ImageImageImageImageImage

Who do you want as coach?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HC Search

JVG
16%
Fizzy Womack
9%
Jerry Stackhouse
32%
Blatt
14%
Mark Jackson
8%
Jay Wright
11%
Ettore Messina
4%
Mike Woodson
4%
Other
2%

Total votes: 106

Governor Dudley
Starter
And1: 633

Re: Who do you want as next years coach ? (Poll) 

Post#241 » by Governor Dudley » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Might have been posted...But any one remember when Stackhouse beat Hornacheks face in?

Now he might take his job. Damn.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#242 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:37 pm

If we rehire JVG this fanbase will have to start getting used to winning again

Im not sure they are ready
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#243 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
I hate that entire idea! :lol:

Frank/Burke or Frank/Timmy yes.
Burke/Timmy? No. Who defends? Timmy is a 2. Troy is a 3. Kornet is a 5. Noah won't be back. Trade the CHI pick for BILLY? WTF? :lol:

Do you think that we will get someone at 38 that can average a double double, has 2 point range and will be buddies with KP? Also, the point of next year to me is:

Billy is gone. It's over Johnny!!! No way they double back to get Billy. Yes we COULD get a double double guy with the 38th pick. BILLY was picked 35th. :lol:

What about the rest? Kornet at PF? Timmy at the 3? Etc. All bad ideas IMO.

The only tank we will see is through young, inexperienced players being developed. HOPEFULLY.

Kornet at the 4 provides basically spacing and not much else. That's perfect for the tank since he can shoot the 3 similarly to KP so we can run whatever offense we want long term. Obviously he isn't anywhere near as good so we will lose a ton and be able to draft high. Hardaway at the 3 is not great, but again, the main issues with that are on the defensive end. I really don't care if we are overmatched on defense as long as the effort is there. We are going to have Burke, Frank, Mudiay all vying for time and it makes sense for us to try to build all of their values. Hardaway is locked in for a few years so as long as we don't do anything to hurt his value (make him bulk up/slow down) we are just again helping the cause.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#244 » by Red Vines » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Mike Woodson rumors always a good excuse to post this:

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#245 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:21 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:No...this is not the same as an actual HC search thread. One with facts about who we actually interviewed. Those other 2 threads are not very informative...unless you scroll through 30 pages of nonsense to find a few tweets.

Well Mods felt otherwise . Bro this is the Knick Board. Every thread will have "nonsense". This thread has Facts posted. Every Actual thing has been posted in here. And it had a poll which gives us an Idea of what the board is thinking. You seem to really have no point cause you even suggested merge the threads which would have continued the "nonsense". You the only person that has an issue it seems.

Actually...I made the point that we have 2 threads full of nonsense and we could use an actual fact based thread on the actual topic. One is about Jeff being fired. The other is a wish list. Over 100 pages to sift through for actual facts. One thread dealing with the search for people who are looking for info on it. Not pages of wishes and old news about why Jeff was fired is not getting it done.

The mods are always deleting threads we want. What happened to the booty thread? :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#246 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:21 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:Officially on Stackhouse as #1 and then Blatt as #2 (Wright and Messina aren’t happening).

YES KT. :lol:

Pretty sure we three and Clyde are the original Steakhouse crew on here. With Ill in the #1 slot. Apologies to anyone I missed.

I've seen other people on here that would like Stack, i've seen others on here say they'd like Stack with me being one of them. I made a comment the other day on here about how the day JH was fired and Stack's name was first mentioned we all pretty much laughed at it and then after doing some research on him opinions about him changed pretty quickly. I'm all about going with Stack. It really doesn't matter cause whoever gets the job will have a losing record for at least two years because if you don't have the players then it's not gonna matter who the coach is and we won't have the players for at least two years.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#247 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Stackhouse or Monty Williams.
Free Palestine
Retired_Doc
Analyst
And1: 367

Post#248 » by Retired_Doc » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:01 pm

The_Special_One wrote:I want Becky Hammon.

My question to everyone is this: IF the Knicks hired her would she be a novelty act or the real thing? IF she's the real thing, then I want her.
Tanking again, I suppose. Is there any other way?
Retired_Doc
Analyst

Post#249 » by Retired_Doc » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:07 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:If we rehire JVG this fanbase will have to start getting used to winning again

Im not sure they are ready

This fan base is definitely NOT ready to accept winning next season. That's a fact. Just reading through these pages surely proves that the vast majority want to tank to draft much higher. JVG will never accept that. Never.
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#250 » by NYKHardKnock » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:27 pm

What's wrong with Mark Jackson?
Retired_Doc
Analyst

Post#251 » by Retired_Doc » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:29 pm

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:What's wrong with Mark Jackson?

Nothing, except he isn't Becky Hammon. :o
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#252 » by ctorres » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Capn'O wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
ctorres wrote:We have a young Jerry Stackhouse in Tim Hardaway Jr

Um No.

Ill's all over there like

Stackhouse was a 6'6 small forward known for leading his team in scoring while shooting 40% from the field and 30% from three. Stackhouse could rebound and pass when he wanted to, but was inconsistent or underachieved in both areas. He was a star player on mediocre or losing squads during most of his 20's. It wasn't until later in his career playing for a contending Mavericks squad when he started playing true winning basketball by coming off the bench as a 6th man rather than trying to be the main focal point on his team.

Tim Hardaway Jr right now is a young Jerry Stackhouse. I'm surprised the irony is falling off deaf ears.

Knowing how much a portion of this forum cannot stand Timmy, I am surprised at how receptive people are to bringing in Stackhouse to coach. Most would have probably hated Stackhouse's inefficient play and attitude had he played for the Knicks.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#253 » by ctorres » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:49 pm

The way he practices Christian Evangelism to the extent that he seems to impose it onto the team he coaches is a cause of concern to some.

His work as a commentator is more flash than substance. Pretty hollow to say the least.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#254 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:54 pm

He’s a terrible coach, is a preacher and forces his beliefs on others, and creates strife within the locker room and front office. Under no circumstance should he be the pick.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#255 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:56 pm

Read on Twitter
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Re: RE: Re: Who do you want as next years coach ? (Poll) 

Post#256 » by GONYK » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:18 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:

He’s a terrible coach, is a preacher and forces his beliefs on others, and creates strife within the locker room and front office. Under no circumstance should he be the pick.

Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,187

Post#257 » by Garbagelo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:43 pm

ctorres wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Um No.

Ill's all over there like

Stackhouse was a 6'6 small forward known for leading his team in scoring while shooting 40% from the field and 30% from three. Stackhouse could rebound and pass when he wanted to, but was inconsistent or underachieved in both areas. He was a star player on mediocre or losing squads during most of his 20's. It wasn't until later in his career playing for a contending Mavericks squad when he started playing true winning basketball by coming off the bench as a 6th man rather than trying to be the main focal point on his team.

Tim Hardaway Jr right now is a young Jerry Stackhouse. I'm surprised the irony is falling off deaf ears.

Knowing how much a portion of this forum cannot stand Timmy, I am surprised at how receptive people are to bringing in Stackhouse to coach. Most would have probably hated Stackhouse's inefficient play and attitude had he played for the Knicks.

I would love for THJ to become that finished product Stackhouse
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#258 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:18 pm

Let's hope Stackhouse is a better coach than he was as a defender. Stackhouse and Grant Hill tandem in Detroit were great offensively but dreadful in their own way...and as a result Detroit was a below .500 team.
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#259 » by TruthBeTold » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:19 pm

I would advise Knicks management to TOTAL IGNORE THE POLL IN THIS THREAD. Who the **** is Jerry Stackhouse and what is his coaching record and accomplishments in the NBA? Knicks Fans :nonono: :crazy: :noway: How well did the knicks last two inexperience head coaches did coaching the Knicks recently??? :roll: Why go back to more inexperience with unproven success? My top 2 choice for the Knicks coach job is Mark Jackson or David Fizdale. I don't know what the fans on the board has against Mark Jackson, but what I do know is that he's had a successful coaching career coaching the Golden State Warriors. I didn't watch much of the Warriors games when he was coaching them, but what I do know is that he helped build a championship contender. Some will say if Mark Jackson is so good, then why was Steve Kerr able to win a championship with the Warriors and he couldn't? Why do you think Keri choose the Warriors over the Knicks? I'll answer that for you, TALENT mostly. He and everyone knew the Warriors talent was a lot better than the Knicks at the time. Kerr knew the Warriors were only going to get better. He chose the more talented team instead of the Knicks, not confident he can do for the Knicks what Mark Jackson did for the Warriors. I've seen multiple coaches coach the Warriors when Steve Kerr wasn't able to, and the Warriors continued to play like champions. You think Mark Jackson wouldn't have success coaching the Warriors now??? :roll:

As for David Fizdale, I heard he has a winning record against the Spurs, Warriors, and Rockets. :o Do I really need to write anything else? :nonono:
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Re: RE: Re: Who do you want as next years coach ? (Poll) 

Post#260 » by Adelheid » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:57 pm

GONYK wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:

GONYK going for the finishing blow! yeah baby!

Seriously speaking though, MOST of these things were already known way beforehand if they are not being brought to attention now. That is why it is perplexing that people want MJax so badly. Must be Jackson fans during his time as a player.

Return to New York Knicks