Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Omer Yurtseven (2017 draft) scores 91 pts 

Post#61 » by Ruzious » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:56 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I'm not sure Omer has to sit out a year. I think they changed the rule a few years ago that if the team the player's leaving is ok with him not skipping a year, the NCAA will allow the player to play right away.

Gonna need some corroboration on that because that seems to only be for hardship waivers (i.e. family/proximity issues) or grad transfers. Unless Omer graduated in two years, he is going to sit out.

There is a rule that could allow him to play in the fall, but he's got to improve his GPA to qualify:

Under present rules, Yurtseven would sit out the 2018-19 season and have two years of eligibility remaining. A pending NCAA rule change which would allow transfers to play immediately if they carry a 3.0 or better grade average, may allow Yurtseven to play as early as this fall, though he told the News & Observer he does not yet have a 3.0.

https://www.casualhoya.com/2018/4/16/17242740/n-c-state-center-omer-yurtseven-transfers-to-georgetown
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,033

Post#62 » by daoneandonly » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:59 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I'm not sure Omer has to sit out a year. I think they changed the rule a few years ago that if the team the player's leaving is ok with him not skipping a year, the NCAA will allow the player to play right away.

Gonna need some corroboration on that because that seems to only be for hardship waivers (i.e. family/proximity issues) or grad transfers. Unless Omer graduated in two years, he is going to sit out.

There is a rule that could allow him to play in the fall, but he's got to improve his GPA to qualify:

Under present rules, Yurtseven would sit out the 2018-19 season and have two years of eligibility remaining. A pending NCAA rule change which would allow transfers to play immediately if they carry a 3.0 or better grade average, may allow Yurtseven to play as early as this fall, though he told the News & Observer he does not yet have a 3.0.

https://www.casualhoya.com/2018/4/16/17242740/n-c-state-center-omer-yurtseven-transfers-to-georgetown

Interesting, no idea there was such a rule
Worm122
Senior
And1: 91

Post#63 » by Worm122 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:11 pm

Any news?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando RealGM Forums
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#64 » by doordoor123 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 3:17 pm

freestyler34 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:
Yes you were just a little harsh on him.

Hes 7 footer - " Lenght will be a problem for him "
He didnt play at all last year - " Theres a reason he wasnt draftable last year "
5-6 from 3, rest of the his points hook shots far away from the baseline and mid range jumpers " Dominating mismatches "
7 footer that shoot from the 3 and block shots "Useless G-league talent "

Ohh and "its just college 3 pt line" where %90 of the NBA prospects plays, You are right Center is a different position from SF/SG you need more athleticism to play SF/SG in the NBA, and if you think Doncic has athleticism close to NBA SF/SG's please quit watching basketball , and since you think that as you said many times before, " you cant be succesful at the next level without ahtleticism" dont get me wrong i think Doncic is a pretty good player, you are the one who says that.

You are clearly one of those European guys that hate on every Turkish prospect without a reason and Praising every other European prospects

Lol what? I like Enes Kanter. But in general I don’t like Turkish prospects because none of them have great fluidity. Cedi Osman is pretty solid. You can be successful without elite athleticism is you can shoot really well and pass really well. Doncic is extremely skilled. It’s not only about athleticism, speed and size, but it makes a big difference. Doncic has great size, he’s a great passer, extremely skilled shooting off the dribble or off the catch, had great footwork, etc. in comparison Yurtseven is undersized, slow, cant jump, has some post moves, but not advanced, not a great rebounder, he’s a solid passer, and he’s a good shooter. There’s a stark difference there in terms of positional fit in the NBA.

Doncic is also leading his team in a man’s league while Yurtseven is beating up little kids.

