Billy Preston Jr

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

jonjames
Veteran
Posts: 2,688
And1: 1,754
Joined: Apr 02, 2016

Billy Preston Jr 

Post#1 » by jonjames » Wed May 30, 2018 11:40 pm

A former top 25 Hs recruit and mcdonalds all american with extremely short stint @ kansas due to ncaa eligbity concerns
I dont see him on many mocks but does anybody see this kid getting drafted or will he be the next to slip thru the cracks and go undrafted.
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,378
And1: 1,081
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Billy Preston Jr 

Post#2 » by doordoor123 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:42 am

This draft is pretty thin at true power forward (not SF/PF wing combo-forwards). There are maybe 6 guys ahead of him.

Marvin Bagley
Moritz Wagner
Keita Bates-Diop
Adjin Penava
Ray Spalding
Chimezie Metu
Justwar
Rookie
Posts: 1,043
And1: 184
Joined: Jul 01, 2003
Location: Kentucky
Contact:

Re: Billy Preston Jr 

Post#3 » by Justwar » Thu May 31, 2018 1:01 am

You have to hire a psychiatrist though
septahex
Pro Prospect
Posts: 792
And1: 324
Joined: Jun 27, 2017
   

Re: Billy Preston Jr 

Post#4 » by septahex » Thu May 31, 2018 1:26 am

Story sounds similar to cliff alexander
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,378
And1: 1,081
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Billy Preston Jr 

Post#5 » by doordoor123 » Thu May 31, 2018 1:48 am

Justwar wrote:You have to hire a psychiatrist though


No idea what you’re talking about. Is there something wrong I don’t know about him?
Upperclass
Veteran
Posts: 2,642
And1: 962
Joined: Aug 09, 2005

Re: Billy Preston Jr 

Post#6 » by Upperclass » Thu May 31, 2018 2:22 am

He's a 2nd rounder or undrafted.. His game has no impact.. similar to Chris Walker with less athleticism
jonjames
Veteran
Posts: 2,688
And1: 1,754
Joined: Apr 02, 2016

Re: Billy Preston Jr 

Post#7 » by jonjames » Thu May 31, 2018 2:37 am

Upperclass wrote:He's a 2nd rounder or undrafted.. His game has no impact.. similar to Chris Walker with less athleticism


I actually thought of chris walker except walker actually played a few seasons at florida and his game was completely exposed. Preston on the other hand didn't get a chance to really show what he had and can really only be based off his high school footage. Last I heard he only played like 3 games overseas before dropping out.
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,378
And1: 1,081
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Billy Preston Jr 

Post#8 » by doordoor123 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:21 am

He’s young and has potential. Chris Walker couldn’t dribble the ball like Preston and wasn’t as explosive. Those were two big things with Walker, he couldn’t dribble the ball/was too skinny/had no feel/and wasn’t explosive. Preston had solid assists in high school so I don’t think his feel is that bad. I think you also have to take into account he was coming from pretty much high school into a professional league after not playing for a long while even after high school. He didn’t have the vertical and size Walker had, but it looks like he has more ability overall.
Duke4life831
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,453
And1: 29,274
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
   

Re: Billy Preston Jr 

Post#9 » by Duke4life831 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:33 am

doordoor123 wrote:He’s young and has potential. Chris Walker couldn’t dribble the ball like Preston and wasn’t as explosive. Those were two big things with Walker, he couldn’t dribble the ball/was too skinny/had no feel/and wasn’t explosive. Preston had solid assists in high school so I don’t think his feel is that bad. I think you also have to take into account he was coming from pretty much high school into a professional league after not playing for a long while even after high school. He didn’t have the vertical and size Walker had, but it looks like he has more ability overall.


Huh? Chris Walker wasnt explosive? Chris Walker was kind of the definition of an explosive athlete. His length, athleticism and explosiveness were basically the only reasons he was ranked as a top 10 recruit coming out of high school.
doordoor123
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,378
And1: 1,081
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Billy Preston Jr 

Post#10 » by doordoor123 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:49 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:He’s young and has potential. Chris Walker couldn’t dribble the ball like Preston and wasn’t as explosive. Those were two big things with Walker, he couldn’t dribble the ball/was too skinny/had no feel/and wasn’t explosive. Preston had solid assists in high school so I don’t think his feel is that bad. I think you also have to take into account he was coming from pretty much high school into a professional league after not playing for a long while even after high school. He didn’t have the vertical and size Walker had, but it looks like he has more ability overall.


Huh? Chris Walker wasnt explosive? Chris Walker was kind of the definition of an explosive athlete. His length, athleticism and explosiveness were basically the only reasons he was ranked as a top 10 recruit coming out of high school.


Originally he looked explosive, but when he got to Florida that all went out the window.
User avatar
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 23,183
And1: 15,930
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Location: Australia
 

Re: Billy Preston Jr 

Post#11 » by GimmeDat » Thu May 31, 2018 6:11 am

Preston should definitely get a look in the 2nd round, especially once you look at the draft with all these guys that have pulled out.

He's got a pretty intriguing skill-set, and the fact that he got 'busted' when so many are guilty within this whole NCAA thing is a pretty rough thing to hold against him. I do question his character a bit, though.

Some team will take a flier.
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 13,579
And1: 3,022
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: Billy Preston Jr 

Post#12 » by Fischella » Thu May 31, 2018 7:20 am

I'd def draft the guy to have him under control, like with a late 2nd round pick who the **** cares
DrazenReznik
Freshman
Posts: 60
And1: 14
Joined: Jun 11, 2018
 

Re: Billy Preston Jr 

Post#13 » by DrazenReznik » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:18 pm

Signed with the Cavs as a UDFA
User avatar
Mischa
Junior
Posts: 292
And1: 168
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: Encino, CA
     

Re: Billy Preston Jr 

Post#14 » by Mischa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:40 am

McCoy at Las Vegas as well.
Going hard with a new lease on life!
jmnvcavs
Rookie
Posts: 1,079
And1: 859
Joined: Nov 01, 2013
     

Re: Billy Preston Jr 

Post#15 » by jmnvcavs » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:48 am

Mischa wrote:McCoy at Las Vegas as well.


I saw McCoy 4 times live this year he isn't good. He won't make it in the NBA. I'll eat my words if he does make it, but he plays like he's 6'6. Extremely soft.

Return to NBA Draft