Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,348

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1981 » by Calinks » Wed May 16, 2018 8:20 pm

lbj273 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Calinks wrote:Xbox One is still the main console but the X is the upgraded version of it.

So S was like the first edition, or?

2nd I believe. The original, then the S is a slimmer console and then the X which is the beefes up version

Yep. The first one is big and bulky looking VCR thing. That;s what I had. Then the S came out which is a lot smaller, runs slightly smoother, plays 4K movies on disc and streaming I believe and allows HDR (high dynamic range, a special lightening effect that really maeks things look great on HDR capable TV's). Then the X which is slightly smaller than the S a lot more powerful, plays 4K movies streams, 4K games HDR. Also makes some backwards compatible games like Morrowind or Fallout 3 play in 4K.

Here is a picture of all three. Original Xbox One is on the bottom. Then S. Then X.

Coolest Xbox I have seen is this super limited Black Panther version.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#1982 » by Klomp » Wed May 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Part of me still wants to finally upgrade from the 360. The part of me that's won out the last year or two has said I'm in my 30s and too old to be wasting my money on video games though. But I'm back to seriously considering it again. So much that I'm on ebay right now seeing what I could get.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1983 » by Calinks » Wed May 16, 2018 9:35 pm

Klomp wrote:Part of me still wants to finally upgrade from the 360. The part of me that's won out the last year or two has said I'm in my 30s and too old to be wasting my money on video games though. But I'm back to seriously considering it again. So much that I'm on ebay right now seeing what I could get.

Everybody has their preferences or tastes but I absolutely dont think you are ever too old to play videogames. Everybody does something for entertainment. There are people in their 30's who binge Netflix tv shows, there are people who spend an entire sunday drinking beer and playing football, there are people who go to two theatrical releases a week, or shop for hours every Saturday, etc. I think as long as you have your other things together you can do what you want. I cant picture a future when I am not playing some games. I am positive that even when I retire, one of the first things I will have in my retirement spot is some kind of game machine :lol:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1984 » by Klomp » Wed May 16, 2018 10:00 pm

One more console-related question. Whenever the next console comes out, do you think they'd stopping making games or sending updates for all three of the XBox Ones at the same time, or would there be more benefit in that way to buying the S or X?
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1985 » by Calinks » Wed May 16, 2018 10:59 pm

Klomp wrote:One more console-related question. Whenever the next console comes out, do you think they'd stopping making games or sending updates for all three of the XBox Ones at the same time, or would there be more benefit in that way to buying the S or X?

Well when the new consoles come out, generally the old ones get left behind but for a few years at least you would be ok. I don't think the big games like NBA 2K will stop being made for a while. Now as far as 2K they will probably get lazy and drop the in game updates after a year two like they did with the 360.

ONe cool thing about Xbox though is they are pretty committed to making their games forward compatible. Meaning any games you get on the One will very likely be playable on the next Xbox. As for stop making updates for all three at the same time. More than likely yes. At least right now there is a mandate where the Xbox X cant have features that the regular Xbox game doesn't have. All they can really boosts are graphics, load times, etc. But they cant like add a new mode to X that the regular cant handle. Maybe in the future when the next Xbox is out and maybe there will be some features in a new game that the new Xbox does and the 1X could feasibly do but the regular One can't maybe then they will let up on that but its not likely.

Like I said before really only go for the X or Pro if you want the high end console graphics. The other benefits are pretty minimal. If you have any interest in other games besides 2K or sports games, I would also look into the PS4 asa generally they have some pretty good exclusive games and of course they still have 2k and all the other main stream stuff.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#1986 » by Mattya » Thu May 17, 2018 2:16 am

Klomp wrote:Part of me still wants to finally upgrade from the 360. The part of me that's won out the last year or two has said I'm in my 30s and too old to be wasting my money on video games though. But I'm back to seriously considering it again. So much that I'm on ebay right now seeing what I could get.

There are much worse hobbies to have. If you like playing video games, then play video games. I would say wait a month or so for E3 just to make sure there aren’t any crazy deals or new surprise console announcements.

I am positive that even when I retire, one of the first things I will have in my retirement spot is some kind of game machine :lol:

Very much so. Especially considering this gaming year for me. Developed a love for Fortnite. Played one of my GOAT games in God of War and RDR2 is still coming out.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1987 » by Klomp » Thu May 31, 2018 6:06 pm

I did it. I finally did it.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1988 » by Calinks » Thu May 31, 2018 7:29 pm

Klomp wrote:I did it. I finally did it.

Threw away your 360 because you have been out of the womb for over 10950 days? :)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1989 » by Klomp » Thu May 31, 2018 8:16 pm

Calinks wrote:
Klomp wrote:I did it. I finally did it.

Threw away your 360 because you have been out of the womb for over 10950 days? :)

:lol:
Upgraded.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1990 » by Calinks » Thu May 31, 2018 10:00 pm

Nice what did you get? You get 2K or any games?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1991 » by Klomp » Thu May 31, 2018 10:15 pm

I went XBox One S and started out with 2k18.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1992 » by Calinks » Thu May 31, 2018 11:55 pm

Nice how are you enjoying it? If you plau My Career enjoy B Fresh LOL
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1993 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 1, 2018 2:37 am

Calinks wrote:Nice how are you enjoying it? If you plau My Career enjoy B Fresh LOL

:lol: She's not too annoying actually. Not yet anyways.

I like it. Need to get the shooting down. Feels like it's slower to improve your player. Am I looking in the wrong places, or can't you use VC to improve your player's skills?

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1994 » by Calinks » Fri Jun 1, 2018 3:20 am

Klomp wrote:
Calinks wrote:Nice how are you enjoying it? If you plau My Career enjoy B Fresh LOL

:lol: She's not too annoying actually. Not yet anyways.

I like it. Need to get the shooting down. Feels like it's slower to improve your player. Am I looking in the wrong places, or can't you use VC to improve your player's skills?

B Fresh makes me want to make 5 twitter alts just to throw her under the bus.

You upgrade by hitting up on the d-pad and going to a section, forget what its called, like my player upgrades or something. It is more of a grind this time though, they want people to buy VC which sucks.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1995 » by Klomp » Sat Jun 2, 2018 3:58 am

Up to 63 overall. We comin'.....

TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Re: RE: Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1996 » by TheDominator273 » Sat Jun 2, 2018 5:01 pm

Klomp wrote:Up to 63 overall. We comin'.....
What build did you make?

Also any Xbox one guys who want to run pro am let me know, always looking to play with guys who know how to play
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: RE: Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1997 » by Klomp » Sat Jun 2, 2018 5:45 pm

lbj273 wrote:What build did you make?

I'm a 6'3" PG, I think with 3-point shooting and shot creating as my two

ESPOMAN
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#1998 » by ESPOMAN » Mon Jun 4, 2018 2:42 am

Playing 2k with walk ons is definitely in the top 5 worse things I have ever done but for some reason I keep doing it. Why am I like this?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1999 » by Klomp » Mon Jun 4, 2018 1:38 pm

Move aside Jeff Teague, I'm the new starting PG.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2000 » by Klomp » Tue Jun 5, 2018 2:26 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves