ImageImageImageImageImage

2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who's Hotter?

Cap
10%
Mags
10%
KoC
7%
DK
2%
KT/FOE <--His new name sucks!
36%
Thugger
7%
GONYK
7%
Remi
10%
Moocow
10%
NLR
2%

Total votes: 42

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#81 » by magnumt » Wed May 30, 2018 1:11 am

dakomish23 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Somebody threw out this idea

KP for Jaylen Brown / Sac pick.

I wouldn’t do it b/c I want to add to KP, but this seems like fair value.

No. Pass. Hard.

I'm not gifting Danny Ainge Porzingis (a FRANCHISE player), for that sad package. In case anyone is wondering, it's NOT the Kings #2 pick this year.

--Mags :beer:

You are severely undervaluing Jaylen Brown, who is an up and coming stud on both sides and that is an unprotected SAC pick (except for #1).

Even though I wouldn’t do it, I still think it’s fair value.

• Is Brown a Franchise player?
• Is Brown a unique 2-way Big man who can Defend from the Post all the way out to the Perimeter? Who can hit 3s and Block shots?

YOU are severely undervaluing Porzingis for the:

Some of you guys treat this like NBA2K. Trade everyone for the next shiny prospect. :roll:

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,602

Post#82 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed May 30, 2018 1:15 am

dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Somebody threw out this idea

KP for Jaylen Brown / Sac pick.

I wouldn’t do it b/c I want to add to KP, but this seems like fair value.

there was a better offer we were talking about earlier today
frank + 9th pick for jaylen. i would do this one instead

Yeah that’s a way more favorable deal for us but I can’t see them moving him and/or Tatum for anything less than a stud.

I wouldn’t do the KP deal. Just think it’s fair value b/c of the SAC picking likely being in the top 10 again.

a lot of people didn't even want to do the frank deal. i was shocked. i'd do it with the quickness. brown is a stud

lets stirr it up though

tatum for KP. would you do it? i think i would.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#83 » by dakomish23 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:08 am

magnumt wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
magnumt wrote:

No. Pass. Hard.

I'm not gifting Danny Ainge Porzingis (a FRANCHISE player), for that sad package. In case anyone is wondering, it's NOT the Kings #2 pick this year.

You are severely undervaluing Jaylen Brown, who is an up and coming stud on both sides and that is an unprotected SAC pick (except for #1).

Even though I wouldn’t do it, I still think it’s fair value.

• Is Brown a Franchise player?
• Is Brown a unique 2-way Big man who can Defend from the Post all the way out to the Perimeter? Who can hit 3s and Block shots?

YOU are severely undervaluing Porzingis for the:

Some of you guys treat this like NBA2K. Trade everyone for the next shiny prospect. :roll:

How the hell does “I wouldn’t do it” translate to “you’re after the shiny new object”?

The guy who’s dying for the kids to play is the guy who’s trying to dump them? :lol:

Sure thing. :lol:

I said a stud prospect who’s already on the verge of being a top 10 player at his position, if not already there, and a likely top 10 lottery pick is fair value.

This is a discussion of value, not an attempt to dump KP. You’re accusation couldn’t be more wrong
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Rangers248
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#84 » by Rangers248 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:47 pm

Would any of you be interested in doing the 9th for the 12th AND 13th? The more I think and read, could be a solid move.

Get us Lonnie and someone else, maybe even possibly miles there

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#85 » by SARGO127 » Fri Jun 1, 2018 10:53 am

Knicks Trade: THJ, Burke, Baker (Likely waived by Mem) #9, #37 to Memphis for #4, Parsons

Knicks Trade: Courtney Lee and rights to Jaramaz to Indy for Al Jefferson (bought out) and #50

Knicks Trade: Enes Kanter, #50 and cash to the Wizards for Ian Mahimi and #15

KOQ opts in

#4 - Luka Doncic
#15 - Robert Williams

C: KOQ - R. Williams - Noah - Mahimi
F: Parsons - LFT - Kornet
F: Williams - Deng
G: Doncic - Dotson
G: Frank - Mudiay

IR: Porzingis
FixTheKnicks
Freshman
And1: 30

Post#86 » by FixTheKnicks » Fri Jun 1, 2018 12:26 pm

1st 3 Picks Go Ayton, Bagley, JJJ. Knicks call Memphis to move up for Doncic.

