Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,668

ROUND ONE, GAME 2: Spurs (7) @ Warriors (2), 930PM Central 

Post#1 » by -Sammy- » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:57 pm

WHERE: ORACLE Arena, Oakland, CA
TV: TNT national broadcast
VEGAS: O/U 207, GS -9.5

We knew this wasn't going to be easy; pretty much everything on both sides needs to be better to avoid another blowout. As many of the telling stats from G1 show (check those second-chance numbers), hustle and effort are the watchwords here-- our energy and body language were abysmal on Saturday. We're overmatched on both sides, so as cliche as it sounds, intangibles are the only thing that can steal us a win in Oakland.

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: ROUND ONE, GAME 2: Spurs (7) @ Warriors (2), 930PM Central 

Post#2 » by Nolan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Pops needs to bring something different to the table in this one. Our strategy in game 1 was a failure. We need to deploy more length and push the ball a little more.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
YoungbuckMurray
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#3 » by YoungbuckMurray » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:06 pm

Nolan wrote:Pops needs to bring something different to the table in this one. Our strategy in game 1 was a failure. We need to deploy more length and push the ball a little more.

I think a starting lineup of Murray-white-gay-Anderson-Aldridge would do this for us. Then Danny would be able to come in for a breather to help guard Kd/clay when gay and Anderson need breathers. Bertans needs to be used as he can hit the 3 and if he’s on early he will add some much needed 3 point shooting and he’s good enough to take players off the dribble on hard close outs to either get a good mid range or shot at the basket or even distribute.

I really think this could at least give us a chance tonight. Doubt pop does it but one can dream
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#4 » by ducler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#5 » by Nolan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:30 pm

YoungbuckMurray wrote:
Nolan wrote:Pops needs to bring something different to the table in this one. Our strategy in game 1 was a failure. We need to deploy more length and push the ball a little more.

I think a starting lineup of Murray-white-gay-Anderson-Aldridge would do this for us. Then Danny would be able to come in for a breather to help guard Kd/clay when gay and Anderson need breathers. Bertans needs to be used as he can hit the 3 and if he’s on early he will add some much needed 3 point shooting and he’s good enough to take players off the dribble on hard close outs to either get a good mid range or shot at the basket or even distribute.

I really think this could at least give us a chance tonight. Doubt pop does it but one can dream

That could work too. Bottom line is Mills needs to sit and Gay needs to be in the starting 5. We need the length to matchup with what the Warriors threw at us in game 1.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
YoungbuckMurray
Ballboy

Post#6 » by YoungbuckMurray » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Nolan wrote:
YoungbuckMurray wrote:

That could work too. Bottom line is Mills needs to sit and Gay needs to be in the starting 5. We need the length to matchup with what the Warriors threw at us in game 1.

Ya I think with that you can at least hopefully stay close with there starters and hope the bench outscores theirs, Aldridge gets 25 and hopefully gay can chip in 15-17. That’s the recipe for success. If we don’t defend there length it’s basically impossible to win
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,253

Post#7 » by imagump1313 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:25 pm

YoungbuckMurray wrote:
Nolan wrote:
YoungbuckMurray wrote:I think a starting lineup of Murray-white-gay-Anderson-Aldridge would do this for us. Then Danny would be able to come in for a breather to help guard Kd/clay when gay and Anderson need breathers. Bertans needs to be used as he can hit the 3 and if he’s on early he will add some much needed 3 point shooting and he’s good enough to take players off the dribble on hard close outs to either get a good mid range or shot at the basket or even distribute.

Ya I think with that you can at least hopefully stay close with there starters and hope the bench outscores theirs, Aldridge gets 25 and hopefully gay can chip in 15-17. That’s the recipe for success. If we don’t defend there length it’s basically impossible to win

I Immediately liked your lineup because I didn't see the name "MILLS" in it. :lol:
I agree we need to matchup better with their starters to have any chance here.

Mills needs to be what he was back in out last championship run. 10-15 minutes tops off the bench when the situation permits. That is when he was useful to us. We need to get White, Forbes or even Paul out there and hope for a spark and a miracle.
YoungbuckMurray
Ballboy

Post#8 » by YoungbuckMurray » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:17 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
YoungbuckMurray wrote:
Nolan wrote:

I Immediately liked your lineup because I didn't see the name "MILLS" in it. :lol:
I agree we need to matchup better with their starters to have any chance here.

Mills needs to be what he was back in out last championship run. 10-15 minutes tops off the bench when the situation permits. That is when he was useful to us. We need to get White, Forbes or even Paul out there and hope for a spark and a miracle.

Ya let Mills get 20 or so minutes against mostly reserves I bet we like him a lot more, he is able to provide a spark for the bench and doesn’t get exposed as much defensively. I think white could be a major factor for the spurs in this series. Plus what’s there to lose it is only going to help him and the team in the long run and who knows maybe in the short run too
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,441

Post#9 » by G R E Y » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:26 am

Patty is well versed in the corporate knowledge so to whatever extent that is combined with 'the devil you know' and necessity, he'll get more minutes unless and until any other Spur takes them from him with his play.

So while Patty stays in the starting line-up (and perhaps gets fewer minutes if he doesn't play to his capabilities - though I hope he has a bounce-back game), you'll be happy to know that one adjustment is Rudy starting in Kyle's place :)

Read on Twitter

So barring any other changes, it looks as if we're staring with Murray, Patty, Danny, Rudy, LMA.

But no matter the starters, no matter the adjustments, more important is our level of focus and determination. Execution on both ends, and forging ahead for 48 minutes are key for us.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#10 » by G R E Y » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:07 am

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Bucketgetter
Pro Prospect
And1: 197

Post#11 » by Bucketgetter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:31 am

Pulling for the Spurs. Why isn't Pau playing defense on West tho
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,253

Post#12 » by imagump1313 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:20 am

Played decent for a half but now the usuals who do nothing for us are killing us. Mills and Green. Soo tired of both of them....

Mills doesnt see a WIDE OPEN Bertans on a break. Aldridge and Gay trying to carry us while our guards do nothing....
Thank you Manu for looking right at Mills calling for the ball for a three he would surely brick and getting it to Aldridge instead.
YoungbuckMurray
Ballboy

Post#13 » by YoungbuckMurray » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:07 am

NBA is a joke put a hard cap like the nfl and you won’t have super teams.
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#14 » by UDRIH14 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:52 pm

havnt watch spurs games that much this season besides the 9 games kawhi played :(

b2b years playoff sweeps, i wonder whose worth keeping...expecially those younger players on the roster
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#15 » by G R E Y » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:50 am

Right well, our defense was noticeably better throughout the game, but they still got rolling offensively in the second half and we couldn't muster a counter punch.

We can't win games shooting as poorly as we did, especially from the 3 - 4-28 for 14.3%. Our instant-O role players have to pitch in. If Bertans, Bryn, and Tony pitch in 5 points each, we're in the match. Also, Kyle and to a lesser extent Danny, need to find themselves on O.

We did much better on the glass, our FT shooting was on point, and we had only 9 turnovers, but it would be good if we got more than 16 assists (also a function of poor shooting, not just ineffective movement with and without the ball, both of which were much better than in Game 1).

It was great to see LMA get his game on, along with Rudy, Patty, and Manu.

I like Rudy in the starting line-up, but it's a pick your poison move, because then we have fewer bench O threats - at least until the other guys pick up their games.

Finally, the Warriors I think lead the league in third quarter O output, and our 3rds have been less than stellar. It would be great if from now on we come into the second halves of games with more intensity.

I love our team.

GO SPURS GO!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way

Return to San Antonio Spurs