nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXI 

Post#2 » by nate33 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:40 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
nate33 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:The enforcement change should NEVER have been made - regardless. Ever.

And they closed the port of entries - so they couldn't claim asylum.

This was abhorrent and incredibly stupid.

So. Open borders for anyone with children. That's your position.

Ha! You have read my posts - you know that isn't the case. But if it is to intern kids and separate from their parents - I (like most) would rather keep the kids with their parents.

This administration tried to force the issue this way (they closed the ports of entry to force people to come across illegally and then separated kids from their parents - and it has backfired badly. This administration has no clue on how to get stuff through.

I've read your posts and despite me asking several times, you've provided no solutions. You condemn Trump enforcing the law without acknowledging that if he doesn't, we have open borders for people with children. You can't have it both ways. Which is it? Open borders or enforce existing law?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#3 » by nate33 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Read on Twitter
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,971

Post#4 » by dckingsfan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:51 pm

nate33 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
nate33 wrote:So. Open borders for anyone with children. That's your position.

Ha! You have read my posts - you know that isn't the case. But if it is to intern kids and separate from their parents - I (like most) would rather keep the kids with their parents.

This administration tried to force the issue this way (they closed the ports of entry to force people to come across illegally and then separated kids from their parents - and it has backfired badly. This administration has no clue on how to get stuff through.

I've read your posts and despite me asking several times, you've provided no solutions. You condemn Trump enforcing the law without acknowledging that if he doesn't, we have open borders for people with children. You can't have it both ways. Which is it? Open borders or enforce existing law?

I have answered you and in the thread an in general.

I am not for birthright or familial preference based immigration. I believe it should be age and skills based first and foremost. But I certainly don't agree with the NO immigration policy posited by this administration. We have a severe demographic and growth issue (due to the financial hole we have dug for ourselves).

I am for a DACA compromise with a hard deportation policy that goes with the compromise. I am certainly NOT for tying a wall into the compromise legislation.

But - in no uncertain terms - should children ever be held hostage on this issue.

And the reason this legislation isn't moving forward is that there isn't a super majority of Republicans in congress that supports this Administrations proposal (mostly because it isn't very good and isn't supported by a majority of Americans).

But - in no uncertain terms - should children ever be held hostage on this issue due to the incompetence of this administration to lobby the Rs.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#5 » by dckingsfan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:52 pm

In no way shape or form is this okay. Not with the previous administration or this administration. Period. They should desist immediately.

nate33 wrote:
Read on Twitter
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#6 » by nate33 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:01 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
nate33 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Ha! You have read my posts - you know that isn't the case. But if it is to intern kids and separate from their parents - I (like most) would rather keep the kids with their parents.

I am not for birthright or familial preference based immigration. I believe it should be age and skills based first and foremost. But I certainly don't agree with the NO immigration policy posited by this administration. We have a severe demographic and growth issue (due to the financial hole we have dug for ourselves).

I am for a DACA compromise with a hard deportation policy that goes with the compromise. I am certainly NOT for tying a wall into the compromise legislation.

But - in no uncertain terms - should children ever be held hostage on this issue.

And the reason this legislation isn't moving forward is that there isn't a super majority of Republicans in congress that supports this Administrations proposal (mostly because it isn't very good and isn't supported by a majority of Americans).

But - in no uncertain terms - should children ever be held hostage on this issue due to the incompetence of this administration to lobby the Rs.

I can't seem to get you to answer one simple question. I'll try again, keeping it as narrow as possible.

I'm referring to situations when a family sneaks across the border, gets caught, and demands asylum. We detain them while awaiting their asylum hearing, which can take several weeks. However, after 20 days, our law says we can't detain the kids anymore. So we send them to a relative if one is available, or we put them in foster care while awaiting the asylum hearing. What other alternative do you propose? That's it. That's my single question. What alternative solution to separating the family do you propose? Please answer that before bashing Trump's policy.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#7 » by dckingsfan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:29 pm

nate33 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
nate33 wrote:I've read your posts and despite me asking several times, you've provided no solutions. You condemn Trump enforcing the law without acknowledging that if he doesn't, we have open borders for people with children. You can't have it both ways. Which is it? Open borders or enforce existing law?

I can't seem to get you to answer one simple question. I'll try again, keeping it as narrow as possible.

I'm referring to situations when a family sneaks across the border, gets caught, and demands asylum. We detain them while awaiting their asylum hearing, which can take several weeks. However, after 20 days, our law says we can't detain the kids anymore. So we send them to a relative if one is available, or we put them in foster care while awaiting the asylum hearing. What other alternative do you propose? That's it. That's my single question. What alternative solution to separating the family do you propose? Please answer that before bashing Trump's policy.

Assuming that they came across by themselves. This if fine.

If they came across with their parent - they should stay with that parent through the entire detainment process. They should never be separated.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Post#8 » by Zonkerbl » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Nate, you're dead wrong. You didn't prove any points - all you did was show that you are blinded by hate.

You've lost all credibility with me and I simply won't engage with you on this topic. You have taken the side of terrorism. Let the grownups discuss this policy - you go sit at the kid's table.

Right now the discussion is going to focus around undoing the horrific damage you and your evil friends have inflicted on these innocent children. That's going to be the main priority now.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
stilldropin20
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#9 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:05 am

dckingsfan wrote:
nate33 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:I have answered you and in the thread an in general.

Assuming that they came across by themselves. This if fine.

If they came across with their parent - they should stay with that parent through the entire detainment process. They should never be separated.

nearly 90% of the children come across alone or are trafficked...or abandoned when border control shows up. thats 9 of 10. 900 of every 1000. 9000 of every 10,000.

10,000 children of the 12,000 we have in detentino centers were alone.

2000 of the 12,000 are "with adults" claiming to be family of some sort.

and over 20% (around 400) of that 2000 turn out to be lying or the children reject the "parents."

Some of those kids have been kidnapped. Or trafficked. Or other.

But 20% of Those kids "with parents" turn out to NOT be parents.

Thats why we hold them for 20 days. To figure out who is who. Border control can run DNA tests as well<--which i'm surprised if this is not occurring

^^I fully support that policy!!^^ . Its the right thin to do to save those children from being trafficked.

I think we can all agree...that the absolute worst case scenario is that these kids that are bing trafficked are left alone to be with the kidnappers/traffickers, right? thats the worst case right? Far worse than all of the children spending a whole whopping 20 days without their parents in immediate vicinity?? I dont know? Maybe you guys prefer we never separate and if a trafficker sneeks through so be it? That's Not smart policy IMO. For me i see it like prison system. I'd rather see 10 guilty people go free than 1 innocent sent to prison. And I see the opposite when it comes to trafficking/forced prostitution. I rather separate 10 good families for 20 days than to allow 1 little girl to be forced into a life of prostitution and drug abuse. That's me. You may see it differently?

Keep in mind, that if these parents are allowed to KEEP their children and turn back. Border control allows them the opportunity to turn back!! Thats kind of a big deal in this decision making process isn't it? if not it should be. They do NOT have to be separated at all!!! If they simply leave the country, they get to keep their children and are NOT charged with any crime. Merely processed and photographed. Its only if they CHOOSE to stay that they get separated. Think about that.

and now that trump signed a new order, the families stay together.<--which means some trafficker will be found out and separated from those kids. guaranteed. And some trafficker is going to slide by and retain a child that has been kidnapped. Guaranteed. And because the children cant be detained for 20 days, Trump admin would be wise, if asylum parameters have not been met in our court system including not enough time, to just deport the entire family<--which i'm certain will occur. and this will the next manufactured crisis that dems will line up and scream at trump and chuck will conjure up the crocodile tears on the senate floor.

I personally saw nothing wrong with keeping them together or separating them given that CHOSE to be separated by crossing our border, then chose to stay, they know and are informed of the process.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
like i said, its a full rebuild.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#10 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:28 am

nate33 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
nate33 wrote:I've read your posts and despite me asking several times, you've provided no solutions. You condemn Trump enforcing the law without acknowledging that if he doesn't, we have open borders for people with children. You can't have it both ways. Which is it? Open borders or enforce existing law?

exactly!

dont forget, when border control shows up and their is a family present. The family is allowed to turn back and leave the country. the only reason they were getting separated is because the family CHOSE to stay. Chose to be detained. And Chose to go through our asylum court process.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#11 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:59 am

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Read on Twitter

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#12 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:04 am

this one is interesting...when madow says, "put up the graphic" which she thought was going to screen...she amazingly stops crying...then picks back up with the crying as soon as she knows that the producer has not successfully cut to the graphic.

I mean. color me impressed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i dont know who is better at his her or cryin chuck schumer? small wonder you libtards are all phucked up...this is who you get your fake news from. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#13 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:07 am

Houston, i think Mueller has a problem. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#14 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:18 am

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

again??? more of this deep state crap??

Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#15 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:20 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#16 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:26 am

Zonkerbl wrote:Nate, you're dead wrong. You didn't prove any points - all you did was show that you are blinded by hate.

You've lost all credibility with me and I simply won't engage with you on this topic. You have taken the side of terrorism. Let the grownups discuss this policy - you go sit at the kid's table.

Right now the discussion is going to focus around undoing the horrific damage you and your evil friends have inflicted on these innocent children. That's going to be the main priority now.

Zonker, is that you?

Read on Twitter
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#17 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:41 am

ts about time the trumps stop allowing all of these vicious personal attacks against them. In fact, if zonker and others keep it up in this thread I'm going to have to call the secret service...we'll see how long he lasts at the "FBI." lol

Read on Twitter

just kidding. feel free to speak your mind without repurcussions from me. But word to the wise. youj guys should tone down your anti trump rhetoric. This russia crap is behind them and he doesn't have to take all these personal threats. I mean seriously. he doesn't. he can lock you guys up. I mean secret service will do it on their own. You see Peter fonda's real quick about face???? You cant mess with the president of the united states as much as you think you can. Secret service takes this stuff seriously. just saying.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#18 » by stilldropin20 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:44 am

Read on Twitter
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Zonkerbl » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:45 am

https://apnews.com/amp/afc80e51b562462c89907b49ae624e79

Speaking of horrific damage inflicted on innocent children. These are unaccompanied minors. Doesn't say if this is something that happened under Obama. I think it's possible. But while we're shining the light on unspeakable horrors...
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Zonkerbl » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Could someone ban this spammer please?

Return to Washington Wizards