Knicks trade Hardaway Jr., Mudiay, #9 & 2020 top 10 protected 1st for Parsons & #4.

Knicks then call Washington and pull off a blockbuster to land pick #15 to draft Knox.

Knicks trade Kanter(opts-in), Lee, Thomas & #37 for Porter Jr., Mahinmi & #15

Frank/Burke/Jack
Doncic/Baker/Dotson
Porter Jr./Parsons/Williams
KP/Knox/Kornet
Mahinmi/O’Quinn/Hicks
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#87 » by ChaosHamster » Mon Jun 4, 2018 3:14 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:there was a better offer we were talking about earlier today
frank + 9th pick for jaylen. i would do this one instead

Yeah that’s a way more favorable deal for us but I can’t see them moving him and/or Tatum for anything less than a stud.

I wouldn’t do the KP deal. Just think it’s fair value b/c of the SAC picking likely being in the top 10 again.

a lot of people didn't even want to do the frank deal. i was shocked. i'd do it with the quickness. brown is a stud

lets stirr it up though

If its Tatum and Sac pick I think you have to take it. You do Tatum for KP 1for1 if you have some closer info on KPs health, how hes gonna handle the injury, will his body be able to improve. (3 years in a row, the same **** happens. Again, coaches, trainers, could've done a better job to keep his minutes limited at the beginning, but oh well, we wanted to win..) I'am hoping FO is doing some research and are asking these questions. And if results are negative or are setting some doubt, you do that deal if you believe KP is never gonna be fully healthy and will not be able to handle the full season grind.

What scares me about all Celtics players, though. You never know are they really that good, or its the system and Brad.

Every **** player looks good on the Celtics. Kyrie, Rozier, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Morris, Al even Baynes at times. They all have perfect roles and are executing them. You bring them into completely different environment, and role.. Its hard to say.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,021

Post#88 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Jun 4, 2018 3:29 am

Frank pkus 9th pick for Brown? Crazy talk.
:beer: RIP mags
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#89 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jun 4, 2018 4:57 am

ChaosHamster wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

lets stirr it up though

If its Tatum and Sac pick I think you have to take it. You do Tatum for KP 1for1 if you have some closer info on KPs health, how hes gonna handle the injury, will his body be able to improve. (3 years in a row, the same **** happens. Again, coaches, trainers, could've done a better job to keep his minutes limited at the beginning, but oh well, we wanted to win..) I'am hoping FO is doing some research and are asking these questions. And if results are negative or are setting some doubt, you do that deal if you believe KP is never gonna be fully healthy and will not be able to handle the full season grind.

What scares me about all Celtics players, though. You never know are they really that good, or its the system and Brad.

Every **** player looks good on the Celtics. Kyrie, Rozier, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Morris, Al even Baynes at times. They all have perfect roles and are executing them. You bring them into completely different environment, and role.. Its hard to say.

tatum was always going to be this good even if boston never drafted him. what he's doing now, he already did at duke. i called him a 25/7/4 player before the draft. it was easy to to tell he was going to be a star.

i would pull the trigger on a tatum for kp swap right now. kp is always hurt and inconsistent... :nonono: it's a no brainer for me honestly
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#90 » by ChaosHamster » Mon Jun 4, 2018 5:25 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:a lot of people didn't even want to do the frank deal. i was shocked. i'd do it with the quickness. brown is a stud

lets stirr it up though

tatum was always going to be this good even if boston never drafted him. what he's doing now, he already did at duke. i called him a 25/7/4 player before the draft. it was easy to to tell he was going to be a star.

i would pull the trigger on a tatum for kp swap right now. kp is always hurt and inconsistent... :nonono: it's a no brainer for me honestly

Yeah.. always. Didn't you also like Jackson and DSJ? How about Fultz? Fox? Weren't they supposed to be good?

You dudes with your "I always knew this guy is gonna be so good, I was first who liked him!!!!" Yeah, and also a bunch of other dudes who are garbage.

