ImageImageImage

Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Re: Official "Damn Bam" Adebayo thread 

Post#481 » by heat4life » Wed Feb 7, 2018 6:37 pm

Bam projects as a nice player. It does reminds you a lot of Shawn Kemp (video below for those who are too young to remember the Reignman).

I, however, would like to see more of a mid-range game develop and some post ups in the low and high post. He is only 19 so there is plenty of time for development. Kemp's game was strong in the 90's and would Bam's but in this new NBA, he needs to spread his offensive game to other areas of the floor in order to create space for others. Very promising though.

ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,431

Post#482 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Feb 7, 2018 7:03 pm

heat4life wrote:Bam projects as a nice player. It does reminds you a lot of Shawn Kemp (video below for those who are too young to remember the Reignman).

I, however, would like to see more of a mid-range game develop and some post ups in the low and high post. He is only 19 so there is plenty of time for development. Kemp's game was strong in the 90's and would Bam's but in this new NBA, he needs to spread his offensive game to other areas of the floor in order to create space for others. Very promising though.

Kemp was more then a nice player. he's borderline HOF and was the best player on an almost championship team. But I think he had a finesse to his game that Bam lacks.

Still, Bam HAS TO be encouraged to both take outside shots and take his man off the dribble. He already showed he can do both on limited attempts, this MUST be explored much deeper. We're only scratching the surface still.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,456

Post#483 » by Bishop45 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 7:04 pm

Don't care if it isn't ready, want to see 3pt shot. Shoot it
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,941

Post#484 » by dshearn » Wed Feb 7, 2018 7:22 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Bam really does starting to look a lot like Tristan Thompson.

He's like a TT with better passing, BB IQ, handle, jump shot, FT rate, FT %, efficiency, creating, defensive versatility, size, athleticism, age, upside and contract.

Pretty, pretty similar.

C'mon pap's, there's definitely more in comparison than contrast

you can't count age, contract and upside against him. I'm not giving you creating, TT was averaging like a 17% USG with similar AST/TO in his pre-Lebs years. Defensive versatility's too murky to give an advantage to too, TT could switch on to a lot of players but he's not as disciplined as bam... But on the same hand he was a better rim protecter/rebounder and overall interior presence. There's not enough to say he has better BB IQ, I'll give you athletism but it's not like there's a big enough advantage for it to matter.... TT might be slow but he's definitely athletic. FT rate, %, efficiency and size/athleticism are pretty legit tho, I'll give you that. He's like 2018 TT with Kungfu grip, once he snatches up Katy Perry to meet the white girlfriend quota then we'll talk forreal

This is a TT smear campaign, he's not playing well this year but mans is a monster/Champion. Have some respect papi's

Don't make me turn this into a TT appreciation thread. Don't make me suwoo my Canadians.

You realize the TT callbacks are coming from a place of love.. right?

Your getting a little ribbing only because you are a respected poster and people think very well of you.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#485 » by Bishop45 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 7:38 pm

dshearn wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Bam really does starting to look a lot like Tristan Thompson.

He's like a TT with better passing, BB IQ, handle, jump shot, FT rate, FT %, efficiency, creating, defensive versatility, size, athleticism, age, upside and contract.

Pretty, pretty similar.

C'mon pap's, there's definitely more in comparison than contrast

you can't count age, contract and upside against him. I'm not giving you creating, TT was averaging like a 17% USG with similar AST/TO in his pre-Lebs years. Defensive versatility's too murky to give an advantage to too, TT could switch on to a lot of players but he's not as disciplined as bam... But on the same hand he was a better rim protecter/rebounder and overall interior presence. There's not enough to say he has better BB IQ, I'll give you athletism but it's not like there's a big enough advantage for it to matter.... TT might be slow but he's definitely athletic. FT rate, %, efficiency and size/athleticism are pretty legit tho, I'll give you that. He's like 2018 TT with Kungfu grip, once he snatches up Katy Perry to meet the white girlfriend quota then we'll talk forreal

This is a TT smear campaign, he's not playing well this year but mans is a monster/Champion. Have some respect papi's

Don't make me turn this into a TT appreciation thread. Don't make me suwoo my Canadians.

You realize the TT callbacks are coming from a place of love.. right?

Your getting a little ribbing only because you are a respected poster and people think very well of you.

The former was as much of a joke as the latter, just messing'

Rest in Power Chadwick

Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#486 » by Mars » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:37 pm

Read the description below at the 26 min 18 sec mark then give a listen.

Riley proclaimed it in back in June, now Casey sees it...

