ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Re: OT: Leasing a ‘18 Honda Civic SI 

Post#821 » by digitaldropoff » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
el13adnino wrote:because...

I'll wait to hear a reason why as well? I mean, if you like getting a new ride every three years....than it makes sense. If you don't, then I don't really know why it's better than owning. Key is to buy a used car that was leased.....it's usually certified and not to F-ed up from the previous owner because they know they need to return it in decent shape and within the miles allowed.

For 1, you get a new car every 2-3 years.
2. Personally, I will not buy something that depreciates over time, a car is not an investment and when you buy a car or finance, you will be making those monthly payments for 5-8 years, depending on how much u put down and the car.
3. By the time you done with the payments, the car is almost ready to break down unless you maintain it. BMW's and Benz etc .. do not hold their value at all. Honda, toyota and few cars last pretty long and the parts are cheap and easy to get so it wouldn't be too bad with those kind of cars.
I like to "buy" things that goes up in value overtime like property, gold, sneakers etc.. if not then I lease it. Just my opinion.

It all depends on your lifestyle. My last car I owned for over 11 years, my current one that I am paying on, I will drive it no less than 8 years. Leasing cars is fine, it's just silly to say that is the best way of doing things as a general broad statement.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Re: OT: Leasing a ‘18 Honda Civic SI 

Post#822 » by Papi_swav » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:39 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
I'll wait to hear a reason why as well? I mean, if you like getting a new ride every three years....than it makes sense. If you don't, then I don't really know why it's better than owning. Key is to buy a used car that was leased.....it's usually certified and not to F-ed up from the previous owner because they know they need to return it in decent shape and within the miles allowed.

For 1, you get a new car every 2-3 years.
2. Personally, I will not buy something that depreciates over time, a car is not an investment and when you buy a car or finance, you will be making those monthly payments for 5-8 years, depending on how much u put down and the car.
3. By the time you done with the payments, the car is almost ready to break down unless you maintain it. BMW's and Benz etc .. do not hold their value at all. Honda, toyota and few cars last pretty long and the parts are cheap and easy to get so it wouldn't be too bad with those kind of cars.
I like to "buy" things that goes up in value overtime like property, gold, sneakers etc.. if not then I lease it. Just my opinion.

It all depends on your lifestyle. My last car I owned for over 11 years, my current one that I am paying on, I will drive it no less than 8 years. Leasing cars is fine, it's just silly to say that is the best way of doing things as a general broad statement.

I believe it is the best way of doing things and it isn't silly. Unless you're buying a used honda or toyota then it's ok, but if you're buying a used BMW, Audi etc... it's not a good idea. If you want a more flashier looking car than I would lease it but if you want something reliable and from point A to point B, can't go wrong with a littler older model Honda.
wackbone
RealGM
And1: 3,385

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#823 » by wackbone » Thu Apr 5, 2018 4:21 am

Hey Everyone! I have only ever been in the Trades and Transactions section of the website, mainly the Trades and Transactions Games, but I have been told numerous times of the wonderful action on this forum in particular. I am sorting through the vast amount of threads to find some information, but if anyone could fill me in on the BAT or similar franchise building games you have here, I'd love to learn more! Thanks so much!

BAF Celtics
PG: Russell Westbrook|Beverley
SG: Desmond Bane|Mathurin
SF: Mikal Bridges|Mathurin
PF: John Collins|Williams
C: Chet Holmgren|Kleber

Other: Boeheim, Roddy, Thompson, Saric, McDermott
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#824 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:57 pm

wackbone wrote:Hey Everyone! I have only ever been in the Trades and Transactions section of the website, mainly the Trades and Transactions Games, but I have been told numerous times of the wonderful action on this forum in particular. I am sorting through the vast amount of threads to find some information, but if anyone could fill me in on the BAT or similar franchise building games you have here, I'd love to learn more! Thanks so much!

F*CK YOU! STFU AND GTFO!