Tatum is a very good prospect on a great team. And I don't even know, even if he has all-star potential, how hes gonna show it on a roster with Kyrie, Brown, Hayward and Al. Okay, Al will easily be taking a back seat. Kyrie and Hayward are all-stars who will want to get theirs. And then there is also Brown..

If Tatum really is a dude with 25/7/4 projection, then Tatum for KP pretty much makes sense for both teams. Knicks get a young star who isn't that good yet, who can grow with a team, while they accumulate more picks. (KP is gonna be a max player when he comes back, he was already whining about wanting to win, he wouldn't be down for more sucking). While Celtics get their young all-star big, who is closer to his prime.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#91 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jun 4, 2018 10:02 am

ChaosHamster wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:

Yeah.. always. Didn't you also like Jackson and DSJ? How about Fultz? Fox? Weren't they supposed to be good?

You dudes with your "I always knew this guy is gonna be so good, I was first who liked him!!!!" Yeah, and also a bunch of other dudes who are garbage.

Tatum is a very good prospect on a great team. And I don't even know, even if he has all-star potential, how hes gonna show it on a roster with Kyrie, Brown, Hayward and Al. Okay, Al will easily be taking a back seat. Kyrie and Hayward are all-stars who will want to get theirs. And then there is also Brown..

If Tatum really is a dude with 25/7/4 projection, then Tatum for KP pretty much makes sense for both teams. Knicks get a young star who isn't that good yet, who can grow with a team, while they accumulate more picks. (KP is gonna be a max player when he comes back, he was already whining about wanting to win, he wouldn't be down for more sucking). While Celtics get their young all-star big, who is closer to his prime.

i mean you asked me if you think tatum is really that good or a fluke so im telling you how i felt about him before he was on boston... no need to get your panties in a bunch breh. tatum was the #3 pick you know. he wasn't some scrub entering the NBA. only you guys made it seem he was some scrub because he gave you melo vibes which was a dumb reason to think low of him.

i think probably the only guy that is fool's gold on boston is rozier. kyrie/horford were great players before boston. jaylen brown was always going to be good IMO... also the 3rd pick..

and ya i liked jackson/DSJ, still do. they were good enough to make the all rookie team. jackson averaged 17 PPG since january 1st... DSJ had the best rookie season out of all the rookie point guards in the draft. i am pretty sure you didn't know fultz was going to have this unpredictable shoulder injury so not sure why you would bring that up. because if it wasn't for that, he would be a nice player. i also had conflicted views of him before the draft... at times i thought he would be really good and then sometimes i would think something about his game is suspect. it was weird. but never thought of him as a bum. i always said fox was overrated so you have me confused with someone else. he will be ok though.

i think boston is going to groom tatum into their #1 option. hayward is most likely going to take a step back cause of his injury. horford is getting older. jaylen seems like a 3rd option basically. kyrie will probably still be the man. i can see kyrie as 1a and tatum as 1b for now basically. tatum had the best playoffs for someone his age since kobe/tony parker, he has super star potential. the fact that he dunked on lebron as a rook, pretty much guaranteed him for stardom lol
Chuck-Cheese
Senior
And1: 230

Post#92 » by Chuck-Cheese » Mon Jun 4, 2018 2:50 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Frank pkus 9th pick for Brown? Crazy talk.

I think so. Can’t see why Boston would do this
Rodimus921
Veteran
And1: 101

Post#93 » by Rodimus921 » Tue Jun 5, 2018 4:12 am

Knicks get

10th pick and draft rights to Mikal bridges

76ers get

Courtney Lee and knicks 2018 2nd round pick (via chicago)6
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#94 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Tue Jun 5, 2018 5:18 am

Rodimus921 wrote:Knicks get

76ers get

Unfortunately, they’ve set their sights on bigger fish than Courtney Lee.

Their 10 and 26 for our 9 and 37 sounds pretty fair.
But they’d likely counter with 10 and 38 or something. And I’d hang up the phone.

