Quin Snyder for COY

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Re: Quin Snyder for COY 

Post#21 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:49 am

BarneyGumble wrote:If the awards were given purely upon expectations coming in vs results going out, Snyder would be unanimous.....

Nate McMillan would be in the running. They had a similar offseason where they lost their main guy and many people had them tanking. He did a fantastic job.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#22 » by BarneyGumble » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:01 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
BarneyGumble wrote:If the awards were given purely upon expectations coming in vs results going out, Snyder would be unanimous.....

What about the 2003-04 Jazz team that was supposed to be one of the worst teams in history and ended up with a 42-40 record?

In my opinion Sloan should have gotten it that season and in once in either 1997 or 1998, as well.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#23 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:57 pm

I was unsure where to post this... it's a crappy-chop melting two of my greatest interests: Utah Jazz and Inoue's Slam Dunk Manga and Anime.

Let's say, in the manganime, the coach was the key to transform a bunch of problematic and apparently non-compatible guys from a shameful disaster to a great team.

I'm still tryin' to figure out how to melt SociopathEyes and Anzai-Sensei
Different kind of people:

"The game is over in the moment you give up"
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#24 » by vryadli » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:39 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:I was unsure where to post this... it's a crappy-chop melting two of my greatest interests: Utah Jazz and Inoue's Slam Dunk Manga and Anime.

Let's say, in the manganime, the coach was the key to transform a bunch of different and apparently non-compatible guys from a disaster headed to tanking to a great team.

Supercool picture!!!! It's beyond simple fun and bounds to real art.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#25 » by BudTugly » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:22 am

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#26 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:43 pm

ESPN made some unofficial poll with Cavaliers' players for NBA Awards votes.

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2018/04/12/cleveland-cavaliers-players-give-picks-nba-awards/

To recap, the Cavaliers would vote James for MVP (12 votes), Donovan Mitchell for ROY (7 votes), Victor Oladipo for Most Improved Player (11 votes), Rudy Gobert for DPOY (5 votes), Lou Williams for Sixth Man of the Year (12 votes) and Quin Snyder for COY (4 votes).

Not relevant (there's some ex-Utah players voting), but related.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
Stern Fixer
Rookie
And1: 282

Post#27 » by Stern Fixer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:42 pm

BudTugly wrote:

Thanks for posting, nice to see the hands on stuff. Great coach definitely deserving of the award, hope he reels it in.
"But if you want to win, you have to teach a player how to win. That's why I don't believe in tanking, all that stuff. You don't learn how to win by losing on purpose to get a 19-year-old who you've never seen." -Rudy Gobert, 2017/18 Season
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#28 » by El Hespiritu » Fri May 4, 2018 11:58 pm

Read on Twitter

RR: Excellent information, excellent knowledge. The best I've listened in a long time. This kind of journalism is dope. Congrats.

He's linkin' a spanish podcast named "El Reverso", from Gonzalo Vazquez (G) and Andrés Monje. Two of the best (if not THE best) NBA european journalists.
Of course, they are not into the Mass Media environment... they are only for connosieurs.

I must say G honored me with his friendship.

So, maybe I'm biased...

... The hell I'm biased!! They are The Best and that's all!

This episode recommended by TheGoldenBoy is a monography about SociopathEyes (Quin Snyder).

That episode's sections are:

1) A hectic career: From NCAA troublesome stuff to assisting different NBA coaches including Pops.
2) Moscovian vital stance: The European experience.
3) Destiny Utah: Ídem.
3) 4T philosophy: Snyder's basketball method.
4) Coaching staff: His Pretorian Guard.
5) Optimization: Ingles-Gobert-Rubio. Different approaches to every player to get the best from each one.

(Just click at the button to listen it by ivoox)

If any of you can understand but a few words in Spanish, give it a chance.

It's gold.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#29 » by El Hespiritu » Wed May 9, 2018 2:40 pm

ImageUnofficial.
Provided it's true:

Shame! Shame! Shame!

Casey it's a great coach, no doubt.
Other coaches deserved it more according what I saw this season.

Not only SociopathEyes got few votes... Brad The Implicator got none!
I'm getting a bad opinion about NBA coaches' self-consciousness.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,462

Post#30 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed May 9, 2018 2:55 pm

Really? I thought Stevens, Pop, Brown and D'Antoni did a great job this season and were more deserving. It's funny that Casey is voted COY and already there are rumors about the Raptors wanting to replace him:
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/249818/Raptors-Leaning-Towards-Replacing-Dwane-Casey
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#31 » by stitches » Wed May 9, 2018 3:02 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Really? I thought Stevens, Pop, Brown and D'Antoni did a great job this season and were more deserving. It's funny that Casey is voted COY and already there are rumors about the Raptors wanting to replace him:
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/249818/Raptors-Leaning-Towards-Replacing-Dwane-Casey

How awkward would it be if Casey gets fired the year he wins COTY? LOL...
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#32 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed May 9, 2018 3:12 pm

stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:Really? I thought Stevens, Pop, Brown and D'Antoni did a great job this season and were more deserving. It's funny that Casey is voted COY and already there are rumors about the Raptors wanting to replace him:

Wouldn't be the first time it happens.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#33 » by BudTugly » Wed May 9, 2018 11:40 pm

Quin pregame:

ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#34 » by ForeverRDjazz » Thu May 10, 2018 12:23 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
stitches wrote:

Wouldn't be the first time it happens.

Happen twice to the same person. :banghead:
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#35 » by Daddy 801 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:41 am

I thought Casey did a good job in the regular season. It’s not like I’m a raptors fan and know a ton. But I’ve read about him completely changing the offense and he took his team to the #1 seed. It’s a shame they couldn’t last longer. I’d like to see the #1 team be able to choose their opponent. It would be good for the league to have the #1 team advance farther in the rounds and it would give more incentive for the regular season to matter.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#36 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu May 10, 2018 4:13 pm

Apparently, not only did Casey win COY, but Stevens did not receive a single vote...

stitches
RealGM

Post#37 » by stitches » Thu May 10, 2018 4:34 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Apparently, not only did Casey win COY, but Stevens did not receive a single vote...

This is not the real COY award. It's the one that the league organize and coaches vote for. The real COY award is voted by selected media.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#38 » by AingesBurner » Thu May 10, 2018 4:43 pm

stitches wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:Apparently, not only did Casey win COY, but Stevens did not receive a single vote...

This is not the real COY award. It's the one that the league organize and coaches vote for. The real COY award is voted by selected media.

I would hold that award in high regard than the media award.
Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#39 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu May 10, 2018 4:45 pm

stitches wrote:

Well, yes. Which should have more credibility than the media award, imho. So how can it be that not even one coach cast a vote for Stevens?

stitches
RealGM

Post#40 » by stitches » Thu May 10, 2018 4:50 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
stitches wrote:

Well, yes. Which should have more credibility than the media award, imho. So how can it be that not even one coach cast a vote for Stevens?

Probably because coaches hold grudges and are petty and can't stand the attention Stevens is getting like he's some superstar coach in a league of his own who can do no wrong. And that's why this award should NOT be the more valuable one. Just like the MVP voted by the players should not be the more valuable one...

A while ago I listened to some podcast where they were discussing how the league was seeing Brad Stevens. I can't remember which one it was because I listen to a ton of them, but the hosts were saying that the league is not falling for the Brad Stevens love fest and that GMs and execs he's been talking to think he's a pretty good coach but they definitely do not see him in the same way the media seems to - total and unquestionable adoration and love. And BTW this voting absolutely confirms what those hosts were saying...

Return to Utah Jazz