Around the NBA: 2022-23 edition

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Re: NBA News 

Post#61 » by Topofthekey » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:03 pm

So apparently LeBron could consider joining the Warriors.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22281387/golden-state-warriors-play-lebron-james

Seriously, this is such a disgrace. What is the point of even playing out the season. Might as well hand out the rings in October
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,053

Post#62 » by Wizop » Thu Feb 1, 2018 3:01 pm

Topofthekey wrote:So apparently LeBron could consider joining the Warriors.

is he ready to come off the bench? :D

Sure argues for a harder cap. The luxury tax is supposed to make it too costly for teams to do this but if it isn't working ...
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#63 » by winter_mute_13 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 9:11 pm

LeBron would either need to take a huge paycut, or else the Warriors need to dump a ton of salary for this to be possible. I don't really take it seriously.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant

Post#64 » by winter_mute_13 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 10:30 pm

Kings just waived Papagiannis, their #13 pick from 2016. They also traded their #22 pick from the same draft, Malachi Richardson, for a guy they're going to cut.

Man, that draft was pretty brutal. At the end of the day, Domas is probably a top 5 player from that year.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#65 » by Wizop » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:48 pm

Rose waived. 10 day contract until DC back????

Sent from my phone.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#66 » by Jake0890 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:33 pm

Pass on DRose, not that he’d take a 10 day anyway.

I’d rather roll out Joe Young regardless.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#67 » by Jake0890 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:33 pm

The real pickup is probably someone like Joe Johnson (unlikely) or maybe Bellinelli.
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by winter_mute_13 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:46 pm

Joe Johnson is going to the Rockets. Brandan Wright too. Belli is up for grabs, we can offer more money, but he'll have his pick of contenders if he's willing to sign for minimum.

Rose supposedly is going to reunite with Thibs, though I don't know how serious those reports are. Tony Allen might be interesting.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#69 » by Wizop » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:00 pm

wonder why we didn't dress Sumner over Moore or offer Lemon a 10 day. maybe they are being nice to the Ants by not taking their best pg.

edit. Lemon put up 40 tonight.

Sent from my phone.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,265

Post#70 » by boomershadow » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:49 pm

I'm watching a Raptors game right now, and CJ Miles is having one of his "hot" games. I forgot how fun those are.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#71 » by Tom White » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:08 pm

Wizop wrote:Rose waived. 10 day contract until DC back????

Sent from my phone.

He strikes me as a chemistry killer.
Wizop
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: NBA News 

Post#72 » by Wizop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Tom White wrote:
Wizop wrote:Rose waived. 10 day contract until DC back????

Sent from my phone.

He strikes me as a chemistry killer.
wiretap says washington.

Sent from my phone.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#73 » by Wizop » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:08 pm

interesting piece on fivethirtyeight.com talking about Pacers being the anti-rockets. Greg rakestraw on 1070 pointed it out.

Sent from my phone.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#74 » by Jake0890 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:12 am

PAUL GEORGE IS THE OPPOSITE OF CLUTCH LOL

2/16 for 5 points, 3 rebounds, 8 assists.

Go Jazz
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Post#75 » by Pacersike » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:35 am

Ya kinda funny again, it happened on the same day Oladipo had his best game ever.

Total mental breakdown it seems. Hope he can fix it, because the main reason he left is because he knew he couldn't bring what Larry Bird wanted him to be. No hard feelings and we also got Sabonis.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,960

Post#76 » by DusterBuster » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:36 am

Jake0890 wrote:PAUL GEORGE IS THE OPPOSITE OF CLUTCH LOL

Go Jazz

This was from just over a year ago....

