Collin Sexton

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Re: Collin Sexton 

Post#61 » by doordoor123 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Fischella wrote:Jrue is massive in comparison, and relies less on quickness, much better shooting, even if his UCLA numbers weren't great, but the form, smoothness, all was there

Sexton doesnā€™t necessarily rely on his quickness, he has a good handle and uses advanced moves to get to the basket. I agree with the shooting, Sexton is probably father away in terms of that development, but their game is similar. Sexton probably pulls up more. And when Jrue came out of college he was the same size. He was no where near as massive as he is today.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#62 » by No-Man » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:08 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Fischella wrote:Jrue is massive in comparison, and relies less on quickness, much better shooting, even if his UCLA numbers weren't great, but the form, smoothness, all was there

Sexton doesnā€™t necessarily rely on his quickness, he has a good handle and uses advanced moves to get to the basket. I agree with the shooting, Sexton is probably father away in terms of that development, but their game is similar. Sexton probably pulls up more. And when Jrue came out of college he was the same size. He was no where near as massive as he is today.

Jrue is 6'4 or 6'5 with a 6'8 wingspan and carried 200lbs, Sexton is what, 6'2 in shoes? 185lbs? with a 6'6 wingspan, and def a slighter frame, I am high on Sexton's strength package, but he isn't no way near Jrue
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#63 » by Stillwater » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:16 pm

The first thing I noticed about this kid was the speed is elite, then the relentless motor,then the intangibles of teachable and drive.
I would say the work ethic could be up there with other underrated prospects in the past like Lillard. Needs to develop his vision because he comes off more as a score first guard right now and is a little undersized to play off ball despite the high level leaping ability and speed. I'm not worried about the handle or the passing, I think it will come down to improving the court vision as to if he is a high level pg in the league someday.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#64 » by Stillwater » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Fischella wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Jrue is 6'4 or 6'5 with a 6'8 wingspan and carried 200lbs, Sexton is what, 6'2 in shoes? 185lbs? with a 6'6 wingspan, and def a slighter frame, I am high on Sexton's strength package, but he isn't no way near Jrue

Khyri Thomas is the better Jrue comp overall skillset and physical attributes athleticism etc in this draft and is a much better defensive player before the draft than Jrue is now.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#65 » by No-Man » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Holiday smokes Thomas athletically, Khyri Thomas is damn overrated
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#66 » by Stillwater » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Fischella wrote:Holiday smokes Thomas athletically, Khyri Thomas is damn overrated

not a chance. don't have a clue where you get that from either.
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jrue-holiday
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/khyri-thomas
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/collin-sexton
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by doordoor123 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Fischella wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

I thought you meant girth and body-type. Iā€™m not talking about actual height and length. Sexton is pretty filled out in terms of strength, same as Jrue was, but Jrue got even bigger. Heā€™s like a mix between Jrue Holiday and Damian Lillard, which is kind of funny because theyā€™re playing against each other in the playoffs right now. Like I donā€™t see Sexton being the defender Holiday is, but offensively I can see him eventually bullying his way to the basket every time. Minus the shooting, he also does a lot of what Lillard does. That Mid-post, patience in the lane, diming, etc. Sextonā€™s combination of physical ability plus ability with the ball makes him intriguing. Down the line, when heā€™s older, probably around 24-26, I think heā€™s going to consistently be a playoff player as a starter. Wether that correlates with all-stardom I have no idea, but heā€™s a winning player.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#68 » by jonjames » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:14 am

Houston Aaron Brooks.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#69 » by BadWolf » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:46 pm

What about Fox as comp?
DryPaint
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#70 » by DryPaint » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 am

sexton will be a nba starting point guard in the future. but he will be in that - scorer / not so much making the team better type of guy mold.

i would take t. young over him in that way. meaning young could get 18ppg as soon as saxton gets them in the nba, but could open up the floor so much more for others with his range and vision. and only westbrook can bully / jump his way to the paint or multiple pg dunks. in my opinion a dangerous shot is woth much more in the nba, then brute speed & a vertical
DrazenReznik
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#71 » by DrazenReznik » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:14 am

Well he joins Lebron and Kevin Love in Cle
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,255

Post#72 » by XTC » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:47 pm

Playing style wise he reminds me of a young Kyle Lowry. Once he finds that jumpshot, the rest of his game will open up as a result.

Lowry was also a bull in his younger days and didnā€™t become an all star until he became a reliable 3 point threat.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#73 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:55 pm

this was a really bad pick for the Cavs to start their rebuild after Lebron leaves. He was the 5th ranked PG for me. I'm afraid Cleveland will go back to being terrible once Lebron leaves and it didn't have to be this way.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#74 » by Stillwater » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:04 am

^ there are alot of bad opinions about the young bull , and they are for the most part from people talking out their respective asses
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,309

Post#75 » by DrCoach » Mon Jul 2, 2018 3:16 am

Eric Bledsoe

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Post#76 » by Upperclass » Mon Jul 2, 2018 4:05 am

Nate Robinson
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#77 » by BostonCouchGM » Mon Jul 2, 2018 5:48 am

Stillwater wrote:^ there are alot of bad opinions about the young bull , and they are for the most part from people talking out their respective asses

edgy. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but starting a rebuild with a PG who'll likely never be a top 20 PG doesn't seem the wisest decision in the world especially with this draft class being so loaded well into the late 2nd round.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#78 » by Stillwater » Mon Jul 2, 2018 3:56 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
Stillwater wrote:^ there are alot of bad opinions about the young bull , and they are for the most part from people talking out their respective asses

edgy. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but starting a rebuild with a PG who'll likely never be a top 20 PG doesn't seem the wisest decision in the world especially with this draft class being so loaded well into the late 2nd round.

Now that the King has flown west Sexton will get all of the opportunity in the world to prove himself.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#79 » by Stillwater » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:16 pm

The game is starting to slow down for Sexton and the kid is proving to be every bit worth the draft spot where he was taken.
evident by this stat line in a Cavs 116 to 101 win over Washington.
Sexton the good : 29 points/3 reb/6 dimes/2 steals.the bad 4 t.o.
Wall all bad for him 0 fg 1 point/ 4 reb / 6 dimes/0 steals/ 1 t.o.

Sexton is shooting 46% and 44% from 3.
In comparison Trey Young is shooting 38% and 25% from 3.
Young is a much better distributor at this point, but overall Sexton is climbing the ladder as a higher achiever long-term and is proving to be much more efficient of a shooter and scorer than the higher touted shooter coming into the draft in Young who ATL passed on Luka for.

Sexton is and remains a steal for CLE at 8
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by doordoor123 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Stillwater wrote:The game is starting to slow down for Sexton and the kid is proving to be every bit worth the draft spot where he was taken.
evident by this stat line in a Cavs 116 to 101 win over Washington.
Sexton the good : 29 points/3 reb/6 dimes/2 steals.the bad 4 t.o.
Wall all bad for him 0 fg 1 point/ 4 reb / 6 dimes/0 steals/ 1 t.o.

Sexton is shooting 46% and 44% from 3.
In comparison Trey Young is shooting 38% and 25% from 3.
Young is a much better distributor at this point, but overall Sexton is climbing the ladder as a higher achiever long-term and is proving to be much more efficient of a shooter and scorer than the higher touted shooter coming into the draft in Young who ATL passed on Luka for.

Sexton is and remains a steal for CLE at 8

No one believed me. Same when I compared Carter to Horford and now everyone is making that comparison.

Return to NBA Draft