoshi white paper and I was pretty upset, it all made sense then.

And a bit funny, I had mentioned Bitcoin here and there on the other Knicks forum, years ago, but not a peep...

I heard about in 2010 but thought nothing of it....Honesty if I had invested when it was only 10 cents I'm sure I would have sold it along the way anyway....that makes me feel a tiny bit better :banghead:
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 15,657

Post#1317 » by Im Coming Home » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:21 am

Sitting on this Cardano hoping it keeps climbing.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#1318 » by Esq-4 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:32 am

RHODEY wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Wow....I wish

I heard about in 2010 but thought nothing of it....Honesty if I had invested when it was only 10 cents I'm sure I would have sold it along the way anyway....that makes me feel a tiny bit better :banghead:

It's tough man. I was late to the game. Was told buy it when still in the hundreds, delayed and now just going with the flow. Wild ride overall.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant

Post#1319 » by earthmansurfer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:53 am

RHODEY wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Wow....I wish

I experienced the Internet Bubble from start to finish and thought it was a once in a lifetime chance.
Bitcoin and crypto currencies are Black Swanns, hard to see coming.
There will be great opportunities in this space, still.
All of us - DO YOUR DUE DILLIGENCE.
ITGM
RealGM

Post#1320 » by ITGM » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:42 am

Binance to Add “USD To Crypto” Trading Pairs Soon: Both XVG/USD and XRP/USD to get a Boost

https://cryptorecorder.com/2018/04/19/binance-to-add-usd-to-crypto-trading-pairs-soon-both-xvg-usd-and-xrp-usd-to-get-a-boost/

That's right folks: USD, not USDT!
:o :o :o

Return to New York Knicks