If we are truly setting up a culture then we have to stop bending over for teams. I hate seeing other teams make fair market trades but when it’s us we have to give 80 to get back 20. All the time. This time the ninth pick has value that other teams want. If they can’t meet us halfway then we should be fine drafting a Bridges ninth and the best talent we can find in the second round.
I’d move up for Luka but I’m not selling my soul.

Gotta wonder tho, Scott was a part of the Darko decision in Detroit. He drafted Herzonja when KP was off the board and dude has been disappointing.

I wonder if we are even interested in Luka.

The easy lob is just draft a Bridges. Preferably Mikal. If he’s not there see if you can trade back and pick up Miles instead with an asset attached. That’s what I think Scott wants: Mikal off the board so he can draft his Flint Frankie in Miles. If he wants to really reach, draft Knox or Walker or Smith. But I dunno, I struggle finding the difficult part of his job if we just end up with the guys sitting there for us.

I want him to establish his high end target and go get it.
Isiah and Starbury on the ESPN cover ish. Walsh formed his big alternate three in Melo/Amare/Tyson. Grunfeld tried tinkering with the model. Phil was all triangle but his name will always be attached to KP. Scott can’t be conservative here. I don’t want more than four players on the roster opening day that we’re here last year. Even less actually. And yeah, a lotta those guys need to be moved just for the sake of it. Don’t bring back Kyle, Beas and let Enes know he can opt in but unless it’s a sweetheart long term deal on our favor, he and his agent need to start looking at teams that could see him in their long view plans.

Clear out the “culture” of regimes past. Guys like Kyle are too comfortable sucking up all the air, KP and Frank are getting a bad NBA education by the vets we have hanging around for all the wrong reasons. I think only Jack and maybe Noah are true positive professional influences. And before you kill me for Noah I just mean in the respect of pulling a young teammate close and giving him actual basketball pointers and opposed to industry stuff.

This draft should be the beginnings of sustainable relevance for the franchise. This guy (Scott) is being paid for this moment. Do that ish you did in Sacto with the draft. Get us our cornerstone. Not just the obvious guy sitting there at nine. No team needs that radical bump in culture and talent that we do.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Post#95 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 5, 2018 7:07 pm

Rodimus921 wrote:Knicks get

76ers get

you think we can get a lottery pick for courtney lee??? :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#96 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 5, 2018 7:17 pm

We have to move CLee.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#97 » by SARGO127 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 12:31 am

Lee for Etwuan Moore + Diallo
Lee for Leonard+Layman+#24
Lee + Burke + #37 for Delly + #17
Lee + Burke + #37 for Mahimi + #15
Lee + Baker for Deng + #24 + #47
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#98 » by digitaldropoff » Thu Jun 7, 2018 1:40 pm

FixTheKnicks wrote:1st 3 Picks Go Ayton, Bagley, JJJ. Knicks call Memphis to move up for Doncic.

Knicks trade Hardaway Jr., Mudiay, #9 & 2020 top 10 protected 1st for Parsons & #4.

Knicks then call Washington and pull off a blockbuster to land pick #15 to draft Knox.

Knicks trade Kanter(opts-in), Lee, Thomas & #37 for Porter Jr., Mahinmi & #15

Frank/Burke/Jack
Doncic/Baker/Dotson
Porter Jr./Parsons/Williams
KP/Knox/Kornet
Mahinmi/O’Quinn/Hicks

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#99 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Jun 7, 2018 1:47 pm

Save this thread. I've got a 3 layer crow cake for all of you, foolish enough to think the Knicks can move Courtney Lee.

Again as Bill Simmons said on the Ringer, "You don't waste valuable cap space on role players then hope a superstar signs with you." There is no such thing as "assets" in this business. There is only tanking and acquiring All-Stars.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,474

Post#100 » by LofJ » Thu Jun 7, 2018 1:59 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Save this thread. I've got a 3 layer crow cake for all of you, foolish enough to think the Knicks can move Courtney Lee.

Again as Bill Simmons said on the Ringer, "You don't waste valuable cap space on role players then hope a superstar signs with you." There is no such thing as "assets" in this business. There is only tanking and acquiring All-Stars.

How about Courtney Lee and 9 for Kemba Walker then?

Return to New York Knicks