ImageImageImageImage

OT- Official Gaming Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#1 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Jun 8, 2018 7:38 am

Hey everyone, I wanted to create a thread on here where we can discuss gaming of all kinds and get away from basketball when necessary. The Gamer's Lounge on Real GM isn't really all that active like it used to be. Wanted to use this as a means to get cool with everyone and nerd out basically.

We can talk about all the new games coming out this year and next year (there are tons in the works), what everyone is playing, link up to game together, shoot the breeze on old school gaming, etc. I'll start this thread off...

I'm currently playing through God of War on the PS4 (an absolute masterpiece). Could already beat the game but the side quests are so good so I am committing to 100% completion before finishing the game (currently going through Ivaldi's Workshop in Niflheim). That is just one of the many games I own lol.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#2 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Jun 8, 2018 7:44 am

E3 is also happening this weekend and running through next week as well. For those who don't know, the Electronic Entertainment Expo is the largest video game convention in the world which the best developers/publishers in the industry provide the masses with presentations on what is new on the horizon when it comes to video games.

There are some exciting titles coming out from some great companies as soon as this year so personally I am very excited how the gaming landscape is shaping out. The schedule for E3 is listed below...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The stream links are embedded so you can click on one of those once they become live to watch online.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#3 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Jun 8, 2018 6:28 pm

Yeah, God of War is incredible. I'm already gearing up for a second playthrough and will probably go for 100% completion as well. Excited for E3 this year too. Ps4's conference should be incredible as usual. The last of us is one of my favorite games of all time so im stoked to see some gameplay of the second one.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#4 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Jun 9, 2018 9:55 am

PrimeShaq wrote:Yeah, God of War is incredible. I'm already gearing up for a second playthrough and will probably go for 100% completion as well. Excited for E3 this year too. Ps4's conference should be incredible as usual. The last of us is one of my favorite games of all time so im stoked to see some gameplay of the second one.

Yeah the Playstation conference is poised to do extremely well and is definitely the front-runner for best presentation heading into this. I am very intrigued about Square Enix's press conference though. I absolutely need to know when Kingdom Hearts III will finally release and will they actually shed any sort of light on the Final Fantasy VII remake?

I also will be looking at EA as they really have to win people back with the debacle that was Star Wars Battlefront II and their reliance on micro transactions so heavily.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#5 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Jun 9, 2018 9:57 am

I will be updating this thread as much as I can starting with the games that will be presented in EA's conference later today at 2pm EST.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#6 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Jun 9, 2018 5:36 pm

EA conference beginning in about 25 minutes.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#7 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:30 pm

Finally soaking it all in, have to give the EA conference a solid 7/10 score.

The Positives: Anthem looks pretty good. FIFA getting the UEFA Championship license is a big deal. Unravel 2 (released today) and Sea of Solitude looks great. Battlefield V having no microtransactions whatsoever is great news. Madden 19 finally back on PC. The NBA Live 19 animations on the trailer actually look more fluid finally.

The Negatives: The pacing of the conference bombed badly when they were displaying the Command & Conquer game on mobile. Host of the conference was cute but more annoying than anything. The Madden presentation was pretty cringe IMO between Juju and the current Madden champ Lux. No NBA Street reboot or Skate 4. The Star Wars game being done by Respawn was announced so anticlimactically, they should've just saved it as a separate announcement either at the next E3 or later in the year.

None of their games announced were really all that groundbreaking but EA is at least trending in the right direction.

EDIT- Had to change my thoughts on NBA Live 19 after watching the trailer again. Animations and gameplay look pretty smooth on the trailer. Hopefully the real game is the same.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#8 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:35 pm

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#9 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:37 pm

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#10 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:40 pm

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#11 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:41 pm

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#12 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:42 pm

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#13 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:47 pm

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#14 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:48 pm

rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#15 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Jun 9, 2018 10:43 pm

Positives: Andrea Rene

Negatives: The Star Wars reveal. I'm not sure why, but I left feeling more confused about Anthem than I probably should be. I dislike Bioware and will be waiting until post launch to pick this up. I'll stick with Days Gone as my Feb/March 2019 game.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Post#16 » by Driguez » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:28 am

I remember when I used to game, often. I've gotten older, but man I've been a gamer for a long time (think Atari) and to be quite honest, the last couple of years I pretty much played MP games and got to the point that I just got bored, or maybe got old(er) and kinda lost interest. The last single player I enjoyed was EX Machina on 360. But after that idk. Nowdays my son has taken over gaming, he has my PS4 on his room so I even have less of a desire to game because I don't even see it lol. I've been thinking about God Of War, maybe I'll go ahead and make an impulse buy and get back into gaming.
"We all we got"- SVG
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#17 » by PrimeThyme » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:42 am

rcklsscognition wrote:Positives: Andrea Rene

Negatives: The Star Wars reveal. I'm not sure why, but I left feeling more confused about Anthem than I probably should be. I dislike Bioware and will be waiting until post-launch to pick this up. I'll stick with Days Gone as my Feb/March 2019 game.

Im not as hyped about Anthem as I thought I would be. Its just really hard for me to get hyped about EA games these days. After the last two battlefronts, I can't help but be cautious. It does look beautiful though and hopefully it turns out to be good.

Weirdly, I think anthem is releasing the same day as Days gone. Ill probably go with days gone as well and see how Anthem reviews.
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#18 » by orlando1214 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:07 am

EA was a pretty disappointing conference. They barely showed anything for Battlefield, but I guess we will get more tomorrow at the Xbox conference. I'm interested in Anthem but thought they did a poor job of showing it off. Sea of Solution looks like it could be interesting. As for the sports stuff, it's such a waste of time. We already know they are coming out, but they really didn't show anything about improvements to the games.

The lack of surprises was also disappointing. I know the rumor of a new Skate game had a lot of people excited for the conference, but we didn't get that or any big new announcements. We already knew Respawn was working on a Star Wars game, but they didn't show anything for that, not even a logo. Overall, it just seemed like an unnecessary conference. I know they feel the need to have one, but with their games showing up at other conferences, them having info dumps for Anthem with Game Informer, and really no big announcements, it seemed like there was no point to the conference.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,970

Post#19 » by KillMonger » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:41 am

The first time i saw anthem i was hyped, but it's funny the more i see the less hyped i am. Rumor was that Anthem was delayed because EA had microtransactions and loot boxes so integrated into the game they needed extra time to tone it back down. Nba live 19 looks similar to the previous years but eyes will be on this iteration simply because so many was turned off from 2k. Nba 2k has to come correct this time because for all the flack that EA Battlefront 2 took for loot boxes and the pay to win structure Nba 2k was arguably worse than Battlefront on that regard but managed to sidestep any backlash it seems. 2k can't afford to be the same pay to win game it was last year simply because gamers won't let it slide anymore as seen with the backlash from battlefront 2.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#20 » by ChosenSavior » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:04 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Positives: Andrea Rene

Negatives: The Star Wars reveal. I'm not sure why, but I left feeling more confused about Anthem than I probably should be. I dislike Bioware and will be waiting until post launch to pick this up. I'll stick with Days Gone as my Feb/March 2019 game.

Had to look up Andrea Rene rcklss since you highlighted her front and center and I'm glad I did... :lol:

I agree about the Star Wars reveal by Respawn, that was garbage IMO. The thing I still cannot understand that they really used almost 20 minutes of presentation time on a mobile Command & Conquer game between E-Sports players. I'm gonna wait on Anthem as well. There are other titles I will be playing over that anyways.

Return to Orlando Magic