I dont compare Yurtseven and Doncic i just bring him up beacuse hes your number 1 and when you criticize Yurtseven you talk about his athleticism and ignore his other aspects of the game yet you wont do that for Doncic .

doordoor123 wrote:You can be successful without elite athleticism is you can shoot really well and pass really well

Yurtseven FG %61, 3P %73 and hes a good passer but lets ignore.

doordoor123 wrote:Yurtseven is undersized

How come Yurtseven is undersized when hes 7 ft wanna explain ?

doordoor123 wrote:not a great rebounder

Hes averaging 6.8 Rbs per game in just 21 mins , he even got 10 offensive rebounds in one game ,one of the best offensive rebounder in the college.

doordoor123 wrote:Doncic is also leading his team in a man’s league while Yurtseven is beating up little kids

:lol: And here that classic quote from a European guy when he tries to bring down a college prospect to praise someone playing in the Europe, so %90 of the NBA prospects playing in the college whats your point ?

You are really interesting you think at 6-6 Doncic has a good size for a NBA SF but 7ft Yurtseven undersized for Center and Doncic really a good shooter that makes up for his athleticism when he shoots %33 from 3 this season , oh and you think Doncic is NBA level atlete at SF position while Yurtseven have to be Dwight Howard to play in the NBA .

Do you think Yurtseven will be drafted this year? Or is he still really good?
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,642

Post#65 » by peZt » Wed Mar 3, 2021 12:48 pm

Dude's been putting up stats in the G-League. But not a big fan tbh.Too soft, low BB IQ, tunnelvision in the paint, always looks like he's playing at 70%. Questionable length and athleticism. Also just stiff af, like a stick

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#66 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Mar 3, 2021 4:59 pm

He could have been a backup C in like 2008. Not a NBA player right now. Like a poor mans Willy Hernangomez.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect
And1: 459

Post#67 » by freestyler34 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 3:08 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
freestyler34 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
Lol what? I like Enes Kanter. But in general I don’t like Turkish prospects because none of them have great fluidity. Cedi Osman is pretty solid. You can be successful without elite athleticism is you can shoot really well and pass really well. Doncic is extremely skilled. It’s not only about athleticism, speed and size, but it makes a big difference. Doncic has great size, he’s a great passer, extremely skilled shooting off the dribble or off the catch, had great footwork, etc. in comparison Yurtseven is undersized, slow, cant jump, has some post moves, but not advanced, not a great rebounder, he’s a solid passer, and he’s a good shooter. There’s a stark difference there in terms of positional fit in the NBA.

Doncic is also leading his team in a man’s league while Yurtseven is beating up little kids.

I dont compare Yurtseven and Doncic i just bring him up beacuse hes your number 1 and when you criticize Yurtseven you talk about his athleticism and ignore his other aspects of the game yet you wont do that for Doncic .

doordoor123 wrote:You can be successful without elite athleticism is you can shoot really well and pass really well

Yurtseven FG %61, 3P %73 and hes a good passer but lets ignore.

doordoor123 wrote:Yurtseven is undersized

How come Yurtseven is undersized when hes 7 ft wanna explain ?

doordoor123 wrote:not a great rebounder

Hes averaging 6.8 Rbs per game in just 21 mins , he even got 10 offensive rebounds in one game ,one of the best offensive rebounder in the college.

doordoor123 wrote:Doncic is also leading his team in a man’s league while Yurtseven is beating up little kids

:lol: And here that classic quote from a European guy when he tries to bring down a college prospect to praise someone playing in the Europe, so %90 of the NBA prospects playing in the college whats your point ?

You are really interesting you think at 6-6 Doncic has a good size for a NBA SF but 7ft Yurtseven undersized for Center and Doncic really a good shooter that makes up for his athleticism when he shoots %33 from 3 this season , oh and you think Doncic is NBA level atlete at SF position while Yurtseven have to be Dwight Howard to play in the NBA .

Do you think Yurtseven will be drafted this year? Or is he still really good?

Yes i still think hes good, what about you ?
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#68 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue Jan 4, 2022 6:06 am

close to 15/15/2/2/36 with a bit of rounding off.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot

Return to NBA Draft