Steve Mills: James Dolan Wants Us To Be Patient With Rebuild

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Re: Steve Mills: James Dolan Wants Us To Be Patient With Rebuild 

Post#21 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:01 pm

Knicks should look to trade Noah for an equally terrible contract in Chandler Parsons and cash. He could really get his modelling career going again in NY. Memphis could really use a backup C.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#22 » by The_Hater » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:52 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:
The_Hater wrote:Problem is that Dolan’s idea of a patient rebuild is different that most. Donnie Walsh was in the middle of a patient rebuild when he got Itchy and inpatient last time.

So I think now he means be patient until the February 2019 trade deadline.

Walsh really had it going in the right direction. But Dolan was all in for 2010. If they had passed on Stoudemire and Melo, how much better would things be today?

Adding Melo himself wasn’t the problem, trading all those assets Walsh had been collecting for a player who would hve joined them outright later that same year was the problem. If left the team without any means to improve from that point on.

This is the reason you leave the basketball decisions to the basketball people, instead you’ve got an owner who saw a shiny new toy and needed to have it immediatley even if it wasn’t in the team’s best interests.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#23 » by PeoplesChamp » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:57 pm

The_Hater wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:
The_Hater wrote:Problem is that Dolan’s idea of a patient rebuild is different that most. Donnie Walsh was in the middle of a patient rebuild when he got Itchy and inpatient last time.

Walsh really had it going in the right direction. But Dolan was all in for 2010. If they had passed on Stoudemire and Melo, how much better would things be today?

Adding Melo himself wasn’t the problem, trading all those assets Walsh had been collecting for a player who would hve joined them outright later that same year was the problem. If left the team without any means to improve from that point on.

This is the reason you leave the basketball decisions to the basketball people, instead you’ve got an owner who saw a shiny new toy and needed to have it immediatley even if it wasn’t in the team’s best interests.

Melo was their Plan B to LeBron all along. And they openly told their season ticket holders that in 2009.
ripwesternny
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#24 » by ripwesternny » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:33 pm

mwm78 wrote:Just make the right decisions for once and stop with the "LOSING" this franchise has been horrible, how can they be one of the most financially successful organizations and have nothing to show for it the last few decades, smh... I don't care how they do it but start being winners ASAP, sick of being a Knicks fan and having nothing to root for every season, its been pathetic, can we get someone(s) who know what they are doing.... sure just take all the time you need, smh, just a mess all around, waiting for the day when it is a positive thing to be a Knicks fan... that comes with consistent playoff appearances and Championships, until then it is failure...

I don't blame you for your frustration. Knicks fans are loyal and pay top dollar to see a quality product at Madison Square Garden. It's even more astounding that the Nets have been equally as bad. It really starts with ownership taking ownership. These guys make astronomical figures and to be less than perfect or a god is a disgrace to mankind. Dolan clearly doesn't give a sh*t about winning or otherwise they wouldn't be the buffalo bills of basketball.
The_Hater

Post#25 » by The_Hater » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:34 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:

Melo was their Plan B to LeBron all along. And they openly told their season ticket holders that in 2009.

Well ultimately they wanted both of them. And prime Melo would have been a really valuable player playing the lesser role to Bron. That was always Melo’s biggest issue, as great an individual scorer as he was he still wasn’t well rounded enough to be the best player on a true contender. But If he was in that 2nd chair beside Bron his legacy might have played out quite differently.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
EnriCela13
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#26 » by EnriCela13 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:42 am

PeoplesChamp wrote:

Gallinari, Chandler, etc...didn't develop into superstars, but, that wasn't the point. They were developing a nice cast of talent that would've been attractive to one, if they had to have it.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. "Patient" to Dolan might just be the next trade deadline. The fact that they're about to stretch Noah's contract for a few salary cap crumbs instead of riding his contract out is evidence.

I always thought Dolan was the one that forced that trade. An article came out this past year though, where Donnie Walsh admits he was the one that pushed through the trade and Dolan was actually hesitant because of how much they were giving up, which is very much unlike him as he’s probably the worst owner in professional sports at this point. We can still point to him for trading a first rounder for bargnani and veto’ing a trade for a first rounder for Kyle Lowry.
The_Hater

Post#27 » by The_Hater » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:45 am

EnriCela13 wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:

Gallinari, Chandler, etc...didn't develop into superstars, but, that wasn't the point. They were developing a nice cast of talent that would've been attractive to one, if they had to have it.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. "Patient" to Dolan might just be the next trade deadline. The fact that they're about to stretch Noah's contract for a few salary cap crumbs instead of riding his contract out is evidence.

I always thought Dolan was the one that forced that trade. An article came out this past year though, where Donnie Walsh admits he was the one that pushed through the trade and Dolan was actually hesitant because of how much they were giving up, which is very much unlike him as he’s probably the worst owner in professional sports at this point. We can still point to him for trading a first rounder for bargnani and veto’ing a trade for a first rounder for Kyle Lowry.

First I’ve heard of that. Who wrote the article?
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Wiretap Discussion