2018 General MLB Thread

Moderator: TyCobb

RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Re: 2018 General MLB Thread 

Post#21 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:15 pm

TMU wrote:Uhm, let's talk about them Mets. How about them?

Best start in franchise history and ridiculously good pitching, you have to be quite excited about the season so far my friend! Just have to hope they can stay healthy.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#22 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:11 am

Hey Otis, this one is for you and your Rangers:

Having said that, #BTSOOTR.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#23 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:19 am

Springer with the first pitch Dinger!

:clap:
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#24 » by studcrackers » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:54 am

Jokingly told a friend the rangers would take 2 of 3 this weekend because baseball. Bartolo tonight made me feel like a kid again
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#25 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Yea, that was a crappy weekend. Wasted two good starts from Morton/Verlander and almost got perfected by Jabba the Colon.

On to the next series!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,282

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:I'm enjoying this Rangers debut for Moore.

;)

He was a bargain.

Because he sucks, you see.

I can't tell if you are bragging or complaining, :wink: :lol:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#27 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:37 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:I'm enjoying this Rangers debut for Moore.

;)

He was a bargain.

The only saving grace to this abortion of a season is that with all the injuries, we are getting to see some kids come up and they aren't embarrassing themselves.

Which is good because this pitching staff with the exception of Colon is utterly embarrassing.

That sentence alone tells you how bad this thing is right now.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:10 am

I guess now isn't a good time to brag about my Cardinals.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#29 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#30 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
He was a bargain.

The only saving grace to this abortion of a season is that with all the injuries, we are getting to see some kids come up and they aren't embarrassing themselves.

Which is good because this pitching staff with the exception of Colon is utterly embarrassing.

I actually feel bad for you and your Rangers this year. I've seen 5 Ranger games the past 8 days and I think you are in for a very long year. Its bad enough your pitching staff is horrible at best, but when that line up can't hit, well, I'll let you fill in the blanks. :wink:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I can't tell if you are bragging or complaining, :wink: :lol:

I actually feel bad for you and your Rangers this year. I've seen 5 Ranger games the past 8 days and I think you are in for a very long year. Its bad enough your pitching staff is horrible at best, but when that line up can't hit, well, I'll let you fill in the blanks. :wink:

Knew it was going to be bad going in. I was just hoping they wouldn’t confirm it for awhile.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:10 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
Read on Twitter

You’re planning on being insufferable aren’t you?
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#33 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:44 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:
Read on Twitter

You’re planning on being insufferable aren’t you?

You know I love you old man, but I love my Astros even more!

Here, this one is on me:

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:27 pm

See what we had to put up with when Houston was in the NL central Otis? lol. It was only for a few years though. Astro's rarely got the best of us.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#35 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:See what we had to put up with when Houston was in the NFL central Otis? lol. It was only for a few years though. Astro's rarely got the best of us.

2004 sucked, 2005 was pretty fun though...until the WS.

I do miss playing the Cardinals and Cubs though, it's still weird being in the AL. We still have to deal with that Pujols fella in our division, but he doesn't strike fear into me like he used to. I wonder if he still has Lidge's balls hanging up somewhere in his house?
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#36 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:16 am

Mike Trout is pretty good.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:18 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:See what we had to put up with when Houston was in the NFL central Otis? lol. It was only for a few years though. Astro's rarely got the best of us.

I do miss playing the Cardinals and Cubs though, it's still weird being in the AL. We still have to deal with that Pujols fella in our division, but he doesn't strike fear into me like he used to. I wonder if he still has Lidge's balls hanging up somewhere in his house?

If I remember correctly, they found Lidge's ball still in flight when they were on their way back to St. Louis after they left Houston. I remember the pilot mentioning it during the flight. :rofl:
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#38 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:36 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:

If I remember correctly, they found Lidge's ball still in flight when they were on their way back to St. Louis after they left Houston. I remember the pilot mentioning it during the flight. :rofl:

That was an amazing HR. Absolute no doubter the second it left his bat, and it ripped the soul out of every Astros fan in an instant. I still remember that moment like it was yesterday. Lidge's reaction was priceless.

Then I saw Oswalt later on giving an interview, and I could tell from his demeanor that we were going to win in the next game anyways. Dude was just calm and confident as hell. Damn, I miss the Wizard!

Lidge was never the same for us again after that, and of course then he goes on to have a perfect season and win a WS in Philly...ain't that some taint.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#39 » by IrishRainbow » Tue May 1, 2018 6:21 pm

Is there ANY reason for the Brewers to change how they use Hader? I believe he was groomed in MiLB to be a SP... came up and they put him in a middle relief role to get him acclimated. The season started and incumbent closer Knebel had that on lock after last year's successes. Enter Knebel on 10 day. He's about to start rehab outings. Hader has 4 saves now all of the 2+ inning variety.

11g / 18inn / 39k / 5bb 1.00era / 0.50 whip / 0-0 .

I don't think they mess with it. Let him work every 2-3ga and get 1-2inn when they need to secure a W.

Last night's line 2.2inn / 8k / 1bb.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using RealGM mobile app
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#40 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue May 8, 2018 4:28 am

I finally feel after two years of growing pains bring up a lot of young talent and injuries are over. Swept the Cubs this weekend !!!!!!!!!!! We are going back to the playoffs !

Return to The General MLB Board