According to a tweet from ESPN's Tim MacMahon, Indiana Pacers star Paul George is an NBA-worst 0-for-15 on potential go-ahead shots in the final 20 seconds of games since he entered the league.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2017/04/17/how-clutch-paul-george/100570384/

PG always was fools gold as a teams go-to player, Pritchard made a fantastic deal.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#77 » by Pacersike » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:51 am

DusterBuster wrote:

Go Jazz

According to a tweet from ESPN's Tim MacMahon, Indiana Pacers star Paul George is an NBA-worst 0-for-15 on potential go-ahead shots in the final 20 seconds of games since he entered the league.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2017/04/17/how-clutch-paul-george/100570384/

PG always was fools gold as a teams go-to player, Pritchard made a fantastic deal.

Yes, we have discussed that stat in the past, or sorta of...

But no problem and thank you for contributing. At that time there was still denial. :wink:
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,960

Post#78 » by DusterBuster » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:56 am

Pacersike wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

Go Jazz

Yes, we have discussed that stat in the past, or sorta of...

But no problem and thank you for contributing. At that time there was still denial. :wink:

I still distinctly remember discussing some Paul deals on the Pacers forum here before PG made his intentions clear with the trade demand. Pacers fans telling me on here that George was a "generational" talent has ALWAYS stuck with me because of how crazy that was to me. Don't get me wrong, he's a really good player, I certainly would have taken him on my team, but I never ever ever thought of him in the light of a "generational" talent. I just considered him a solid all-star level guy, not that unlike Danny Granger before him. Seeing how fast you guys replaced him with something (arguably better) while he did little to impact his new team just kinda proved my theory that he's nothing more than a really good player.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Pacersike
Analyst

Post#79 » by Pacersike » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:07 am

DusterBuster wrote:I still distinctly remember discussing some Paul deals on the Pacers forum here before PG made his intentions clear with the trade demand. Pacers fans telling me on here that George was a "generational" talent has ALWAYS stuck with me because of how crazy that was to me. Don't get me wrong, he's a really good player, I certainly would have taken him on my team, but I never ever ever thought of him in the light of a "generational" talent. I just considered him a solid all-star level guy, not that unlike Danny Granger before him. Seeing how fast you guys replaced him with something (arguably better) while he did little to impact his new team just kinda proved my theory that he's nothing more than a really good player.

Pacer fans have different roles when discussing trades. We have a group who starts their bid as high as possible to work their way down.

My role is to start bidding low and make fans of other teams come visit our trades thinking we are in a generous mood :P
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by winter_mute_13 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:47 am

DusterBuster wrote:I still distinctly remember discussing some Paul deals on the Pacers forum here before PG made his intentions clear with the trade demand. Pacers fans telling me on here that George was a "generational" talent has ALWAYS stuck with me because of how crazy that was to me. Don't get me wrong, he's a really good player, I certainly would have taken him on my team, but I never ever ever thought of him in the light of a "generational" talent. I just considered him a solid all-star level guy, not that unlike Danny Granger before him. Seeing how fast you guys replaced him with something (arguably better) while he did little to impact his new team just kinda proved my theory that he's nothing more than a really good player.

Calling PG a "generational" talent seems excessive and I don't recall anyone saying that. If I had seen that statement made, I would have challenged it.

OTOH, suggesting that guys like PG are easily replaceable goes too far the other way. Sure, Dipo is probably on a similar tier, but I think most of us recognize that Dipo's emergence was a fluke in a lot of ways. Certainly no one is expecting us to add another Dipo level talent any time soon.

Fact is, PG has some claim to being the single best NBA player to have ever played for the Pacers. Maybe some would argue for Reggie's longevity and playoff heroics, maybe some would take JO's one MVP level season, maybe Oladipo would surpass him in time - but as of now PG is right up there. Maybe that says more about the Pacers than of PG, I don't know. But certainly I would put him on a level higher than Granger, who wasn't a bad player either.

There's still a lot of bad feeling towards PG from Pacer fans, for sure. But I think most of us realize too that PG inadvertently did us a favor by pushing for a trade rather than keeping quiet and just walking at the end of the season. So it all worked out for the best.

Return to Indiana Pacers