ImageImage

FISERV FORUM THREAD - Open House/Block Party 8/26

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,110

Re: Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center (NEW ARENA) Thread 

Post#201 » by LittleRooster » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:15 pm

buckboy wrote:Going on a private tour of the new place on Friday afternoon with the general contractor of the project. My brother in law is neighbors with the guy who is running the show and he is giving 4 of us a tour. If anyone has any specific questions I'd be happy to ask

Sounds like we have our new Buckpack :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LittleRooster
General Manager

Post#202 » by LittleRooster » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:15 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:I think it should be George Webb Arena. Then they could have two scoreboards.

Underrated post

BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,006

Post#203 » by BuckFan25226 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:16 pm

BUCKnation wrote:I could see Milwaukee Tool being a legit potential sponsor. I always see them on the ad boards of Premiere League games and the naming of the arena is another potential global sports sponsorship.

They will not be. I happened to talk to a higher up Exec last week. They mentioned they briefly entertained it but ended up sponsoring the arena site and build. They literally walk on site and if a worker on site isn't using a Milwaukee tool, they replace what they have with a Milwaukee for nothing. Kind of cool.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#204 » by buckboy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:22 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
buckboy wrote:Going on a private tour of the new place on Friday afternoon with the general contractor of the project. My brother in law is neighbors with the guy who is running the show and he is giving 4 of us a tour. If anyone has any specific questions I'd be happy to ask

Sounds like we have our new Buckpack :)

:lol: On a much more boring topic. And one time only.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#205 » by humanrefutation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:25 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:I think it should be George Webb Arena. Then they could have two scoreboards.

I miss George Webbs.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#206 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Think naming rights come in May?
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#207 » by IrishRainbow » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:23 pm

bring in Ed West to announce the new Milwaukee Tool Box

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using RealGM mobile app
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#208 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:54 pm

How many I-Beams did Alex physically install? "I saw the hard hat photos".

Sounds like fun. No real questions.
Go Bucks!
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#209 » by mke_design » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Drop the name, the POBO, GM, coach and Jabari signing the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,017

Post#210 » by FrieAaron » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Edit: Wrong thread.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#211 » by mcfromage » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:00 pm

humanrefutation wrote:

I miss George Webbs.

Webb's is still around!
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#212 » by humanrefutation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:04 pm

mcfromage wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

I miss George Webbs.

Webb's is still around!

Not many of them. Most of them are gone.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#213 » by trwi7 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:07 pm

All this talk about George Webb is making me want to head out to Oconomowoc for a Webb's burger run.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,902

Post#214 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:31 pm

trwi7 wrote:All this talk about George Webb is making me want to head out to Oconomowoc for a Webb's burger run.

I'm actually thinking of making a run too. There's one about 5 miles away I think. But the nice weather has me thinkin' of grillin' instead.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,239

Post#215 » by soboMP3 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:00 pm

My wife and I went to Story Hill BKC for brunch but we didn't want to wait 45 minutes, so decided to head down to Bavaria in Wauwautosa. On the way down Bluemound I noticed the George Webb and remembered she had never been there (being from Chippewa Falls). I know, a total 180 from higher-end food, right? But I was remembering the days of their $4.99 Ham and Cheese omelette where they doused the thing cheese whiz (or something similar), and the delicious pieces of butter-soaked toast and thought "why not"?

What a disgrace. The Ham and Cheese omelette sucked and was nothing like what I remembered. She got some sort of 2 eggs, bacon, toast breakfast... I ordered a side of bacon, we each had a coffee and an orange juice. Our bill came out to $37+tip and that side of 3 pieces of wilted bacon was like $4.99. George Webb's is forever dead to me.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,902

Post#216 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:16 pm

I really don't give two craps what they name the place but I think it gets announced in the next two weeks.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#217 » by bizarro » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:50 pm

soboMP3 wrote:My wife and I went to Story Hill BKC for brunch but we didn't want to wait 45 minutes, so decided to head down to Bavaria in Wauwautosa. On the way down Bluemound I noticed the George Webb and remembered she had never been there (being from Chippewa Falls). I know, a total 180 from higher-end food, right? But I was remembering the days of their $4.99 Ham and Cheese omelette where they doused the thing cheese whiz (or something similar), and the delicious pieces of butter-soaked toast and thought "why not"?

What a disgrace. The Ham and Cheese omelette sucked and was nothing like what I remembered. She got some sort of 2 eggs, bacon, toast breakfast... I ordered a side of bacon, we each had a coffee and an orange juice. Our bill came out to $37+tip and that side of 3 pieces of wilted bacon was like $4.99. George Webb's is forever dead to me.

Man, what a s****y experience! It's funny how as we age we revisit those nostalgic places and they rarely fit the bill. I can't even imagine a 2018 George Webb's! It seems like the perfect late 80's early 90's Wisco diner. But, now that food has evolved so much in the past 20 years I imagine it's a poor man's Huddle House? I don't even know. Too bad!
LittleRooster
General Manager

Post#218 » by LittleRooster » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:30 pm

bizarro wrote:
soboMP3 wrote:My wife and I went to Story Hill BKC for brunch but we didn't want to wait 45 minutes, so decided to head down to Bavaria in Wauwautosa. On the way down Bluemound I noticed the George Webb and remembered she had never been there (being from Chippewa Falls). I know, a total 180 from higher-end food, right? But I was remembering the days of their $4.99 Ham and Cheese omelette where they doused the thing cheese whiz (or something similar), and the delicious pieces of butter-soaked toast and thought "why not"?

Man, what a s****y experience! It's funny how as we age we revisit those nostalgic places and they rarely fit the bill. I can't even imagine a 2018 George Webb's! It seems like the perfect late 80's early 90's Wisco diner. But, now that food has evolved so much in the past 20 years I imagine it's a poor man's Huddle House? I don't even know. Too bad!

It’s a poor mans Waffle House

CountMe3Outs
Sophomore
And1: 219

Post#219 » by CountMe3Outs » Tue May 1, 2018 2:24 am

Post#200 » by buckboy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:02 pm
Going on a private tour of the new place on Friday afternoon with the general contractor of the project. My brother in law is neighbors with the guy who is running the show and he is giving 4 of us a tour. If anyone has any specific questions I'd be happy to ask

For xtra credit, find out (or measure) the SEAT PITCH for the upper & lower bowls !
I estimated 35" for the lower bowl and 33" for the upper bowl.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,762

Post#220 » by ReginaldDwight » Tue May 1, 2018 2:26 am

bizarro wrote:

Webbs was always about the guy cooking the crap in the back a good cook could create some magic back there.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks