Future draft classes

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Re: Future draft classes 

Post#1681 » by Justwar » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:01 am

Duke got dropped. It's uk vandy and Georgia as the real final 3. Wants to see if vandy gets Romeo or ky loses more than thought
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,307

Post#1682 » by DirtyDez » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:44 am

Duke is getting on some grad transfers and there’s some good ones this year.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1683 » by No-Man » Sun Apr 8, 2018 8:37 am

Uhm, from my understanding Duke is looking for shooters with the grad transfers and EJ still has a final 11, including a bunch of schools

I guess Vandy is possible if they get Langford, but I think he is either going to KU or staying home, Kentucky isn't losing more than Knox, Shai and Diallo, the rest are coming back, PJ won't even get drafted if he stays in.

So I doubt he goes there, that according to you would mean that he goes to Georgia (?)
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,634

Post#1684 » by peZt » Mon Apr 9, 2018 7:11 am

So the U16 Asia Championship came to an end with Australia expectedly winning the title.
Tamuri Wigness dominated the last two games of the tournament and led Australia to the Championship as their youngest Player.

Chikara Tanaka and Japan lost to the Philippines in the quarter finals and failed to qualify for the U17 WC unfortunately. Tanaka exploded for like 16 straight Points in the last 4 minutes but it wasn't enough
https://youtu.be/u6-89DyKh5I?t=1h41m40s

Another super intriguing prospect is Kai Sotto from the Philippines. A 15 year old giant at 7'2'!! He led the tournament in rebounds and blocks and also had 17 ppg. And being from a Basketball crazy Country like the Philippines you know he started playing Basketball as a child and isn't someone who just happens to play the sport due to his size. His dad was a former pro as well, always a good sign. And just like the other two guys he is a year younger than the competition.

So yeah, definitely 3 Players from Asia to look out for in the near future. Hope we'll see all three go to the US High Schools soon. You can check out their games on the FIBA YouTube channel if you're interested.

http://www.fiba.basketball/asia/u16/2017/Kai-zachary-Sotto
http://www.fiba.basketball/asia/u16/2017/Tamuri-Wigness
http://www.fiba.basketball/asia/u16/2017/Chikara-Tanaka
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1685 » by GimmeDat » Mon Apr 9, 2018 7:54 am

peZt wrote:So the U16 Asia Championship came to an end with Australia expectedly winning the title.
Tamuri Wigness dominated the last two games of the tournament and led Australia to the Championship as their youngest Player.

Chikara Tanaka and Japan lost to the Philippines in the quarter finals and failed to qualify for the U17 WC unfortunately. Tanaka exploded for like 16 straight Points in the last 4 minutes but it wasn't enough
https://youtu.be/u6-89DyKh5I?t=1h41m40s

Another super intriguing prospect is Kai Sotto from the Philippines. A 15 year old giant at 7'2'!! He led the tournament in rebounds and blocks and also had 17 ppg. And being from a Basketball crazy Country like the Philippines you know he started playing Basketball as a child and isn't someone who just happens to play the sport due to his size. His dad was a former pro as well, always a good sign. And just like the other two guys he is a year younger than the competition.

So yeah, definitely 3 Players from Asia to look out for in the near future. Hope we'll see all three go to the US High Schools soon. You can check out their games on the FIBA YouTube channel if you're interested.

http://www.fiba.basketball/asia/u16/2017/Kai-zachary-Sotto
http://www.fiba.basketball/asia/u16/2017/Tamuri-Wigness
http://www.fiba.basketball/asia/u16/2017/Chikara-Tanaka

Tanaka is an impressive prospect. Really nice stroke there. Sotto is just massive, isn't that a nice change for the Phillipines team. Not just big either, looks like he has a good feel, movement and skill-set.

Being an Aussie I've just been keeping an eye on Wigness and he's really impressive. Speed is absolutely blistering and has the ball on a string. Skill-set both as a scorer and a facilitator is there, and defensively he was a menace with his pressure and playing the lanes. I think he's going to be a stud, needs to keep growing though. Would also like to see him maybe speed up his shot a bit and get a bit more elevation on it, especially if he's going to stay small, it's a bit more of a set shot at this point.

The other 2 names I though worth a mention from the Aus team were Lu Buluk (big, long wing who can shoot) and Travers (did a bit of everything).
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,306

Post#1686 » by DrCoach » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Chris Ledlum is a beast

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#1687 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:23 pm

Didnt want to start a 2020 draft thread just yet. But Im starting to really like the group of guards that are probably going to go in the top 10 with Cole Anthony, Jalen Lecque, Scottie Lewis and Bryan Antoine. Those are some really athletic and exciting guards, especially with the lack of guards in the 18 draft and looking like a lack of guards in the 2019 draft (unless you count RJ as a guard).
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1688 » by Marcus » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:30 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Didnt want to start a 2020 draft thread just yet. But Im starting to really like the group of guards that are probably going to go in the top 10 with Cole Anthony, Jalen Lecque, Scottie Lewis and Bryan Antoine. Those are some really athletic and exciting guards, especially with the lack of guards in the 18 draft and looking like a lack of guards in the 2019 draft (unless you count RJ as a guard).

That class also has a potentionally nice selection of bigs as well. Could just end up being the next monster class in general.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1689 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:49 pm

Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Didnt want to start a 2020 draft thread just yet. But Im starting to really like the group of guards that are probably going to go in the top 10 with Cole Anthony, Jalen Lecque, Scottie Lewis and Bryan Antoine. Those are some really athletic and exciting guards, especially with the lack of guards in the 18 draft and looking like a lack of guards in the 2019 draft (unless you count RJ as a guard).