You think you can come onto our thread with all your cheeriness and niceness? :noway: Well, think again! Jesus, where do we get these people from????
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,616

Post#825 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:48 am

soo uhh anyone else watch black lightning?
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#826 » by Red Vines » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:30 am

Let me introduce myself. I have a sweet tooth for Red Vines. I grew up on the 90s Knicks, love Patrick Ewing. Been on this forum for 13 years, graduated college, got married, bought our first house, chasing kids around while I post, no complaints. I remember my first posts criticizing fans for being pessimistic, I've always been an optimistic fan, trying to see the glass half-full. I've had the opportunity to be a moderator but instead recommended other people who I thought would do a good job. A lot has changed but I'm here every season cheering on this dumb team. Anyway, these last few months have sucked. I've been banned 3 times because some people strongly disagree with some of my opinions and have convinced others I'm trolling. For the record, the last thing on my to-do list is to make other Knicks fans more miserable. I'm trying to figure out the best way forward like everyone else, saving myself and others from more misery. The policy I recommend and try to follow is to agree to disagree, admit you could be wrong, and don't take anything personal.

A couple days ago I explained why I thought Mike Budenholzer is not a good fit in the coaching thread. After that I saw a new article on Twitter about Mark Jackson and linked to that. After that I was banned for trolling because some people could not take a different perspective seriously. That is not how the Knicks forum should operate and for the most part doesn't. Everyone should feel free to express their opinions no matter how strongly others disagree. If your goal is to eradicate jokes or opinions that don't fit your narrative, I don't think this is the right place for you. The aim of a discussion forum is not to achieve uniform agreement on controversial topics in order to make everyone comfortable. If an opinion poll goes 100% towards your preferred option, that is not a reason to celebrate, it means the forum is broken because it doesn't reflect the diversity of opinion that actually exists. There will always be significant disagreement and the last thing that needs to be protected by moderators are majority opinions which are in no danger of being bullied into silence.

I just want to strongly urge everyone to end this kind of mob mentality/personal grudge way of handling things because it damages the Knicks forum which has been one of the most tolerant and fun sports forums on the internet. There's always going to be unpopular positions taken, people you don't like, jokes you're offended by, and that's really what makes the forum alive. Being annoyed with someone doesn't mean they are trolling, the problem could be a lack of tolerance for other perspectives. RealGM Lifehack: If you don't want to read someone's opinions you can hide their posts, you don't need to accuse them of having bad intentions, trying to bait you, or report them because of some unfounded suspicions you have. At least that's my opinion. This is my last post, let's agree to disagree and keep it moving. Please don't report this.

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,007

Post#827 » by god shammgod » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:47 am

Red Vines wrote:Let me introduce myself. I have a sweet tooth for Red Vines. I grew up on the 90s Knicks, love Patrick Ewing. Been on this forum for 13 years, graduated college, got married, bought our first house, chasing kids around while I post, no complaints. I remember my first posts criticizing fans for being pessimistic, I've always been an optimistic fan, trying to see the glass half-full. I've had the opportunity to be a moderator but instead recommended other people who I thought would do a good job. A lot has changed but I'm here every season cheering on this dumb team. Anyway, these last few months have sucked. I've been banned 3 times because some people strongly disagree with some of my opinions and have convinced others I'm trolling. For the record, the last thing on my to-do list is to make other Knicks fans more miserable. I'm trying to figure out the best way forward like everyone else, saving myself and others from more misery. The policy I recommend and try to follow is to agree to disagree, admit you could be wrong, and don't take anything personal.

A couple days ago I explained why I thought Mike Budenholzer is not a good fit in the coaching thread. After that I saw a new article on Twitter about Mark Jackson and linked to that. After that I was banned for trolling because some people could not take a different perspective seriously. That is not how the Knicks forum should operate and for the most part doesn't. Everyone should feel free to express their opinions no matter how strongly others disagree. If your goal is to eradicate jokes or opinions that don't fit your narrative, I don't think this is the right place for you. The aim of a discussion forum is not to achieve uniform agreement on controversial topics in order to make everyone comfortable. If an opinion poll goes 100% towards your preferred option, that is not a reason to celebrate, it means the forum is broken because it doesn't reflect the diversity of opinion that actually exists. There will always be significant disagreement and the last thing that needs to be protected by moderators are majority opinions which are in no danger of being bullied into silence.

