ImageImageImage

Kawhi Leonard rumor

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Re: Kawhi Leonard rumor 

Post#1981 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:12 pm

BruceBanner18 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
BruceBanner18 wrote:
In my short time here, I have an observation. You come off like an one of those individuals who is adamantly against cannabis, but who would greatly benefit from it...

You know nothing about me.

In your short time here I can’t remember anything you’ve said of any substance whatsoever. And you’re gonna come at me? Talk about basketball or put me on ignore. Don’t care which

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! Do I win something?

You win an unofficial warning! Dont attack other posters.
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,992

Post#1982 » by Jakeopp » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Froob wrote:Just listened to the Kyrie interview on Simmons pod, does not sound like a guy who is ready to join a crappy Knicks team. I wonder if it’d damage his relationship with Boston tho if there is murmur Danny will deal him for Kawhi.

Anyone playing for Danny should know that they'll end up in trade rumors sooner or later. It would delusional to expect that you're "untouchable," especially in the final year of your contract.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Re: RE: Re: Kawhi Leonard rumor 

Post#1983 » by KGboss » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Jakeopp wrote:
Froob wrote:Just listened to the Kyrie interview on Simmons pod, does not sound like a guy who is ready to join a crappy Knicks team. I wonder if it’d damage his relationship with Boston tho if there is murmur Danny will deal him for Kawhi.

Anyone playing for Danny should know that they'll end up in trade rumors sooner or later. It would delusional to expect that you're "untouchable," especially in the final year of your contract.
Except I feel most of the rumors over the last 24 hours are made up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,026

Post#1984 » by Celts17Pride » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:19 pm

I been saying all along that Kyrie will be the centerpiece of any Kawhi/Lebron trade and getting ripped for it. Time will tell.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#1985 » by KGboss » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:23 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:I been saying all along that Kyrie will be the centerpiece of any Kawhi/Lebron trade and getting ripped for it. Time will tell.
Not gunna happen. Lebron ain't happening. Kawhi gunna be in phillynor LA whichever one doesn't get lebron.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#1986 » by ddb » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:23 pm

Here is my concern with the Cetics potentially trading for Kawhi. First, there is a durability concern. Kyrie, Hayward and Kawhi are 3 stars, but 3 stars coming off significant injuries.

The other concern is this...Kawhi is in a great situation playing for a great coach and a first class organization. I know because I worked for the organization.
If he wants out from San Antonio then there is definitely a BIG interest that he has in playing in LA. So even if Boston swoops in and trades for him, he can turn right around and sign in LA anyway. This isn't a situation where Kawhi is coming from a lousy organization like Minny or Milwaukee and then he is blown away by Boston and the organization. The Spurs have a great fan base...they have a HOF coach. They win. They do things right. Going to Boston only presents 1 difference for Kawhi at this juncture. He would have a better shot at winning another ring or two in Boston then he currently does in SA...but then again, he already won a ring...which brings me back to LA. Seems like there is a big interest in LA or NY for Kawhi.

Keep an eye on LA, Philly, Boston and the surprise team I would think is NY

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#1987 » by GoCeltics123 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:23 pm

ddb wrote:
leper-con wrote:
ddb wrote:Kyrie-Hayward-Kawhi-Tatum-Horford would be NUTS. So good

You are the board resident Spurs whisperer what are the tea leaves saying?
Looks like there is a 75% chance they look to deal Kawhi. Still working on straightening things out with him. Outlook is bleak

Do you see any truth to the Kyrie for Kawhi rumor? Thanks
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,881

Post#1988 » by Curmudgeon » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Kawhi, PG-13 and LeBron will be the next Laker superteam. That's the obvious outcome. I sauppose LeBron could go to Houston, but how is that going to work unless both CP3 and LeBron take a major financial haircut? Also, Houston has nothing to offer the Cavs in a sign-and-trade, unless its Harden.

Philly and Boston are a distant 3rd and 4th for both Kawhi and LeBron.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,614

Post#1989 » by PierceFan4ever » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Whoa what the hell happened how did this go up to 100 pages? Any worthy news in the last 20-21 hours?
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#1990 » by Valid » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:51 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:Whoa what the hell happened how did this go up to 100 pages? Any worthy news in the last 20-21 hours?

Same crap, basically. Nothing concrete.
ViperGTS
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,398

Post#1991 » by ViperGTS » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Valid wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Valid wrote:The fact that Brown just showed out in the playoffs puts him above Ingram. If it weren't for that, it would be a neck-and-neck race.

You could be right but most people don’t thinks along such finite terms. And they’re looking well beyond 2018. That’s like like saying Boston beat Philly in the playoffs therefore Brown > Simmons. It don’t think it means nearly as much as you seem to think.

When the two prospects are that even, playoff performance matters. You would be remiss to think that other front offices won't take into account what Brown did this postseason as a 21-year-old.

As for Simmons? Let's just say he needs to develop some semblance of a jumper before I take him all that seriously as a prospect. The Celtics just proved how easy he currently is to shut down.

Yeah Brown and Simmons arent even in the same galaxy as of right now. The Simmons gushing is a media creation.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,686

Post#1992 » by Smitty731 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:59 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:Whoa what the hell happened how did this go up to 100 pages? Any worthy news in the last 20-21 hours?

About six largely unrelated turns.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,437

Post#1993 » by Froob » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater

Return to Boston Celtics