That class also has a potentionally nice selection of bigs as well. Could just end up being the next monster class in general.

Ya I havent quite fallen in love with the bigs of the class yet. Carey looks like he can be a dominant college big but not sure his NBA upside with his lack of size and explosion, Wiseman has great length and is very mobile, but something about his game just seems to be missing for me (just doesnt have that IT factor for me yet). Bassey is probably my favorite out of the 3 bigs at the top.

But man when I watch those 4 guards, Im seeing star potential with them. I think there is going to be a great debate between what PG goes first between Cole and Jalen. Jalen has the great size and freakish athleticism, while Cole is small but has great athleticism himself, runs the point better and is the better shooter. Really like the potential with both of those guys. Then you got Scottie and Bryan who have been tearing it up together now for a couple years and both guys are tremendous athletes and solid overall games already.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 9,513

Post#1690 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:18 pm

Cole also is the son of an NBA point guard in Greg Anthony, which usually matters.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
anthony00
Analyst
And1: 1,514

Post#1691 » by anthony00 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:40 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Ya I havent quite fallen in love with the bigs of the class yet. Carey looks like he can be a dominant college big but not sure his NBA upside with his lack of size and explosion, Wiseman has great length and is very mobile, but something about his game just seems to be missing for me (just doesnt have that IT factor for me yet). Bassey is probably my favorite out of the 3 bigs at the top.

But man when I watch those 4 guards, Im seeing star potential with them. I think there is going to be a great debate between what PG goes first between Cole and Jalen. Jalen has the great size and freakish athleticism, while Cole is small but has great athleticism himself, runs the point better and is the better shooter. Really like the potential with both of those guys. Then you got Scottie and Bryan who have been tearing it up together now for a couple years and both guys are tremendous athletes and solid overall games already.

Jalen models his game after Westbrook
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1692 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:46 pm

anthony00 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Jalen models his game after Westbrook

Oh ya and it really shows. I mean even the way he does layups almost looks like a guy imitating Westbrook. Im a huge fan of Jalen's.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#1693 » by nolang1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:56 pm

These players are all old for their class and could reclassify to be eligible for 2019. Lecque is the youngest of the 4 and he’s older relative to his class than Michael Porter Jr.
TYO23
Freshman
And1: 60

Post#1694 » by TYO23 » Sat Jun 2, 2018 5:11 pm

Read on Twitter

Measurements from the U18 camp going on.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#1695 » by nolang1 » Sat Jun 2, 2018 7:30 pm

Was at the Pangos All-American camp yesterday. Some players who stood out to me:

Isaiah Mobley (2019 high school class): skilled, smart big who can definitely play some point forward; equally adept at finding the open man when pushing the ball in transition or after attacking a closeout. Not a crazy run/jump athlete, but appears to have filled out some and increased his strength/explosiveness over the past few months.

N'Faly Dante (2020): the best rim protector in the high school ranks; in addition to his length and athleticism he communicates very well on defense and strikes a good balance between blocking shots and contesting them without taking himself out of rebounding position. Active on the offensive glass and is one of those players who can convert put-back dunks from unexpected angles. He didn't get the ball in the post much but looked fluid hitting a face-up jumper from about 15 feet and also did a nice job
holding onto the ball and finding the open man when the defense collapsed. I feel like there's some element of the stereotypical 'he's from Africa so he's older than his listed birthdate' kind of stuff holding him back from being ranked extremely highly, but he looks the part of a 16-year-old who's still gangly and growing into his frame.

Drew Timme (2019): 6'9-ish and can handle and pass really well for his size. Has a Georges Niang type of offensive game where he scores efficiently on well-timed cuts and unorthodox drives to the rim. More of an athlete and a much better defender/rebounder than Niang but doesn't seem to have range on his jumper just yet.

Precious Achiuwa (2019): 6'8" wing who moves well and is explosive but under control when attacking the rim. Versatile defender. Not an awful shooter but needs to improve from 3 like pretty much any other athletic player his age.

Sharife Cooper (2020): Shorter point guard who can get to the basket pretty much at will with his handling and change-of-pace ability. His jumper wasn't falling but the form looks good and he's been hitting them in EYBL. Wouldn't consider him some major disruptive force on defense, but he knows where to be.

CJ Walker (2019): About 6'8", very athletic, plays hard and covers a lot of ground. Seems to be in the process of expanding his game to the perimeter and will probably move up in the rankings due to his athleticism and the amount of skill he did show.
anthony00
Analyst
And1: 1,514

Post#1696 » by anthony00 » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:12 pm

Jalen green is a future goat
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1697 » by GimmeDat » Sun Jun 3, 2018 12:51 am

Looks like the 2 Aussies, Tamuri Wigness and Josh Green, both played well in their game at the Global Camp.

Killian Hayes predictably excellent also.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1698 » by No-Man » Sun Jun 3, 2018 9:11 am

Yeah, Hayes is incredible, best prospect in the 2020 class, I like Tyrese Maxey and Cole Anthony a ton too
TheBunk
Senior
And1: 59

Post#1699 » by TheBunk » Tue Jun 5, 2018 12:19 am

Wow...Killian Hayes mixtape I just watched was crazy impressive. Guy gives me harden vibes. Really impressed with his change of pace and general intelligence he displays.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1700 » by GimmeDat » Sat May 4, 2019 7:39 am

Thoughts on the Makur Maker hype of late? Being talked as a top 5 player in the class. Certainly has sounded productive, and looks a better and more coordinated all-around athlete than Thon, a stronger frame, etc.

Return to NBA Draft