I just want to strongly urge everyone to end this kind of mob mentality/personal grudge way of handling things because it damages the Knicks forum which has been one of the most tolerant and fun sports forums on the internet. There's always going to be unpopular positions taken, people you don't like, jokes you're offended by, and that's really what makes the forum alive. Being annoyed with someone doesn't mean they are trolling, the problem could be a lack of tolerance for other perspectives. RealGM Lifehack: If you don't want to read someone's opinions you can hide their posts, you don't need to accuse them of having bad intentions, trying to bait you, or report them because of some unfounded suspicions you have. At least that's my opinion. This is my last post, let's agree to disagree and keep it moving. Please don't report this.

in this thread or on the forum ? if it's the latter, don't leave man.

also...since when do we have a "community" thread ?
god shammgod
RealGM

Re: Knicks Coaching Search Part 3 

Post#828 » by god shammgod » Wed May 2, 2018 5:35 pm

did y'all really suspend red vines for saying he wanted mark jackson ? i think it's crazy too but that aint right lol
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#829 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed May 2, 2018 5:37 pm

god shammgod wrote:did y'all really suspend red vines for saying he wanted mark jackson ? i think it's crazy too but that aint right lol

No idea. Just saw his post in the community thread when he made it, and that was it. Actually sent him a PM telling him not to go...but alas, he left.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#830 » by whocares1 » Wed May 2, 2018 5:38 pm

god shammgod wrote:did y'all really suspend red vines for saying he wanted mark jackson ? i think it's crazy too but that aint right lol

Didn’t he get suspended for wanting Trey Burke to start? Maybe we should get Jackson.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,850

Post#831 » by Fury » Wed May 2, 2018 5:39 pm

god shammgod wrote:did y'all really suspend red vines for saying he wanted mark jackson ?

Hope so
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#832 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 2, 2018 6:27 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

No one is going to get banned for wanting Mark Jackson no matter how much crap we give them

Their Burke fixation turned them into a Frank troll which made no sense and he was called out for it many times so that was where they generated a loss of goodwill probably

Still, it sounds like they left after a suspension which is different than being permanently banned

He'll be back.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,182

Post#833 » by Clyde_Style » Wed May 2, 2018 6:27 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

No one is going to get banned for wanting Mark Jackson no matter how much crap we give them

Their Burke fixation turned them into a Frank troll which made no sense and he was called out for it many times so that was where they generated a loss of goodwill probably

Still, it sounds like they left after a suspension which is different than being permanently banned

It was sad to watch that decline. Dude went all in on Trey Burke like he was Jordan.

They became the boy in the bubble. They communicated, but were not communicable
ImageImageImage
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#834 » by god shammgod » Wed May 2, 2018 6:30 pm

red vines was just having a little fun. it's realgm, it's not that serious. y'all need to calm down. plus red vines created some of the best images ever on this site. does everything a man did in his life get washed away when you start to disagree with him. shame. rings bell. shame.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,182

Post#835 » by Clyde_Style » Wed May 2, 2018 6:33 pm

god shammgod wrote:red vines was just having a little fun. it's realgm, it's not that serious. y'all need to calm down. plus red vines created some of the best images ever on this site. does everything a man did in his life get washed away when you start to disagree with him. shame. rings bell. shame.

Nobody said anything about wanting them banned Sham. Just talking about what led up to their disappearance
ImageImageImage
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#836 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed May 2, 2018 7:00 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
god shammgod wrote:red vines was just having a little fun. it's realgm, it's not that serious. y'all need to calm down. plus red vines created some of the best images ever on this site. does everything a man did in his life get washed away when you start to disagree with him. shame. rings bell. shame.

Dude was one of the better posters on here. Then he lost his mind. If he was just kidding around...He took it way too far IMO.

Red Vines god banned? Thats some bull ****. Dudes been posting her too long to get banned.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#837 » by god shammgod » Wed May 2, 2018 7:01 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Dude was one of the better posters on here. Then he lost his mind. If he was just kidding around...He took it way too far IMO.

Red Vines god banned? Thats some bull ****. Dudes been posting her too long to get banned.

no. he left on his own.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#838 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed May 2, 2018 7:01 pm

What do you mean "left on his own" ?
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,576

Post#839 » by El Poochio » Wed May 2, 2018 7:14 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Dudes been posting Red Vines too long?

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,054

Post#840 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed May 2, 2018 7:20 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

no. he left on his own.

I should add...he never did anything ban worthy that I know of. He just wouldn't let the Trey thing go. If it was an act or a joke...he played it off very well.
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks