Re: Kenny Atkinson interview w/ Mike Francesca WFAN 

Post#2 » by moonpie » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Great interview!
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#3 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:11 pm

I didn't realize Francesca was back on the air. WFAN must have been bleeding listeners to ESPN, Michael Kay's show is way more entertaining.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#4 » by moonpie » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:27 am

Read on Twitter
King-
Rookie
And1: 676

Post#5 » by King- » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:36 am

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Dzaza" lol :lol:
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#6 » by bws94 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:11 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I didn't realize Francesca was back on the air. WFAN must have been bleeding listeners to ESPN, Michael Kay's show is way more entertaining.

Yeah, he's been back a few weeks. It seems like the replacements weren't getting high ratings and some projects Francesa had didn't go as planned. He also said he missed being on the air more than he thought he would. I think he wasn't ready to quit just yet. I'm glad he's back though he drives me nuts sometimes. He now goes from I think 3 to 7. So he has less hours than he used to. The other show was cut down from 1 to 3.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#7 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:30 am

Interesting he talks about posting up. Now that Dwight is gone, Jah might be back. Would love to see him being utilized like what Kenny said. Of course, he needs to be able to do the other stuff like playing good team O and D.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:48 pm

bws94 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I didn't realize Francesca was back on the air. WFAN must have been bleeding listeners to ESPN, Michael Kay's show is way more entertaining.

Yeah, he's been back a few weeks. It seems like the replacements weren't getting high ratings and some projects Francesa had didn't go as planned. He also said he missed being on the air more than he thought he would. I think he wasn't ready to quit just yet. I'm glad he's back though he drives me nuts sometimes. He now goes from I think 3 to 7. So he has less hours than he used to. The other show was cut down from 1 to 3.

Mike is kind of ornery and really stuck up so his show really isn't that enjoyable but his strength is that he really knows how to conduct great interviews.

Michael Kay's show is way better frankly because he really doesn't take himself as seriously as Francesca does.

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#9 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:02 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
bws94 wrote:

Mike is kind of ornery and really stuck up so his show really isn't that enjoyable but his strength is that he really knows how to conduct great interviews.

Michael Kay's show is way better frankly because he really doesn't take himself as seriously as Francesca does.
They're both terrible. I'm glad I broke down and got XM.
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#10 » by bws94 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:27 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
bws94 wrote:

They're both terrible. I'm glad I broke down and got XM.

I've watched Kay's show on YES for years. He's ok. But when I've heard him on the radio I liked him less. But I haven't heard his current show. Francesa knows his stuff and is great at interviewing, but he's so arrogant, grumpy and full of himself, there's but so much of him I can take. Still, if something big happens in sports it seems I want to hear his take on it. And really, when he left the FAN, there was a big void that no one seemed to be able to fill.

Glad to hear him say talking about the Nets, if only because he's interviewing the GM and head coach. He usually doesn't say much about the team. Only Evan seems to care about the Nets on the whole station AFAIK.

Who's on XM besides Mad Dog?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#11 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:02 pm

Evan and Joe are okay, if you can get past their incessant whining about the Jets and Mets. I like when Evan gets to interview Marks or Kenny because he's pretty much saying what most of us are thinking.

Michael Kay is good for Yankees talk and the comedic aspect of his show is what is really entertaining. He's not as well rounded as Francesa is though when it comes to sports imo

Its really sad though, because the Nets have been in Brooklyn for what, the last 7 years now? And sports talk radio still treats them like the NJ Nets. When they talk about 'NY teams' pretty much everyone aside from Evan will forget that the Nets even play in NY. From a PR standpoint, the Nets have really failed to capture the attention of the city.

Hell, I think the NJ Devils get more air time discussion than the Nets.

moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#12 » by moonpie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:05 am

steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#13 » by steady » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:54 pm

This quote about Atkinson is pretty good at framing one of the key challenges Nets will face this year.

“I just love him as a coach. I think he does a great job,” said Rivers after the Clippers defeated the Nets 114-101 in early February. “His team executes, they play hard, they play together.
“I don’t think people appreciate how hard that is when your team is not winning to get guys to play together. Most of the guys start looking at contracts, they get selfish and it’s all about numbers. Somehow Kenny has figured it out. They still play together and that’s pretty impressive.”

Return to Brooklyn Nets