Read on Twitter
GUTS™
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,197

Post#487 » by rate_ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:13 pm

ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#488 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:09 pm

I admit I gave up on this guy too quick. Looks like he has a lot of potential. Hope he continues to develop into an excellent player.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#489 » by Bishop45 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:39 pm

Rest in Power Chadwick

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,811

Post#490 » by KingDavid » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am

Bishop45 wrote:

;t=129s

Cearly he's been locked in a box. He doesn't even look at the basket if the ball is in his hands. He has flashes all the skills you want from a 3/4 but Spo only wanted him to set screens, handoffs, and catch lobs while we hoarded 3pt bricks. I can honestly say that Thompson is a bad comparison. Tt was able to defend the post, get rebounds, get OFFENSIVE rebounds. The only things they do similar is catch lobs and set good screens and one may be inept on offense, but it remains to be seen while the other is COMPLETELY inept on offense and is on the bench because of it.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#491 » by Bishop45 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:56 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Cearly he's been locked in a box. He doesn't even look at the basket if the ball is in his hands. He has flashes all the skills you want from a 3/4 but Spo only wanted him to set screens, handoffs, and catch lobs while we hoarded 3pt bricks. I can honestly say that Thompson is a bad comparison. Tt was able to defend the post, get rebounds, get OFFENSIVE rebounds. The only things they do similar is catch lobs and set good screens and one may be inept on offense, but it remains to be seen while the other is COMPLETELY inept on offense and is on the bench because of it.

Clearly? That's who he's been his whole basketball career. I already mentioned that TT was better on boards, post defense and more of a physical presence. TT's on the bench rn because he's been much worse than previous years but prime TT and most importantly college TT was where the Bam comparison came from and if you just look at raw numbers, I find it hard to call Bam a bad comparison

Bam hasn't been as good on the offensive boards in the league, which is problematic but there's still time

Rest in Power Chadwick

Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,606

Post#492 » by Enso » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:16 pm

Bam has been put in a box though Bish, he has a jumper which TT doesn't have at all. Spos just got to give him the freedom to let it fly.
rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,197

Post#493 » by rate_ » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:27 pm

TT doesn’t have Bam’s fluidity, ball skills, or shooting touch. Bam’s role he is being asked to play on offense isn’t as natural as TT since Bam can be used in more ways. Bam lacks confidence, but he has the tools to become a 15 PPG player in the future.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#494 » by Bishop45 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:45 pm

Forget I mentioned TT, Bam's had an incredible rookie yr and I look forward to the progress

Rest in Power Chadwick

Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,800

Post#495 » by Mos_Heat » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:58 pm

A mix between Siakam and TT
:reporter:
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,772

Post#496 » by contract » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Enso wrote:Bam has been put in a box though Bish, he has a jumper which TT doesn't have at all. Spos just got to give him the freedom to let it fly.

No. I want Bam to focus the basic athletic big man stuff. Set screens, dunk lobs, get putbacks, play good team defense, and run the floor. The last thing we need is Bam thinking about his offensive game and turning into another Whiteside.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,811

Post#497 » by KingDavid » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Bam was bringing the ball up on offense, running fast breaks, and taking bigs off the bounce in high school. Tt was never known for that. Calipari doesn't let his bigs play like that and that's why Bam's offensive game doesn't have polish yet. Spo wasn't letting the kid develop his game over the season either. He kept him screening, handoffs, and catching lobs. Nothing else. Draws fouls at an insane rate in the post (was tt known for that in college as well?), yet he gets no touches but lobs.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#498 » by Bishop45 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:36 pm

KingDavid wrote:Bam was bringing the ball up on offense, running fast breaks, and taking bigs off the bounce in high school. Tt was never known for that. Calipari doesn't let his bigs play like that and that's why Bam's offensive game doesn't have polish yet. Spo wasn't letting the kid develop his game over the season either. He kept him screening, handoffs, and catching lobs. Nothing else. Draws fouls at an insane rate in the post (was tt known for that in college as well?), yet he gets no touches but lobs.

It's no slight, is what it is. I've let it go, many of you see nothing alike in the two so I must be looking too closely

As for the fouls tho, TT was a top 5 pick for a reason

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/tristan-thompson-2.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/edrice-adebayo-1.html

Rest in Power Chadwick

contract
RealGM
And1: 20,772

Post#499 » by contract » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:43 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Bam was bringing the ball up on offense, running fast breaks, and taking bigs off the bounce in high school. Tt was never known for that. Calipari doesn't let his bigs play like that and that's why Bam's offensive game doesn't have polish yet. Spo wasn't letting the kid develop his game over the season either. He kept him screening, handoffs, and catching lobs. Nothing else. Draws fouls at an insane rate in the post (was tt known for that in college as well?), yet he gets no touches but lobs.

It's no slight, is what it is. I've let it go, many of you see nothing alike in the two so I must be looking too closely

As for the fouls tho, TT was a top 5 pick for a reason

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/tristan-thompson-2.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/edrice-adebayo-1.html

Thanks! Now I won't be able to sleep all summer.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,431

Post#500 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:11 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:I just don't get this pick. Why.

they say he hit some 3's in practice. **** BS. He's years away from even trying to jack up a 3 in a real game. he's a 65% FT shooter. He can't play PF in todays league.

Why limit yourself to a 10 minutes backup, we could have taken a gamble on someone that had a chance to be a real contributor.

So.. about bam the shooting PF...
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs

Return to Miami Heat